tuscl

OT: if you need a little extra cash for clubbing, then maybe get a job at one of

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
The highest-paying company in 2019 pays a median salary of $170,929 — here are 9 other companies that pay the most

In addition to offering exciting perks and benefits, employers today are offering competitive compensation in order to attract top talent.

Using data from its platform, job site Glassdoor compiled a list of the 25 highest-paying companies in 2019. Looking at the salary reviews reported by employees between July 1, 2018, and June 30, 2019, Glassdoor found that tech, consulting and finance companies offer the best salaries to their staff.

Each of the companies in the top 10 ranking have a median employee salary of $148,000 or above. Cybersecurity company Palo Alto Networks, which comes in the top spot, has a median staff salary of $170,929. Those figures, according to Glassdoor, are higher than the average $73,128 base pay that most employees make in the San Francisco Bay area — the location where most of these companies are headquartered.

Take a look below to see which companies will provide you with a hefty paycheck, according to Glassdoor data.

10. Microsoft
Total median compensation: $148,068
Current number of job openings: 9,700

9. Salesforce
Total median compensation: $150,379
Current number of job openings: 1,900

8. Facebook
Total median compensation: $152,962
Current number of job openings: 2,600

7. LinkedIn
Total median compensation: $157,402
Current number of job openings: 283

6. VMware
Total median compensation: $158,063
Current number of job openings: 1,400

5. Google
Total median compensation: $161,254
Current number of job openings: 4,400

4. Gilead Sciences
Total median compensation: $162,210
Current number of job openings: 438

3. Twitter
Total median compensation: $162,852
Current number of job openings: 753

2. Nvidia
Total median compensation: $170,068
Current number of job openings: 581

1. Palo Alto Networks
Total median compensation: $170,929
Current number of job openings: 835

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/18/the-10-h…

24 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ yeah - they likely mostly hire the-cream-of-the-crop
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    man. that kind of money... I wonder if they would hire my old broke ass...

(shit. I’m a little lacking in the education for today’s technology.)
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I wonder if left wing liebral arts schools will show all these job open ings and encourage the people who get useless degrees from them to go to a real college where you can obtain an education that will get you a real job. Then again the world needs more art history; video game; and women's studies graduiates.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    I wonder if I can get any college credit for my participation in women studies...
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    wrong word.
    I should’ve used ‘my research of women studies’... or better yet... maybe there should be ‘my study of women research’...
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    You make me laugh, there are jobs available in construction that approach Five figure salaries after factoring in overtime that will pay you to train for them. And you won’t spend ten or fifteen years paying off student loans, and you’ll likely earn a decent wage in a apprenticeship program
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I need to find a 6-figure-job in the field of strip club research
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Footnote: Average age of electricians in America is 55. Anyone under 30 who works with their hands might consider the field.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ same with plumbers, A/C technicians, riggers, heavy machinery operators the list goes on and on I don’t know of a site within two hundred miles of my office that is fully staffed
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^oh boy look what crawled out from under the rock pile, a single cell organism, you never get tired of getting stomped, do you shit stain ?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^That's you shit stain any time you crawl out from under that rock it's sort of an underline, to how stupid it's possible to be , you make some of the most idiotic, autistic, posters look brilliant, by comparison! lol
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^Yawn, you bore the fuck out of the internet, It really must suck to be you, ya fuckin pussy hahahah
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ There’s nothing that you say that has any basis in any fact you’re just a fictional internet cellar dweller and probably the most miserably unhappy poster on this website you’re an impotent phony stolen ID who hasn’t ever had a pleasant word with anyone, like I said sucks to be you you miserable shitstain I’m done with entertaining you today, bye fagity boring internet troll
  • chimera422
    5 years ago
    Ignore like I have
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    Sure you'll have more cash to club, but in the Bay Area you need more cash for SF clubs and it doesn't matter for the shitty San Jose ones. LOL I guess it could pay for the gas to drive to Sacramento and Reno.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago

The trades are beneath the millennials these days.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I am trading in the shit truck!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^That's laughable, everyone knows, that you are the one being played like a fiddle, the only one that doesn't get that, is you lololol
  • GeneraI
    5 years ago
    As usual VH_Retard is wrong about everything. For every computer programmer, there are even more administrative positions like salesmen, marketing people, hr, hell, they even have their own IT department that supports the guys writing code...which are probably doing it in India for a fraction of the price. You're not paying a programmer 170k, you're paying a salesman 170k, or the programmers boss that doesn't touch code.

Just another reason that we all know that vh_retard is wrong about everything. Wonder what his predictions for the 2020 election are...wrong, that's what they are...wrong.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    One of my daughters just got a new job with a sneaker company - $100,000 in company stock as a signing bonus & $200k annual salary. And to think I started at $1.00 an hour.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Vh when your $20 trick fucks you in the ass, do you squeal like a little girl? Nice job for a cretin like you. Very apropos.
  • DenimChicken
    5 years ago
    These are great numbers for a median but if you really want to see what the top talent gets in tech, start reading the teamblind forums for compensation.

You also can go to levels.fyi

At best, two of these are tier1 companies. Google doesn't blow people away with comp like it used to. Of course there are exceptions - MS/FB/Google are known to have very nice pay for the highest tier Technical Fellow ranks.
  • minnow
    5 years ago
    Does Papi have his resume on file with these 10 companies ? Which company has the most dive black clubs near it's corporate offices ?
  • Estafador
    5 years ago
    Actually, Elon Musk no longer requires a college degree to work for his company(s). Just extremely good knowledge of the position your applying for. The issue lies not with the owner, but the HR reps. They like to place useless requirements despite the owners day by day making it clear that not even they view college as a requirement to work for them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion