tuscl

Attackers kill 26 in Mexico strip club.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
This could never happen in Tijuana, could it?

https://news.yahoo.com/25-killed-attacke…

16 comments

• londonguy
    5 years ago
    I think its probably more likely to happen in a U.S. city SC ?
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    More likely to occur in US Walmart
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Mexico has a rep for being corrupt AF.

One more reason the US should stop their counterproductive war-on-drugs and legalize them - one would assume it would pretty-much eliminate these huge drug-cartels (analogous to when alcohol was made illegal during Prohibition giving rise to large violent gangs that wanted to dominate the alcohol black-market).
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ a very good point!

SJG

White Girl
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e4KTTyF…
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Might slow them down but they would still extort and traffick people and drugs they aren't going to just stop making money, and even if everything is legal people still use the black market, those cartels aren't going to just disappear if you legalize all drugs.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    It could happen in TJ, in fact TJ has a very high murder rate but because of the money involved the carteles who control the Zona Notre make sure it is relatively safe for the tourism dollars to continue flowing.

In the Zona Notre there is a usually police and military personnel maintaining a sembelence of control.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... Might slow them down but ..."

There will always be organized crime but it seems drug-trafficking makes it more violent for w/e reason - I would think if illegal drugs were taken out-of-the-equation that there would be less violence although there would still be other types of crimes
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Based on videos I've seen and stuff I've read here, Hong Kong is just waiting for its John Wick gun battle scene.

And none of us work for the High Table...
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Strip Clubs Yes!

Walmarts No!

SJG

• Muddy
    5 years ago
    Damn that isn’t the first time in Mexico either. That Juarez one a few years back too shit.
  • AnonymousJim
    5 years ago
    This sounds like the plot of "From Dusk 'Til Dawn."

Mmm ... Santanico Pandemonium ...
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    The one time I went to Mexico (not TJ) I went to Nuevo Laredo. Couldn't wait to get out of there. SHADY as all get out!
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Papi,

And who is going to pay the coat of the damage caused by drug use? A voluntary force? I think not, and you know exactly who!
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Damn spell check! COST!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    @clubber

Seems people are gonna use whether it's legal or illegal - I doubt it being legal would increase use; actually one can argue it being illegal may somehow increase use as it being kinda a forbidden-fruit or a rebellious kinda thing - i.e. the cost of users will be there whether legal or illegal and one can def argue the $$$ saved from fighting the war-on-drugs can best be served for treatment which is needed whether drugs are legal or illegal.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion