tuscl

Aftermath of movie "Hustlers"

Interesting article, wonder if it lasts

https://nypost.com/2019/09/21/why-women-…

I'll try to get out there to Queens this week and let you guys know how it is. But something like this might be a nice boon to strip clubs to bring them back up a little bit and maybe tear down the stigma a little more for more girls (hot ones hopefully) to come work there. Probably a temporary thing but who knows. Not for nothing I met a stripper today who turned down a small role in the film. She said she didn't like the script or content. Probably SS all day but I'm just gonna go ahead a believe it.

21 comments

• chessmaster
    5 years ago
    Yeah its cuz they think its gonna be just like the movie and they're all Jlo. Lol. They are so rong. LMAO! 🤣
  • maskedhero04
    5 years ago
    I wish someone would TOFTT and see this shit and write cliffs.

There's some hot women tho, J Lo in anything is worth the slow motion gifs...
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    Has anyone actually seen the movie?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    This movie will be forgotten in a few months.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    I am not sure what is worse:

The movie itself or PLs going to see it?

PLs please save your money and go to a strip club instead.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Hm, I had noticed an uptick in dancers asking about NYC clubs in the past couple of months. I wonder if that kind of nonsense is already a thing.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    It was worth the $5.35, but that's about all. I think a couple TUSCLers have seen it: I know Warrior had a post.

As far as Cliff's Notes...girls work at upscale club and everything is until 2008, when the financial crisis forces them to go their separate ways. The girls return in 2010 and concoct a scheme with club employees. Your movie-type pattern of highs, lows, and eventual resolution ensues.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    The thing is I won’t forget about fucking a baby stripper wanna be JLo
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I haven't been in a movie theater since 1989. If this movie makes it to Netflix I might watch it.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    So I decided to go see Hustlers today. I have seen 3 new strippers now that said they saw Hustlers and went and applied. I am super attracted to brand new young baby strippers so maybe I run into these types more than the average TUSCLer? All of these new girls were way above average on attractiveness and gave great lap dances. A pair of them were just "tourists" (just dancing for a few nights to try it out for fun instead of money) and I have always had really fun conversations with "tourists".

The other baby stripper was one of the hottest girls I have ever seen and said she saw hustlers and wanted to be "just like JLo". She had some pretty unrealistic ideas about what normal stripper income was.

Movie review:

The movie is not bad. Has one or two funny moments. Probably not worth paying for, wait till it comes out on video/streaming/torrents.

It was fairly accurate although the strippers depicted were definitely of the scammy/GPS variety. Surprisingly it even directly mentioned the concept of LDKing!

I would not recommend taking a wife/girlfriend if they are uncomfortable at all with the strip club.
  • Estafador
    5 years ago
    The movie was interesting to say the least. I saw it with my girlfriend. They hire and rehire a drug addict in their scheme even after the drug addict got arrested. Keke Palmer was really good and pretty funny. Had your d-boy drug dealer in jail and worked hard to get him out. The ending was the WORST though. If you ever seen New Jack City, j-lo tried to do a stripper version of that when being interrogated by the police. The scene fell flat on its ass "the world is a strip club!" Really? That is so terribly cliche. It's funny to laugh at, but as a man, it wasn't inspiring enough to feel that sense of camaraderie for the girls. Especially with the slap on the wrist punishments.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I get the feeling if it was a guy doing what these girls did he likely wouldn't get the same light-punishment
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    @papi- The movie definitely does a great job pointing out how the cops didn't take anything the male victims said seriously. In the movie and real life eventually a guy got a tape recording on the phone with one of the girls that was incriminating and even then the cops pretty much laughed him off and generally belittled him. On top of that I think there was another whole scene where they pointed out that most guys wouldn't report anything because they were embarrassed to be victimized by women.
  • Lone_Wolf
    5 years ago
    ^ yea much more important things like prosicuting old dudes trying to get a happy ending at an AMP.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Good shit Paul I may have to get in there and get em while there hot then.
  • chessmaster
    5 years ago
    Lone wolf +1
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    There is very little that would attract me to a NYC club. To go out to Queens, it would need to be Graveyard Gloria - the fuck of death. So this movie isn’t in my list of shit to see.

If J Lo is in a stripper movie - I want to see her nude - performing a rusty trombone - or on the receiving end of a donkey punch. This is nothing worth watching.

If the stripper traffic picks up in Queens, it is similar to Saturday Night Fever - where every guido in Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island thought they were John Travolta on the disco dance floor. Fad whores are useless.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I haven't seen the movie and don't plan to - but I don't see how it may be good for the strip-club scene if strippers ripping-off custies is painted as a good-thing and that custies are scum worthy of being ripped-off and not feeling bad about it (if anything they are doing a good/righteous thing).
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    @papi - The movie makes a point to say at multiple points that most strippers were not like that. It also has a few scenes where it shows the main character girl connected with this one guy and felt terrible about the whole thing. Overall it was pretty balanced, I don't see a ton of bad coming from it. Yeah a few baby strippers will get the wrong idea but baby strippers aren't capable of much manipulation anyway.

There was another scene in the movie that was funny from a PL point of view. The main girl quits for a few years because of a pregnancy. She is down on her luck and calls up an old regular to see how he's doing. The guy is now happily married so she apologizes and hangs up. The camera pans down to a notepad with a list of names and she crosses off the last one.
  • maskedhero04
    5 years ago
    The cliffs are great. Dont know if I want this movie to inspire giels to come dance. The strippers in my city are young and dumb enough for me right now. The last thing I want are some "empowered" baby strippers asking for more money.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    I watched Hustlers this weekend on Showtime and it was interesting, not great but not bad, there are worse ways to spend an evening quarantined.

The pluses:

Jennifer Lopez looks great and her performance is very good, her introductory scene working the pole might be the high point of the movie.

The story is decent and keeps you engaged, there are a few comical PL moments in the movie.

Cardi B is a decent supporting character and looks good.

There are a few lessons to be learned: never use your credit card, watch your drink, the dangers of ITC and OTC.

A few of the scenes in the dressing rooms are interesting, with a little bit of a tease.

The negatives:

For a movie about strippers the eye candy is disappointly weak, the lead actress was not attractive or sensual (and I like Asían women), if you were hoping to see a bunch of hot strippers you will not.

The outfits the dancers wore at the club were too conservative, even for an upscale Gentlemen's Club.

The movie is rated R but there is mínimal nudity, the scenes at the club are relatively tame (and lame).

I would not rent this or pay to watch it but if you can watch it for free and enjoy a different type of story, it might not be a waste of time to watch Hustlers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion