tuscl

Are we ever getting back the ability to sort by ratings

Really not helpful to just have a list sortable by date and number of reviews.

20 comments

• founder
    5 years ago
    No
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Ratings are just too subjective. I want users to decide for themselves what a club rates.

One person's 10 is another's 5.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ if that were really true then why do some clubs consistently get good reviews, that’s really not so across the board and you know it
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    As I posted previously, TUSCLer is a data set (just happens to consist of T&A data) - as I posted previously, it's often beneficial to be able to see/interpret data in various ways - having ratings may not be the end-all be-all but it does serve as an additional way to look/interpret the data.

I think the user-community has recently spoken on behalf of ratings for the most-part - again, it won't be perfect, but previous comments many feel it's better than nothing.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    I love how 25 is always so accusatory. "and you know it"... As nif there is some sinister plan brewing to take over the strip club world.

Happy new year, ya paranoid PL ;)
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @founder,
    Happy new year to you as well there's nothing accusatory, and nobody's saying you have a plan to take over the strip club world, but there's nothing subjective in large numbers of folk consistently saying that a certain club is great and that certain business owners, and managers consistently hit it out of the ballpark, so again tell me how 25 great reviews, with only one or two sub par reviews are "too subjective" damn man!
    You just can't resist playing devil's advocate.
    The results speak for themselves, go ahead read the reviews for Follies, good review after good review, sure there are those anomalies that aren't as complimentary but over all I bet most fellas have a good visit most of the time, or use Tootsie's as an example, last few years there are a good number of folks saying it's not as great as it was, but still not bad overall, even going up to New England, large amounts of reviews are complimentary of Desires, I mean really, buddy, that's not being argumentative that's just recognizing reality. You can have your opinion and admit that a large amount of folks disagree with it, and not always looking to argue just go with it, sometimes the majority is correct.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    twentyfive is closing out the decade with this gloves off
    😃
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Lol... Even in his long winded reply, he agrees with me.

"Read the reviews of..."

That's what I'm hoping people will do.

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Most sensible PLs will read the reviews to get a proper grasp of the clubs - the ratings just help narrow it down particularly in an area with dozens of clubs - I think it's too much to ask a PL to go club by club review by review - may actually be counterproductive
  • founder
    5 years ago
    This whole hobby is counterproductive
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    ^^^ He's not wrong.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Most things in life have their pros and cons.

P4P is often referred to as the oldest profession in the world and if it's lasted this long it must be for a reason.
  • kmej2015
    5 years ago
    I can only think that you've been pressured by the clubs with poor ratings to not allow this sort? But in the end the site is not for them it's for users. And as has been said multiple times - clubs earn their rating. I would argue that any club with more than 30 reviews has enough of a sample for the rating to be accurate. And that is the basis of any search I do. Then I absolutely read the reviews to look for the specific information I'm looking for. Finally, on at least two occasions I gone to a club with a lower rating after reading reviews that indicate it's more our kind of place than higher rated clubs in the area. So, it's not just a highest rating gets the business. Honestly the elimination of that aspect makes the site almost of no use to me personally - I'm sure other feel different and if they're in the majority then no harm - just my loss.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... I can only think that you've been pressured by the clubs with poor ratings to not allow this sort? ..."

NOBODY

Pressures the Founder
  • kmej2015
    5 years ago
    hmmm then I really don't see how anyone would view this as an improvement but again - I may be the only person you lose over it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Anything is possible.

But Founder changes the site every now and then and usually pisses of 3/4 of the user-base but with time the site is often tweaked to most PLs' satisfaction - and if not then most just live with it - it's TUSCL
  • kmej2015
    5 years ago
    fair enough - thanks for the feedback
  • dscott
    5 years ago
    Why does the layout of this site change so often? I find it hard to readily access the information I find the most valuable such as my Favorites and the day of the week that a review is based upon.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Founder likes to refresh the website every so often - sometimes we feel he misses the mark but he keeps on tinkering till it's better - I think it's pretty-good right now - sometimes it takes a little while to relearn where everything is or get used to the new/changed features but we time it feels like TUSCL business-as-usual (at least till the next change 😄)
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Yeeeeereep
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion