tuscl

What's the most unusual ...

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 6:54 AM
What's the most unusual US club you've ever been to and what was so unusual about it? In my case I'd have to say Show-n-Tell Showbar in Philly. I've described it here before so I won't bother again, other than to say that it's more of a sex emporium than a strip club. I only ever went once - it's not my cup of tea - but I did have fun there.

21 comments

• shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I have not been there but it is still on my list of thing to do. Tango India in San Jose, Costa Rica has got to be the most unusual club that I have heard of. A Convaire 240 parked in the middle of the club! Not cheap by the reviews but still sounds exciting. Check it out at [view link]
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I'm almost drawing a blank on this one. The most unusual one I can think of would be Rick's Lounge in Fayetteville, NC. It's been closed for years (probably torn down now). It was a strip club ever since WWII unless I got that wrong. I just knew it had been around for awhile. The local DJ liked to call the area Fayettenam. I heard it had been a bit wild there at times but I never noticed anything that wild.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Oh, I just thought of a new one. There was one club I visited several years ago (Pure Gold in Southern Pines, NC) and I swear almost every single dancer working there was a 9 or 10. The dancers had to audition to get a job there and apparently there was some competition. For me now, going to a club that has all the dancers looking very hot seems unusual. It was definitely a no contact club but I liked visiting especially when a large group of golfers were buying table dances and you could just sit back and watch all the nice tits and curves. Eye candy everywhere.
  • Pete22z
    17 years ago
    The Taj Mahal in Marietta, GA (R.I.P.) had an outdoor pool and fountain that dancers paraded around. Both the girls and customers (I believe) could swim there. I thought that was a truly novel idea, but I believe there are other clubs that have this.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    SHADOWCAT! Hey BOY! Read the TOPIC..... i.e., most unusual US club!!!! LOL - gottcha'! I'll list an outside US club also, make ya feel better. casualguy - You're right about Rick's Lounge. I had been once while stationed at Ft. Bragg. And right again, Fayetteville was known as 'Fayettenam', because of all the Vietnamese there, especially on Hill Street (I think that was the name of it). There were a lot of Vietnamese bars (not SCs) on that street also, along with Rick's. Pete22z - That was a novel idea. Never heard of it, but I like the way it sounds! :-) OK.... most unusual SC in the US for me was and probably still is Mitchell Brothers' Eros Center in San Francisco. Unusual, as they have or had 4 different areas you could visit for your EXPENSIVE entry fee. Stage with X-rated films & dancers who would roam the rows of seats while the movies would play; stage with bi-sexual act; Copenhagen Room (I think) with the flashlights; and then the peep booths. The peep booths, years back had open windows with black curtains. Lots went on there! For tips, the dancers would help you wack-off! Most unusual SC outside of US was a Vietnamese bar in Berlin (1990) where you could use dildos on dancers on stage. Next thing, a volunteer out of the audience could come on stage and sit in a below stage juccuzi. I voluntered once (or rather talked into it), had to strip 'nekkid' (no thongs at the time) on stage and jump in the juccuzi with the 'nekkid' asians. Funny part about the "whole" (I spelled it right this time!!!) incident, even with the asians working on me under water, I still couldn't attain a "woody" because of the crowd cheering and all. However, after the show, my buddies and I picked out our favorite 'Nam' dancers and got full service in seperate rooms!
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Boringly obvious but accurate answer: Mitchell Brothers in San Francisco. Its mission is to be unusual, which isn't nearly as interesting as clubs that are unusual by accident or because they don't know any better.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Scuze me for not seeing Bones mention of MBOT before posting.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    Probably the Lampliter in Ottawa, IL, which bans rap, although I think they can be too heavy handed about it.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Many clubs ban rap, although not as many as tried to 10 years ago, before it became practically synonymous with contemporary pop music. Club Hollywood in Washington Park, Illinois (East St. Louis) had an unusual music format the first year or so after they opened. They started the day shift playing only 60s and 70s music, then switched to more recent decades as the day wore on until arriving at the present for the night shift. I usually went there during the day, which meant getting an earful of so-called classic rock. They mix it all up now, although they still don't play rap.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    I'd have to say Ladies En Confidente in Denver. It's the only place like it, to which I've ever been. I don't think I'd ever go back, unless I was going as a couple. LEC's website sounded like a brothel, so I HAD to check it out. It's buried in an industrial park, set back between several warehouses (yes, in another message thread, you all know what I thought when I saw the "warehouse" signs). I had to "ring in" to have someone open the door, and once inside I was told to sit down on a couch. After about 10 minutes, all of the girls that were working at that time were paraded out past me, and I was to select the girl of my choice. (it was seeming more and more like a brothel, and I anticipated some heavy action) Unfortunately, out of the girls available (four of them), there was only one that was marginally attractive to me, but by that time, my standards were lowering in proportion to the lenghtening of a certain tool in my possession. I opted for a 30 min session with my girl, during which she stripped completely and gave me some very up close and personal looks at the goods. However, as it turned out, looks was all that I got. No touching in either direction - 'cept I was allowed to touch her ass, back and legs... She begged me to take off my pants and let her see it. Thinking there was still a chance of getting inside one of her orifices, I obliged. I thought surely, once she got a look at what I was working with, that she'd help me relieve some tension, but no. It was strictly a self-service place, and even offering tips made no difference. I wasn't about to jack-off, and started stowing the disappointed Mr. Happy when she told me how hot she gets watching guys masterbate. Who am I to deny a girl of life's simple pleasures? She assisted me by kneeling between my legs, and while looking into my eyes, she made moaning sounds as she stuck her tongue out to within an inch of my member. Definitely a hot sight, and the tension eventually oozed out, but disappointment was the overall feeling for the visit.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Doug, that sounds more like a typical jack shack/modeling studio than an unusual strip club. Nice story regardless.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Chandler: True, it's not your typical strip club, but since it IS listed on TUSCL, I figured it was fair game to be mentioned.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    DougS - Even though it might have been a modeling studio with Self Handled Initiating Tension (SHIT) relief...... I could not have resisted choaking that poor teasing bitch with my cock, even if it meant me getting thrown out! Anyway, good story and well told. YAHOO!!! (take that Google!!!!)
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    That's the definition of a scam. :)
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Bones: I did try a few times to thrust forward a few inches "accidentally", thinking that I might get lucky and experience a brief visit between her lips, but she was quick and probably expecting such a tactic. Geesh, for the tip I promised her, you'd think she'd gladly at least lick the "tip".
  • happylap
    17 years ago
    This won't win any awards but it WAS unusual. I was in Portland, Oregon and visited two neighboring clubs: Chantilly Lace and Sugar Shack. I can't remember which was which but they were pretty similar and located next door to each other in a strip mall on Killingsworth St. In one club there was some nude dancing on stage in a brightly lit bar room but the big draw seemed to be the $150 private shows. According to posts on tuscl and other customers I talked to, both the dancer and the customer get naked during these shows. There was some suggestion that FS was available. I was hesitant to spend the money and by the time I'd worked up the courage (drank enough) there was a shift change and no one showed up for the next shift. There were only 3 or 4 girls there to begin with. I'd walked into the other club first and was told rudely by the barmaid that the only dancer working was busy doing a show. After the shift change I walked around through a connecting hallway into an adult bookstore. It was a big place but only about a quarter of the shelves were stocked and there were private rooms to one side. I looked in these rooms and saw ratty sofas with even rattier quilts lying on them. I think it was a good thing I didn't partake of the shows. I might have gone home with lice, scabies or worse. I've recently learned of a place in Gary, IN called CT's Adult Superstore which sounds more like a sex emporium than a strip club. I'd like to check it out just for shits and giggles.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    happylap - You probably did the smart thing at that club by not partaking. Over the years, I've been to bookstores, massage parlors, model studios... and seen my share of ratholes. Similar experience that DougS had, years while in the service, I stopped at a 'modeling studio' in Austin, TX, located in a strip mall. Forgot how much I paid, but I had the cutest youngest tart strip completely naked for my pleasure. Thing was, no matter how much $$$$ I offered, she would touch me with her hands, but would rub a leg or arm up against me, and that was all. After all these years, I still remember that one!
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I think across the US, there are many "jack shacks" which profit as much on the basis of the misleading nature of the establishment as anything else. A guy goes in, doesn't have any specific confirmation that this business will NOT provide him what it seems to promise, and pays more and more money, generally in an incremental upsell, eventually getting nothing and leaving after either total dissatisfaction or only self-administered satisfaction. His embarrassment at his own foolishness, for having fallen for the ploy, as much as the general fact of lack of overt clear information about sexually oriented businesses, means that others seldom learn from his mistake. In any given large metro area, there are sufficient new customers to keep at least a few of these operations in business for a while. And since they profit more from misleading than from providing what they supposedly look like they would provide, their upselling sales pitch will be rather difficult to see through; especially since any "legal" sales pitch would preclude sexual release anyway. They're despicable, really. I've only fallen prey once, and I usually avoid all places that could even HINT at that type of upsell. If I don't have confirmation from some internet source or a reliable word-of-mouth on the street, I won't darken the door of the place. It's simply what you get when you combine a carnie shill game with adult entertainment. Nothing savory.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    BG, I've been to several real strip clubs (eg. dancers performing on stage) that have a jack shack on the premises. I don't think it's all that uncommon. And they're very clear that no touching is allowed in that area, it's your own wishful thinking that causes you to feel ripped off, not the dancer.
  • arbeeguy
    17 years ago
    First of all, I concur in the condemnation of the jack shacks. They are NOT strip clubs, they are scams. Second, the most unusual strip club I have ever been in is Vic's Place in Irvington New Jersey. I hope they continue to put dancers on stage all or most of the time so they can justify the label of strip club. From personal experience and from reading the reviews, I can say that the fun is the extemporaneous experience you have with young attractive females right out in the open. (Read the reviews and judge for yourself.) Nobody pays any attention to what you are doing, so it is OK. And the dancer never demands any specified amount of money. I suspect most of the girls there are available for take-out and that is how they make the real money.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Sounds like (from the reviews) Vic's Place isn't any more a strip club than the jack-shacks we were complaining about. But I don't think I'd complain about Vic's. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion