tuscl

Could recession pricing be coming?

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
I won't deny that I am a little excited at the thought of recession pricing coming to my local strip clubs. There are a couple of things I've been working for a while that I'd like to get over the goal line. I remember how good things got during the last recession and I can't deny being eager for a return to those conditions.

Could this be it? :)

24 comments

• skibum609
    5 years ago
    I spent the afternoon at Club Fantasies where Tuesdays are 2/30 dances until 10:00 p.m. Always a good contact experience, but yesterday was ridiculous. The dancers all got nude, which isn't permitted and all allowed at the very least as much full contact as you can have in a dance, without sex. This included 2 dancers who as recently as 3 weeks ago weren't allowing fiv, let alone getting nude in the first 15 seconds. Stick shifting to the point where i was tempted.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ Desert, clubs can of course require anyone using their facilities to comply with applicable laws, including IC dancers. RI is one of the Nanny states which requires full nudity to be set in an area away from any doorway. In the case of Fantasies, it is only topless downstairs because the stage is immediately visible from the open door. At night the upstairs opens up and nudity is allowed there, but during the day only the downstairs is open.

I guess the girls in PVD clubs are already feeling the pinch. No such luck here yet - things are humming along in the vibrant local economy.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Guessing that this is an important thought for folks that shop thrift shops and buy dented cans at the supermarket, you can also get free haircuts at a barber college and if you live near a dental school you can save money letting the students practice on you.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    LOL 25. I'm actually looking for bargains on top-end stuff, but thanks for the advice. Think fire sale. ;)
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    And actually, not even steep discounts either. I think it's more accurate to say that i'm hoping some girls who are already earning well ITC become more motivated to earn elsewhere.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    The really good stuff is hardly ever discounted at least not till it’s too old or dinged up to get full price off the shelf
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there 25. A hot girl with immediate cash needs will often re-evaluate her position on a number of things, including whether she's willing to do OTC an what it will take to get her there. It's all in how one approaches it.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Really depends on her options and top shelf pussy usually has options at least IMHE
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I am getting dances with the same dancers that charged 2/3 times as much 3 weeks ago. I guess some people would rather pay 100k for the same car that I paid 50k.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ^ All it takes is catching her at the one moment when her cash needs are more immediate than the timing of her other options. This is how I scored my ATF in 2009 as well as her two runner-ups.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    Rick, I guess that you know that 2 or more consecutive quarters of negative growth constitutes a recession, and we haven't met formal definition (yet!?). However, between the wild stock market swings (mostly downward), the fed's interest rate cut, and longtime low bond yields has the earmarks of a recession. Eagerly awaiting your MBA thesis on the time lag between negative macroeconomic forces, and willingness of dancers/other contractors to lower their prices, or do more for a given amount of $$.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    It's cash flow arbitrage. On Monday night it doesn't matter how much she made last Friday before if she blew it by Sunday, nor does it matter how much she'll make a few nights from now if she has a bill or fine that has to be paid tomorrow.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Fortunately I have no need to worry at least not about money and @Skibum you should drive what you like but you won’t find my car new for 50 K but enjoy the vehicle of your choice I can only say that no one that I’m responsible for missed a meal or slept out on the street because of what my wheels cost.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    After 11 years of a fake expanding economy, propped up by cheap money from the Fed a recession is overdue anyway. Tghisone will be terrible simply because as time has gone on Americans have lost the ability to think and do for themselves.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    LOL minnow. As you well know, sometimes it takes several months or even a year to pin down exactly when a recession started. We now know that the last recession started in December of 2008, but it took several months after for the pain to be fully felt in the labor markets.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Sorry minnow, I meant December of 2007.
  • BabyDoc
    5 years ago
    Well Rick I’m not looking for any bargains but based on the emails I’ve received the scene is already set. I’ve been back in the States for the past two months for medical treatment and for most of that time I’ve been looking up at the hospital ceiling daydreaming about the parties I’m going to give myself if I ever get out of this place. Plans such as closing the front door to one of my favorite clubs for a private party and making all the girls very happy.

From what I hear business has gone to shit and the smell of desperation is in the air. Now if the airlines or the faggoty governments don’t prevent me from traveling then my wallet is going to be very, very welcome in a few short weeks, Ojalá
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    ^ Two months is rough. You definitely have my sympathies. Hope your recovery happens soon enough.
  • BabyDoc
    5 years ago
    ^ Thanks. Under the knife again next week for better or worse but knowing how many scantily clad women are depending on me keeps me going, lol.
  • NJBalla
    5 years ago
    I give us till late April for this to fade away. The virus is going to spread to everyone whether we like it or not. A good time to hit the gym and make sure you arent one of the sick ones who doesnt beat the upcoming purge.

A scientist on Joe Rogan said to expect 480,000 deaths when this is all over. Not bad when you consider spanish flu killed 100 million.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFhjMQr…
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    More proof that strip clubs really are the bizzaro world. Only in such a place could well educated and financially well off men openly talk of their hopes for a recession.

Don't get me wrong, the last recession really was a lot of fun for me in the clubs but I would rather increase the level of fun through changes is the law (or at least less strict enforcement) than through recession.
  • NJBalla
    5 years ago
    @whodey Kraft got busted getting a hand release at a strip mall. There's reasons the rich stay rich. I just loved the value of the recession era. Laid back talk at bar and extras in the LD room. Quality of women was much higher too. Economic boom meant many girls turned to OTC.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    "Kraft got busted getting a hand release at a strip mall." That's Robert Kraft, rich dude who lowballs NFL QB GOAT Tom Brady to get even richer.

Can you believe NJBalla just slam dunked the logic bomb?
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    If this is going to be going on for an extended period of time, I could easily see a bunch of clubs treading water at the moment going under.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion