tuscl

What a racket

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/…

Lawyer is accused of recruiting clients into prostitution ring he ran from his home

A 71-year-old criminal defense lawyer in Melbourne, Florida, was arrested Saturday for allegedly using his legal practice to recruit clients into a prostitution ring that he ran out of his home.

The lawyer, John Gillespie, was arrested in a sting operation, report Law.com, the Orlando Sentinel, the Miami Herald and WESH.

8 comments

• shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Hummm. I wonder if my HOA would have a problem with this?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    It's about time the U.S. stopped this stupid and counterproductive anti-P4P BS and let consenting adults be responsible for their own actions - if P4P it's not for you (Joe Public), no one is forcing you to partake, and by the same-token Joe Public should not force another consenting adult not to partake if he/she so wishes.
    4 years ago
    @papi - did you read the article? It is guys like these who make the P4P action a must do for LE. Luring underage girls into situations where they are trafficked or forcing girls into the "business" is the action that gives the sex trade such a bad name that it is an easy target. PL's should be united in there disdain since as long as guys like this exist it will be impossible to defend the more wholesome and consenting sex industry.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I didn't read the article - in the end, if P4P was not criminalized and thus mostly forced underground, then there'd likely be less issues w/ pimping.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    It's always when you start dealing with underage girls that you really get in trouble. Fucking dumbass.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    "... And how they can get I want to have sex with the girl from that, I don’t want anything from her. It just boggles my mind.”

So what... he was going to meet this young girl at the hotel, refuse sex, still give her $100, and play a game of chess instead?
  • eastsidecap
    4 years ago
    A no bond warrant? That is just insane! Hell when cops murder a suspect they are usually let out on a low bond or no bond
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    i wonder if he knew epstein over the years. epstein was also operating from FLA.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion