tuscl

Help Me Decide Which Is The Best Dive Restroom

doctorevil
Evil Lair
Any good dive club must have a suitable divey restroom. And when I say “suitable,” for a dive club, that means filthy and disgusting. On my recent trip to Columbus, Georgia, I found some good examples of dive restrooms at the Gold Club and the Carousel Lounge. Since restrooms seem to be a source of endless fascination for the membership here, I wanted to share my discoveries. In fact, I want to solicit the help of my fellow TUSCLers in deciding which one is the best example of a dive restroom.

Gold Club: https://www.tuscl.net/photo.php?id=2109

What really struck me about this one is the jury-rigged repair to the toilet. The porcelain tank top must have been broken some time ago. Instead of purchasing a new top, or heaven forbid, a new toilet, someone fashioned a new top out of a piece of wood. Some care obviously went into making this top as a router was used to bevel the edges. The top is showing it’s age by the numerous cigarette burn marks on the wood. Nice additional touches are the 5-gallon bucket to catch water dripping from the sink, and the bone-dry bar of soap on the sink.

Carousel Lounge: https://www.tuscl.net/photo.php?id=2110

Nothing particularly unusual about this dive restroom, although the vanity door hanging from one hinge and the empty paper towel holder are nice touches. What potentially puts it ahead of the Gold Club on the dive scale is the strong stench of stale urine that hits you in face like a physical object as soon as you open the door.

Which one do you think is the better dive restroom, Gold Club or Carousel Lounge?

Or share your story of your best all time dive restroom. My all time favorite was at a club in Korea, late 80s, near the DMZ. It was a small room about the size of a closet with a concrete floor. The urinal was a small channel formed in the concrete floor that ran to a hole in the wall. I’m pretty sure the urine just dumped outside into the street.

14 comments

• Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Where are the condom dispensers ?
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    OMG that is some funny shit!!!!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    You should note which side of the parking lot has a sort of private area where you can take a leak
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I’m dying rn good thread doc
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Carousel for the "win"!

That teak cover on the toilet tank is just too classy and well executed and takes the Gold Club out of contention...😉
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I like the gold club. The sink is right next to the shitter. You can wash your hands and shit at the same time. Thos saves time and you can get back to the lot lizards with the big flapper hack tiddys in record time
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    I am going to destroy those shitters!
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    Funny how I destroyed a airplane shitter yesterday!
  • BrotherFogHorn
    5 years ago
    Bless doctorevil for he had found the source of the foghorns.
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    Shit, doc, those two don't even come close. If Bottoms Up was still open, I'd see if I could get one of the girls to take a pic of the ladies "restroom". It's actually a corner of the dressing room with a half wall around it with a stool and a sink. Both filthy.

Then there's Fantasy's Island. Most days it looks and smells like an outhouse. Some days it's worse. And if the door should happen to be having a good day and be shut-able, it gets even worse. If I ever get back over there, I'll take a pic.
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    You don't have to.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Bring on the pics!
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    We got to see what we are dealing with here
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    Man, you are temoti g me to come to the east coast and destroy some shitters. Haha
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion