Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Anybody been to a dentist lately?

shadowcat
shadowcatVIP63065448

Atlanta suburb

6 yrs ago · 1 min read

I had a crown come off while eating lunch today and called my dentist's office. They said to come in at 8AM tomorrow and call them when I am in the parking lot. They will come out to get me and do the paper work. I don't see how I can wear a mask once the dentist is ready to do her thing. What to expect?

Replies (10)Latest

Profile picture for mark94
mark94
•

They’ll take your temp and ask questions about your health. Have you had CoVid ? Symptoms, etc.

If you pass the screening, they’ll take care of you. They’ll wear more protective gear than normal.

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

What were you eating?

Profile picture for Jascoi
Jascoi
•

i’m guessin hard candy. maybe taffy.

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

Actually a corned beef sandwich on sour dough bread. My teeth are just old and brittle.

Profile picture for mjx01
mjx01
•

nope. my appointment was just canceled because everything non-essential is still closed around here

Profile picture for Lone_Wolf
Lone_Wolf
•

Yes, the other day. No one, including the dentist, was wearing a mask until the work started. Surprised me a little

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

OK. I went this morning at 8am. They came out to my car . then took my temperature and had my give written answers to virus questions. I was then taken directed to the dentist chair. The staff all wore masks except the dentist. She wore a Hazmet suit and complained about hot hot it was to wear. In and out in 30 minutes. they had to unlock the door to let me out. I saw 8 or 10 cars parked in the employee area but mine was the only one in the patient parking area.

Profile picture for loper
loper
•

My dentist told me that bread is the most common thing to pull off crowns, etc. Seems unlikely but true.

Profile picture for Electronman
Electronman
•

Talk about a profession that is inherently risky! High speed drills and water-based scalers (for cleaning teeth) seem to generate a cloud of aerosol droplets. Hope the procedure worked out OK.

Profile picture for 623
623
•

I went for a root canal Monday and except for the temperature taking w/ covid questions and complete lack of any other patients it was a very normal visit for Nevada.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement