tuscl

Bird brains

Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:31 AM
For nearly a week a bird has been flying into the window next to my computer. It reminds me of the strippers (and others) I've known who keep making the same bad decisions over and over again expecting a different result. Why do they do that?

8 comments

• evilcyn
    17 years ago
    LOL@FONDL, it is alot like some of the girls I have worked with over the years... They get drunk, and at the end of everynight, they are crying.. We had one bartender I told her next time she cried when we worked together I was sticking her head in a sink...She never got drunk enough to cry when she worked with me again...
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I guess it's that time of year for the bird brains to fiercely defend their territory from enemy reflections in the windows or whatever. :) I've seen these bird brains at work at several places over the years. Fortunately I haven't seen a bird go at my windows that fiercely. Maybe my windows are too dirty. Of course I have other bird problems. I have a bird that acts like it owns my house, my mailbox, my trash can, and everything else in the yard. I haven't seen it the last couple of days. It might be marking territory at the neighbors house now.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein Not sure what this says about birds or some people who make bad life decisions. One thing I am sure of is that this sort of behavior certainly isn't relegated to dancers.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I thought that quote was from Ben Franklin. The web suggests so ... [view link] ... but lordie knows the internet has been wrong before.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I've always thought that made a better definition of stupidity or not using your brain, which I suppose insanity can lead one to do. Those birds are either too stupid to learn or too insane with curiosity about what's on FONDL's computer to use their birdbrains. I associate it with stripper types who keep falling for loser boyfriends who beat them. Or with dudes like me who keep falling for loser stripper types.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I've seen that quote many times but have never seen it attributed to anyone. And I think it does describe a lot of strippers. I would call it immaturity rather than insanity. But "bird brain" certainly fits too. And I too would guess that the bird thinks it is defending its territory from another male but I don't really know. Or care.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    My former ATF was explaning to me how bird brained her best friend was (also a dancer). I responed with "Then I guess that it is a good thing that she has nice tits" Her response "Yes". It goes both ways. One of the reasons that I fell for my first ATF was because she was very intelligent. I know another dancer that is an occasional dancer at the club who has tenure at the University of South Carolina. She teaches theatre and public speaking. On the other end, I know a dancer whose stage name is Trouble. She wrote her name and cell number on a napkin so that we could meet OTC for paid sex and we did. She spelled her name Trubble. I have seen birds kill themselves diving into windows. Male deer, during mating season will also do it but don't kill themselves. Instead, they trash your house. Young children will try to run through a sliding glass door. If you have either, put decals on the door at their eye level.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I tried to walk through a sliding glass door the first time I got drunk at a high school kegger. I fell over and everyone thought it was a riot. Then I tried to walk through it again five minutes later.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion