tuscl

Any Clubs Permanently Closed Yet?

goldmongerATL
The Square Above Charlie Weaver
Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:24 AM
I'm not sure which club, but a buddy in NJ said he passed a club in North Jersey that has a Commercial Property for Sale sign out front. A good indication that club will not be back. Anyone see similar indications of a club gone for good?

23 comments

• sinclair
    4 years ago
    I haven't driven by any clubs, but it is certain there will be many clubs that do not survive this. When the coronavirus took off, I thought maybe 10% wouldn't survive. Now, 30% or 40% might be realistic. An article in the New York Times recently talked about 75% of local independent restaurants not surviving.
  • sinclair
    4 years ago
    We probably won't see the For Sale signs popping up until the quarantine is over. Real estate isn't an essential business.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    I'm pretty sure at least one or two of the worst clubs will close. But these are the sorts of places I checked out once, wondered how they even exist and left to never return.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    I think many of those clubs that pull in virtually no money are laundering money.
  • Slickwillie
    4 years ago
    My club is using the time to make repairs and possibly remodeling.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    The last recession changed strip clubbing in that there were far less clubs and more extras. This recession will cut half of the roster of clubs due to no paying custoemrs. $1.00 stage tips will be the rule.
  • NJBalla
    4 years ago
    I dont see it happening. Its one of the few businesses that doesn't have to worry about furloughing employees. They will weather the storm and there is always a crop of fresh off the boat girls looking to make an extra buck. Perhaps when it opens it will be like when the baseball league went on strike and we had those replacement players for a while.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    Not sure if bartenders, bouncers, DJ's etc are also contractors. An average club probably has 10-25 of them on staff. Other than paying the rent on the space, not much to keep it going. No inventory to worry about cash flow, etc. The booze keeps (maybe not the kegs, but that's minor). Do you still pay off the cops if you are closed? Not sure of the etiquette there.
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    ^oooh no! Our workout makeout sessions will have to move to another gym 😭
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    How would one even know this answer? Some may THINK they are temporarily closed, but it could be permanent.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    Agree some of the usual signs or any business permanently gone may be delayed. 1. Club Sign Gone 2. For Sale Sign 3. Coming Soon Sign 4. Property being cleared 5. Going out of business Sale - Ho's half off! 2 for 1 sale!Try our Greek Special!
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Under the guidelines, clubs may be back to regular rules in early June in some states. Whether they have dancers or customers is another issue. By then, volume testing should be taking place, so we’ll know whether the virus is still a threat. Personally, I doubt I’ll return to strip clubs until testing proves the risk is low. I suspect a lot of dancers have the same mindset. I’m curious to see what physical changes are made to the surviving clubs. Do they try to be social distancing show clubs or stick with the lapdance model ?
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “ Agree some of the usual signs or any business permanently gone may be delayed.“ Or, an old favorite, burning the building down.
  • RamPaige
    4 years ago
    I believe Angels of the World here in Queens, NY is done. This is the place the movie Hustlers was based on and where Cardi B assaulted the bartender. But it's not due to Covid19, it's just poorly managed and a bad location. Before it was closed for good, there were shootings outside the club and it was already on their 4th ownership.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... I’m curious to see what physical changes are made to the surviving clubs. Do they try to be social distancing show clubs or stick with the lapdance model ..." IME for the most-part it seems clubs try to allow as much mileage as they can get away with (as much mileage as local LE will allow them to get away with).
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... Agree some of the usual signs or any business permanently gone may be delayed ... Or, an old favorite, burning the building down ..." There was a fire at Dancers Royale in Orlando (this is the club that bought Inner Room in Cocoa Beach about 2+ years ago): [view link]
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    There was a race track in financial trouble in Chicago about 30 years ago. One morning, it caught on fire, but the fire department managed to put it out. Later that day, it caught fire again. This time, successfully.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    LOL
  • DINASOURDICKDAVE
    4 years ago
    Would anyone go to clubs if you got rid of the lap dance model? I would not
  • Winteriscumming
    4 years ago
    Rose City Strip in Portland has been permanently closed 😬
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    ===> "I dont see it happening. Its one of the few businesses that doesn't have to worry about furloughing employees. They will weather the storm and there is always a crop of fresh off the boat girls looking to make an extra buck." Agreed. There may be a few on the margins that close permanently and more that close during the prolonged economic aftermath, but clubs are uniquely positioned to ride out a full closure because they have very low staffing costs.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    Only time will tell.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    I’m pretty sure Club Adore in Baltimore is permanently closed. I stopped by 6 or 7 times Thursday thru Saturday nights between Thanksgiving 2019 and March 2020. Not open any of those times. I was going to give it one more shot before submitting the TUSCL obituary. But COVID19 shut everything down first. Perhaps it will be sold again.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion