tuscl

“We need to create a system where equal right of all citizens to health, educati

CJKent (Banned)
“The more a person needs to be right, the less certain he is...”
“The same rights we proclaimed when we began our struggle, in addition to those which emerge from our dreams of justice and equality for all inhabitants of our world - is what I wish for all.”

Title couldn’t say it all.

21 comments

• herbtcat
    5 years ago
    If you don't add LDK to that list you are a hypocrite!
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I believe in the Easter Bunny.
  • rickthelion
    5 years ago
    What exactly is wrong with believing in the Easter Bunny? He is completely real. Of course, you apes misinterpret his actions. He’s more of trickster. Remember that chocolate in your last Easter basket? Well, it wasn’t chocolate. ROAR!!!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Totally true and necessary. Nothing utopian or fantastical about it.

Capitalism, on the otherhand is like belief in the Easter Bunny.

SJG
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    I read our Constitution and I didn’t see anything about a right to health, education, work, food, etc. that you list above.
    Equal access is very different than a right.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^ But we no longer live in an economy of scarcity. For over 100 years we have lived in an economy of gross surplus. So no longer is it reasonable to expect that say a labor market, will provide a reasonable distribution.

And then, trashing union and safety protections, and environmental protections, and giving tax breaks to business is counter productive.

The problem with a welfare state is that then welfare recipients become the national scapegoats.

So the answer is to go the next step, Universal Basic Income.

The Constitution does not call for right to health, education, work, food, etc. But it is based on the idea that this will always be a basically fair society.

What stands in the way of this? The Work Ethic.

SJG

• Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    ^^^Get a job free loader
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^ fuck yourself you open asshole!

SJG
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    @gawker The quote aims to desacralize the American Revolution, the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution; to expose popular myths about them and to rip aside the mantle of nobility, dignity and heroism that for more than 200 years has covered up its sordid and bloody reality that to this day represses women, Blacks, Native Americans and the poor.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^^ CJKent +10

SJG

Foghat Playlist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDDidj51…

American Carnage: On the Front Lines of the Republican Civil War and the Rise of President Trump
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006289…

Rio Carnival 2019 [HD] - Floats & Dancers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqkUu3VM…

Paris - Moulin Rouge show and dinner
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFCTq4LJ…
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    The history of America pleases winners who play by the rules and upsets failures who simply expected a free ride. Poor people choose to be poor.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    But "winners" are not better or more worthy than "losers".

The concept of winners versus losers is meaningless.

One of the ultimate assholes is skibum609.

SJG
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Lmao SJG. As long as yuo're happy to be a loser and I am happy to be a winner its win/win bro.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Fuck head, you are assuming I am willing to tolerate your breathing of air. You are mistaken.

SJG
  • nemesisk7
    5 years ago
    We need A new constitution ! Where all Prostitution is Legal anywhere !!!!
  • chessmaster
    5 years ago
    Why stop there? I want my right to a private plane.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    The main advantage the US has had is that we created a middle-class by massive public subsidies to the poor in the form of free and cheap land.

This lasted up to about the Civil War. Then after you had the first moves to restrict the power of big business in the Granger Movement and in T.R. and his Trust Busting.

After WWI though he had Harding lowering the maximum tax on personal income from 90% to 20%. So we had a huge bubble followed by a huge bust.

So the middle-class got relaunched via FDR, and Keynesian levels of progressive taxation. Max rate being usually 70% or 90%. Highest periods of economic growth and economic progress in the nation's history. This today is still what gives us an advantage compared to Latin America and other 3rd world nations.

It is Advanced Industrial, Information, and Agricultural Technologies which give us a vast productive surplus today.

And some have argued that the First Amendment should be interpreting the practice of prostution, as well as the privacy provisions in the 9th Amendment.

SJG
  • nemesisk7
    5 years ago
    ABOLISH THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE !!!!
  • nemesisk7
    5 years ago
    Democrats 2020 !!!!
  • nemesisk7
    5 years ago
    There is no american dream .
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    My dream is Nemesisk drinks a gallon of windex.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion