tuscl

Women of color

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Since when is white not a color?

23 comments

• doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Actually, scientifically speaking, the color white is a combination of the entire color spectrum. So white women have the most color of all.
  • SirLapdancealot
    5 years ago
    Yep and by the same science technically black is not a color. It's the absence of it.
  • prevert
    5 years ago
    It depends on whether you’re talking about light, or pigment. For light white is all colors and black is none. For pigment, it’s the exact opposite.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    "Colored" has traditionally been used to mean people other than whites. For example, "colored people", "colored folk", "people of color." White people enslaved colored people and even after the Civil War denied them equal rights and equal education.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    "It depends on whether you’re talking about light, or pigment. For light white is all colors and black is none. For pigment, it’s the exact opposite." It's still really the same thing. Color is what is perceived by the viewer. White skin reflects back the entire color spectrum, or most of it, while black/dark skin absorbs most of it.
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    As a guy in a New Orleans bar once said to me: It's all pink on the inside.
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    What a dumb fucking post.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    I think Jackslash's answer pretty much sums it up.

"Colored" has historically described people with ethnicities other than European. Obviously. This is not rocket science.

I agree though, that this was a dumb post. Dumber than I thought a post called "women of color" was going to be before I opened it. Disappointingly so, I thought by the title that the topic would have been a lot more interesting.
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    ^^You must have known it was going to be an exercise in idiocy just from reading the name of the 80-year-old diaper-wearing racist that authored it.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    They are ALL women, plain and simple. That, and every one is unique, so take your pick!
  • whodey
    5 years ago
    Sinclair said it right, pink is the only color that should matter to a PL. Just like green is the only color that matters to a dancer.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    “You must have known it was going to be an exercise in idiocy just from reading the name of the 80-year-old diaper-wearing racist that authored it.”

Well that was pretty unfair. Since when has SC ever said anything even remotely racist?
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    doc, have you not heard??? racist is just another term for white person...... white, cracker, honkey, saltine, racist, bigot......
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    Thank you, whodey and sinclair.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    On board with Jackslash.

And yeah... pretty dumb.
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    My penis is color blind. And dancers only see green.
  • Estafador
    5 years ago
    Well that's because, SCIENTIFICALLY speaking, white AND black arent colors. They are most extremely stark shades of a color polor opposite of one another.
  • Estafador
    5 years ago
    There was a poem about how white people should consider themselves coloured because they turn different colors depending on their mood. Like embarrassment or sickness. While black people stay black no matter how they feel. I'm trying to find that poem because it was really good and points out ignorance in colourism
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Calling people racist in here is nothing more than an admission that the person name calling is a fucktard. Never has a word become meaningless so fast.
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Esrafador, I know exactly what you're talking about. I remember reading that poem when I was younger. I remembered the last line so I was able to find it. It's attributed to Oglala Lakota:

"When I'm born I'm black, when I grow up I'm black, when I'm in the sun I'm black, when I'm sick I'm black, when I die I'm black, and you... when you're born you're pink, when you grow up you're white, when you're cold you're blue, when you're sick you're blue, when you die you're green and you dare call me colored."
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    ^Estafador*
  • Estafador
    5 years ago
    @NinaBambina yes that. Than you. That poem fits well here
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion