tuscl

The Owner Patron

SirLapdancealot
Knight of the Round Table Dance
Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:51 PM
Ever go to a club and see the owner also be a patron and drink and go to the stage? At one of my regular clubs it's like this. It's his prerogative but it's also kind of weird. Thoughts?

28 comments

• SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ *go to the stage and tip*
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    Never seen an owner.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    When one club owner had made changes because he wanted his main club to become a copycat Palazio, the owner was (From what I saw) hanging out there nearly every night at that time I remember. (Around last March-April) There was one particular table he would sit at, for most of that time.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    @nicespice did he ever go to the stage and tip? Or interact with the dancers in any way?
  • DandyDan
    5 years ago
    At my old favorite club, when the original owner was there, he would get lapdances. Many of the dancers thought that was weird. It must have been real awkward as well.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    I've seen it. At least the drinking and getting some dancer action. Tipping not so much.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I've heard from several dancers at the same club that one of the owners had favorites that he would take to his office, smoke pot with them and then "pay" them for sex. The dancers I heard it from admitted that they had done it.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    In any other industry, it would be perfectly normal for an owner to sit, observe, and interact with employees and customers to ensure the highest quality of services and experience. I can even understand him tipping dancers on stage if they were performing extra well, or if no one else was tipping on a good performance. Even lap dances, while customarily an avenue for mileage or extras, or an important part of the customer experience that he needs to ensure are done well and within the boundaries of any local ordinances . It seems creepy because of the inherently sexual nature of the business. The owner-patron role can easily be corrupted into harassment and coercion. The owner has to be careful to remain appropriate and professional at all times. Its a fine line tonwalk between a quality check and taking advantage of employees. Hiring a mystery shopper is another avenue the owner could consider.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    I volunteer to be the mystery shopper...
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    No, jascoi, it would have to be someone reputable and trustworthy. Of course, that rules out our community in its entirety.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I've seen it a couple of times over the years and it invariably makes for a weird scene. The girls just don't behave the same as they would if the owner were someplace else. At the very least they are more self conscious and defensive.
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    I definitely saw this at a club I visited while traveling. I was sitting at the bar enjoying a drink and some company when the bartender suddenly makes crow noises "Ca-CAW! Ca-CAW!" I noticed the dancers got glum looks on their faces, so I asked what's going on. The dancer I was with said the bartender had spotted the owner's vehicle pulling into the parking lot and that was her signal to let everyone know he was about to come in. He comes in and orders drinks from the bartender who I never saw him tip. Then he goes and flirts with and gropes the dancers while they're on stage without tipping them. I could understand why they didn't like the guy.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    ^ LMAO the crow call sign is fucking hilarious.
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    I have seen what amounts to the opposite. The girls suddenly turn the floor mileage down from 10/10 to about a 4 and no one goes to VIP. Reason? The owner was there and he "officially" frowned upon the activities that were making him rich.
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    Forgot to add that once he left the girls were making up for lost time and revenue.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    I was watching my ATF DS on stage once and the owner at the time, who knew me as a regular, sat down next to me and proceeded to tip her but on my behalf. And he was dropping one after one on the order of $20. And since I just want to be solo at the club and enjoy my 1:1 time with my ATF DS, it got awkward for me even though the owner and I were cool with each other. He was just trying to have a good time and entertain me but it put me off as weird. I ended up getting up and saying that I had to go use the restroom to disengage.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    goldmongerATL - I've seen that too. The bouncers were warning the dancers and keeping a keen eye out until he left. Even had them tap me on the shoulder as soon as he came in.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    seems that some owners just don’t know what they own.
  • Ferdinx
    5 years ago
    @nicespice, that wouldn't happen to a particular ATX club that decided to expand their VIP and raise their prices about that time, would it?
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    It'd be hard to ID the owner when traveling but at one of my old spots you would see the owner at the bar watching a game drinking a beer. Never seen him partake in the festivities of LD's and VIP's that would be an odd sight.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    @sirlap No he didn’t tip. And he was sitting near one of the stages too. He would just hang out and do his thing. Maybe occasionally circulate the room because he wanted to enforce lower floor dance mileage. Which I hated because it was an extras club and most of the customers knew that, and of course there was no crack downs on that behavior—so I *really* didn’t want to try to sell cabanas there. So it got even harder to just find customers who weren’t extras hounds but just appreciated good lap dances on a couch (couches were taken away and dances became some on a less comfortable long bench—just like Palazio does it) During that time, I couldn’t be bothered to get out on the floor until 11pm-midnight. @Ferdinx lmao yes you know what club I’m talking about.
  • aussiehinz
    5 years ago
    At one of my regular haunts, the owner like to monopolize a group of the most attractive dancers, either for himself or to impress his friends. He doesn't tip or pay them for their time, but it's implied that if they don't cooperate, things will be made difficult for them. His general attitude is that it's his club and he will do whatever the fuck he wants.
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    Tony Soprano always seemed to have all the 10's in that back room fucking him and his crew.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    Bada Bing, bada boom, in da back room. (The owner patron's creed.)
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I used to see Alan Markovitz, owner of a number of Detroit strip clubs like Penthouse and Flight Club, fairly often in his clubs. He was not tipping dancers. He was observing and critiquing. He never looked happy. Dancers have told me that he would fire dancers on the spot if they did not meet his standards.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Can't say I've noticed - but I'm not a regular w.r.t. a specific club or dancer, in order to pick-up/be-informed on some of the inner-workings of the club
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Club Fantasies ownership passed from Father to son. When father ran it, it was the number one club in Providence. The son had his favorite dancers and treated them special; he drank with them and his friends; he paid zero attention to customer service. The club is dead last in providence and will remain so, even though I don't see the chump any longer.
  • Tiredtraveler
    5 years ago
    Besides Alan M in Detroit the owner of The Cadillac Lounge in Providence RI used come in all the time. After the Pink Palace (Cheaters) got busted for an under age girl turning tricks and the city clamped down opn all the clubs he stopped coming in an sold to a chain.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion