tuscl

Cascadas reservation being honored

Alligators make good pets, at least up to 4 ft long ....
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 2:02 PM
I have heard reports that sometimes when a reservation for a upgraded room (Master Suite) is presented with a VIP card the reservation evaporates and the discount is only honored on a basic room. Anyone have that problem and, if so, is there a solution? Maybe only present the VIP card after most of the paperwork (but before payment) is processed? I will be there Monday thru Wednesday (Sept 30-Oct 2) and I usually stay at Hotel Rizo across the street, but this time I booked Cascadas just to mix it up.

12 comments

• TFP
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    Didn't happen to me, but I'm just one person. I reserved the room about 2 weeks in advance. Then bought the VIP card before I checked in. The discount was applied exactly how it should have been. How much are rooms at the Rizo on weekdays and weekends? When I was watching couples come out of HK while eating tacos I did notice one guy lead his girl across the street into Rizos. Looked pretty dangerous for them to cross in the middle of the block like that, especially her in heels and a flowing robe, but they made it lol.
  • Countryman5434
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    I have never had this happen. I reserve master suite months in advance. I get vip card when i get there at hk service desk. I also keep email cascada sends me telling me room is reserved in my name
  • Countryman5434
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    I have been several times security and front desk people at cascada remember me. Always same people last time i was there was july
  • Topher1029
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    I have only been once, (second trip coming up in a few weeks šŸ˜€). First trip I booked a master suite about 2 weeks prior to arrival. Got to HK on a Monday morning, bought my VIP card and checked in at Cascadas with no problem (proper discounts applied). Is it more of a weekend problem, when they are busier?
  • Cristobal
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    If they send back a email confirmation Cascadas and Rizos honor the VIP discount card for any type of room. The only time they did not give me a suite was when they did not send an email confirmation, they apologized saying they did not have any suites available and forgot to advise me, so they gave me a basic room. This only happened one time. @tfp I like Rizo's a little better than Cascadas, the prices are about the same, the quality and service are close, Rizos honors all HK/Cascadas discounts and you can bring HK BGs. But the main reason I like Rizos is for the most part the hotel is more quite so I am able to get some sleep.
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback. Iā€™m starting to wonder if Cascadas is a mistake, Rizo has been perfectly fine and if the noise level is significant I might be sorry. If Cristobal generally leans toward Hotel Rizo that is a pretty big vote of confidence. @Cristobal, any way to quantify just how much noisier you are talking about?
  • Warrior15
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    I have never had that problem at all. In fact, last time I went my VIP card had expired. He let me go downstairs and buy another so I could get the discount.
  • Cristobal
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    @623 To me it is a big difference, I rarely sleep well at Cascadas but usually sleep well at Rizos. The big difference is the music from HK can be heard (and even felt) through out Cascadas even in the upper levels, though there are rooms on 7th floor towards the rear of the hotel which were quiet enough for me to sleep. At Rizos, the music from the bar next door is never heard, the majority of noise is from the construction (during the day). Though one caveat, one time at Rizos I was in one of the new suites (room 23) on a Friday night but because the room faces the main street we were kept awake all night until about 5am.
  • mf92802
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    I have found that Master Suite rooms 858 and 758 both to be very quiet when I have been there and I now request these rooms. Additionally, I have found that when I check into a room with a hot tub, I always check to make sure the motor turns on. I have discovered this problem in the past and when you have a girl up there with you there is not much that can be done at that point.
  • Liwet
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    They lost my reservation for the 9th Floor Master Suite on my last visit but I don't know if it was because of my VIP card or not.
  • Jascoi
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    presently there is Construction noise on the sixth floor of Cascada where they are expanding the seventh floor Penthouse area over the older part of the hotel. and there's construction noise over the older part of the rizo that really affects the second floor. in both cases the construction seems to start about 7 AM or even might be 8 AM and they haven't been doing any construction at night. Wednesday night in my room the air conditioning at Rizo did not work but it wasn't too bad... but yeah i was a bit on the warm side when I took a girl arriba there...šŸ˜…
  • Jascoi
    ā€¢
    5 years ago
    Monday and Tuesday night I had a room on the third floor of Cascada in the newer area and I still slept like a baby.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion