Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

2020 Chevrolet Corvette Hit 60 MPH In 2.7 Seconds

623
623VIP27251

Since 1963 ...

6 yrs ago · 1 min read

Something to look forward to for the GM fans after the virus (unless you just want to buy one online now)

And all for about $60k

Replies (11)Latest

Profile picture for gSteph
gSteph
•

Without a spare 60K, this is only a daydream. But a nice one.

Profile picture for minnow
minnow
•

0 to 60 in 2.7 seconds, $60K to $0 in a nanosecond..........

Profile picture for Mate27
Mate27
•

I feel no need for speed!

Profile picture for azdd
azdd
•

I would love one, but my understanding is that dealers have already sold out their allotments for the entire first model year. I saw one interview, where the dealer said they sold their allotment of 75 cars in 3 hours. Some dealers were only taking orders from existing Corvette owners. I heard of one guy in Phoenix who bought a 2019 just so he could be in line to order a 2020. I think I saw my first one on the road earlier this week., Breathtaking, almost like my ATF!

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

The need for speed. Will there ever be an end to how much more we can get? I'll admit I bought my Mustang GT partly because of it's speed but even I have limits.

My 2018 had a sticker price of $45K and will do zero to 60 in 3.9 seconds but now for only $15K more I can by a 2020 corvette that can do it in 1.2 seconds faster. That will make a big difference in getting to Follies. :)

Profile picture for Clubber
Clubber
•

All computer controlled it seems. Sadly, sort of defeats the former purpose of drag racing.

Profile picture for Dolfan
Dolfan
•

The 60k price tag is kinda misleading. They're making almost zero of the zero option models, at least so far. I don't know where you're quoting from, but I really doubt the 60k model is quite that fast either. For the roughly 80k I'm guessing the one with that package will run, I still think its a bargain. Don't get me wrong, I fucking love the C8's even more than I loved the C6's. Especially since I really didn't like the C7's at all.

Haven't yet had the pleasure to drive one, but I'm sure it'll be damn hard to say no once I do get the chance.

Profile picture for Papi_Chulo
Papi_Chulo
•

Sports cars are cool but I've always preferred smooth riding quiet sedans - only way I'd probably own a sports-car would be as a second-car to drive every-now-and-then (weekends, etc), vs an everyday driver - I'd doubt I'd have a sports-car as a 2nd-car not only b/c of the cost, but also the high-insurance-rates in Miami.

Profile picture for Jascoi
Jascoi
•

my bad ass Prius gets me into enough trouble .

Profile picture for loper
loper
•

All the girls tell me that I should take more not less time going from zero to 60.

Profile picture for rl27
rl27
•

At that acceleration, in my case it would be 0 to crash in 2.7 seconds.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement