tuscl

I do not like the new format

The new format has made finding local club in an area you are no familiar with virtually impossible.
I have used TUSCL for years to locate an map out clubs to visit in an area. Now when I select an area it gives me clubs for dozens of mile away with no way to tell where they are relative to each other. For Example when you select the area around West Babylon NY the first club that comes up in in Manhattan and the next several are in NJ more than an hour away.
If you select Erie PA you get 1 of the three Erie clubs come up and the rest begin in Canada.
To go to Canada you have to drive 2 hours to Buffalo to crass and must have a passport. I suspect if I select LA Tijuana clubs will be recommended.
I have review around 200 different all over the country and have added clubs not on your register and posted their first reviews. This new format is very hard to use.
I am not interested in following dancers nor posting pictures so I guess I will remain an "unverified member" I do answer question put to me by other members but am always reticent about specific activities or dancers since this club is "fictional accounts" of various clubs
Some sort of mapping function that shows the club locations like before would be nice as I sometime visit several clubs in one evening to evaluate them for future visits and reviews.

15 comments

• founder
    5 years ago
    The map is coming back. Don't fret.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Thank you founder. Besides the reviews themselves, that map function was far and away the most valuable research tool on this site for traveling hounds.
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    What is the advantage of getting verified? I realize there are alot of idiots with multiple accounts that have been a detriment to the community, but that should not mean those of us who have never had more than one account/username should be punished by sacrificing our privacy because of those aforementioned idiots.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Sinclair, start a new thread, and I'll answer your question
  • blahblahblah23
    5 years ago
    I cant see full reviews 1 after another one the same page anymore since this change?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Nope - full-view is one of several liked features not currently available anymore
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I like it
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Took away too many good features. Every update we lose something else.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    I hope the next update takes away the Verified room.
    5 years ago
    I agree. Many of the features I liked and that made the site useful have disappeared over refresh cycles.
    5 years ago
    Not that all change is bad but unexpected but I’m having trouble identifying any upside to the myriad of deleted features.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    it’s a work in progress.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    @ TFP, nicespice, etal: The overriding gripe centers on the fact that founder has now turned tuscl into a clickbait site. For the longest time, we've been accustomed to being able to scan a full page to get useful information. Now, we must do umpteen clicks for club reviews. Ditto for assessing the credibility of individual members. (Are their reviews insightful, and thorough, or are they a bunch a min effort to get VIP credit). This latest iteration/focus has made tuscl less enjoyable for me, and over time may erode it's relevance to my clubbing activities. Too bad keeping up with the Joneses in clickbait ad revenue has brought Tuscl to this point.
  • the mighty quinn
    5 years ago
    Maybe I’m just not finding it, but one of my favorite features from previous versions of the website was having my list of favorite clubs. If I’m just missing it someone let me know.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    @minnow... Quit fucking whining. It looks shitty on you. If I was making tuscl a "clickbait" site, wouldn't it behoove me to have advertising on it?

Lists of full reviews will be returning. Just be patient.

@mightyquinn, favorites is now called following

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion