tuscl

muted comment. click to show.

Jascoi
mr.wonderful to single moms and college age girls...
i admit i am slow...
i still haven’t figured out how this shows up in discussion comments.
because i don’t have anyone on my ignore list.

18 comments

• CC99
    5 years ago
    I think the person making the thread has ignored that person.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Either what CC99 said, or the thread starter can choose to mute just certain posts.

Take Dugan's thread about Bloomberg buying the Democratic nomination for instance. I noticed a lot of SJG's comments are muted but not all of them. That leads me to believe that Dugan doesn't have SJG blocked like a lot of folks, but chooses to mute some of his rambling.

You can tell who has who blocked when every single one of their posts shows up as mute in a thread. It's how I got my list of folks who have SJG blocked. It's a good number of people.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    You go through threads looking at who has all of bis posts blocked and then made a list?
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    as a test I am going to click on cc99‘s comment on this thread.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Yes I did. One day I was reading the threads on the front page and I noticed every time I clicked unmute post it was an SJG post. So then I was curious to see who all had him muted.

Personally I'm surprised that more folks don't have you muted, Icey, but I gotta admit it's entertaining to read some of the back and forth shit you get into with other members. Other folks probably feel the same way.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    i clicked on the down arrow at the upper right of cc99’s first comment.
    now his comment is muted on my screen when i am logged in and also logged out.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Jascoi it said muted click to show
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    TFP you don't find it weird to go through threads. Finding his nuted comments. Counting them. Then making a list of who blocked him?
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    yes.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    that’s yes to iceyloco ‘Jascoi it said muted click to show’.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    on other discussion topics cc99’s comments are still displayed to me.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    cc99...
    please post another comment on this discussion topic as a test. thank you.
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    At Icey I didn't count them. I went through the thread, unclicked the muted comments, and upon seeing SJG's were blocked every time, came to the conclusion that thread starter blocked him. When I noticed that was the case for a lot of threads, I became curious and started keeping a list. I seem to add new names every couple days.

Weird? Maybe. I know I'm a weirdo. I also think you're a weirdo, but for different reasons. It's all good.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Sure, here’s a comment :)
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    thanks. it ain’t muted.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @TFP note that IceyDodo is one who puts someone on ignore but then goes and un-mutes their posts and reads them anyway. 🤪
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I don't see too-much-value in the Mute-function - doesn't seem to act as a block to keep the muted-PL from posting, it just means it's not readily visible unless the reader un-mutes it (unless I am not fully understanding the Mute function).
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ I can see that - but looks like it sorta only declutters it for the OP since he's the only that can mute someone in the thread and not everyone will agree on who/what is to be muted.

Not a big-deal - it has some value - I think it would work better as a declutter if everyone had the power to mute specific posts and it'd be muted only to them/their-view - analogous to how one can mute individual-threads, but in this case one could also mute individual-posts within a thread.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion