tuscl

Reviews... TJ versus US

Call.Me.Ishmael
Rhode Island
American dude reviewing an American club:

"Boobies gud. Dances cost muney. Booze."

American dude reviewing an Tijuana club:

"In volume 1 of this 20 volume compendium, I shall provide a detailed accounting of the air quality, pollen counts, cloud cover, and other environmental factors impacting travel and adult commerce in the Tijuana district known colloquially as 'Zona Norte'..."

17 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Yes, I know I'm exaggerating. But it's hilarious how reviewers in TJ turn into Tolstoy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    IDK if it's a certified-moron or someone thinking they can still game the old review system
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    @Papi those aren't actual reviews that CMI is referencing. He just used a exaggerated yet funny example of reviews of US clubs vs TJ clubs. Folks do seem to write Papi esque reviews whenever they hit up HK. Yet a ton of reviews of US clubs get flagged by Clubber for only having 6 lines of text. You hardly ever see TJ reviews get the downvote from Clubber for length.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Ahh - ok - the OP was kinda short on details so I didn't catch the point
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I haven't seen any American club reviews quite so bad, but there have been some contenders.

But this post isn't about short, shitty reviews (we've covered that ground...), so much as it's about how many Conde Nast travel writers like Mexican brothels, apparently.
  • churros
    5 years ago
    It all started with that Pizza guy writing his series of short stories
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    TJ clubs are kinda a different animal and most SCers don't visit too-often so perhaps they take a more detailed/in-depth approach to TJ review-writing since it's not like going to the neighborhood titty-bar 30-minutes away
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    One of my first reads were @TFP's review of Paradise GC and Tropical Leí which are great, detailed reviews.

Yes, TJ is fun to write about but there are plenty of great reads for US SCs too.

That reminds me I have an epic novel review for a one night stay at Adelita's Bar on TJ.

• Clubber
    5 years ago
    TFP,

Per founder a review should:

"...be at least 4 solid paragraphs, with 4-7 sentences each."
  • Harderlap
    5 years ago
    Founders guidelines have changed over the years; Per Founder, < https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=… >, a review should be :

“Your review should be at least 2 solid paragraphs, with 7-10 sentences each. The first paragraph should describe the club, the second should describe the dancers. You should also summarize with one sentence saying whether or not you would return to the club. ”

There is some overlap in those two numbers. It is interesting to see who commented on that post from 2012, among others, Clubber supported it and Minnow supported it in principle.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    I write the long TJ reviews because each visit spans a couple days and a lot can happen in one small session. My next visit is going to be 2 days and 2 nights; it's going to be the equivalent of 4 strip club sessions: Monday night, Tuesday morning/afternoon, Tuesday night, and Wednesday morning.

When it's only $10 for a dirtiest lap dance you've ever had in a strip club (after buying her a fischa), you're going to want to write about it. When you do find the girl to take arriba, you're going to want to detail what you did in the club, what happened when you got up to the room (and maybe what she was doing to you in the elevator), and all the details about what happened when you get naked with her and the price you had to pay for it.

I myself was apprehensive about crossing the border and having to deal with all the travel plans just to get there just so I could take 4 visits to this strip club. Seeing all the minor little details eased my anxiety over all the things that I thought would put me off from taking the trip. Though it's not that big of a deal to prepare for, there are a lot of extra things you do need to plan for compared to driving 10 minutes to a local club.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Trust me, I'm not throwing shade. I wish more reviews were even half as detailed.
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    Based on my experiences, it's simple:
    I just had a hell of a lot more to report from my trips to Club Hong Kong, having spent more time there and having had much more fun than any excursion to a U.S. club, where (when I used to go), I'd spend maybe 1-2 hours.
    That results in longer reviews of TJ.
    I imagine it's the same for others.
  • rogertex
    5 years ago
    ^agree
    5 trips to arriba, 3 nude shower shows, 2 couch makeouts, between countless stripper handshakes and ass grabs.

That's a year's worth of US strip club action. In one day.
    Poet is bound to come out at some point.
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    ^^T.S. Eliot could write a book about this place.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Officially the first T.S. Eliot reference on TUSCL...
  • chimera422
    5 years ago
    But not the last.....
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion