tuscl

Anybody been to a dentist lately?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I had a crown come off while eating lunch today and called my dentist's office. They said to come in at 8AM tomorrow and call them when I am in the parking lot. They will come out to get me and do the paper work. I don't see how I can wear a mask once the dentist is ready to do her thing. What to expect?

11 comments

• mark94
    4 years ago
    They’ll take your temp and ask questions about your health. Have you had CoVid ? Symptoms, etc.

If you pass the screening, they’ll take care of you. They’ll wear more protective gear than normal.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    What were you eating?
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    Yes. They took my temp inside and then did what I needed them to do. 🤷‍♀️
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i’m guessin hard candy. maybe taffy.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Actually a corned beef sandwich on sour dough bread. My teeth are just old and brittle.
  • mjx01
    4 years ago
    nope. my appointment was just canceled because everything non-essential is still closed around here
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Yes, the other day. No one, including the dentist, was wearing a mask until the work started. Surprised me a little
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    OK. I went this morning at 8am. They came out to my car . then took my temperature and had my give written answers to virus questions. I was then taken directed to the dentist chair. The staff all wore masks except the dentist. She wore a Hazmet suit and complained about hot hot it was to wear. In and out in 30 minutes. they had to unlock the door to let me out. I saw 8 or 10 cars parked in the employee area but mine was the only one in the patient parking area.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    My dentist told me that bread is the most common thing to pull off crowns, etc. Seems unlikely but true.
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    Talk about a profession that is inherently risky! High speed drills and water-based scalers (for cleaning teeth) seem to generate a cloud of aerosol droplets. Hope the procedure worked out OK.
    4 years ago
    I went for a root canal Monday and except for the temperature taking w/ covid questions and complete lack of any other patients it was a very normal visit for Nevada.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion