tuscl

Places to eat in Zona Norte

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
I love the street tacos in Zona Norte. But if I'm there for 3 days, I don't want to eat tacos every meal. I like Azul in Cascadas and the menu there is fairly diverse. There used to be a small restaurant on Calle Coahuila near the entrance to Adelitas but that has closed.

So where are other good places to eat in Zona Norte ? Provided I don't want to walk TOO far.

15 comments

• Cristobal
    5 years ago
    Across the street from Adelita's is Sonora Grille, open 24 hours, with decent Mexican dishes at good prices.
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    La perlas
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    Tons of good places to eat dont eat at azuls any more. Chicabow and international sex guide tijuana has forums dedicated to food. To much good in tj.
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    Love the profile pics, Cristobal and Countryman! That looks like something I could eat in zona norte.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @codemonkey

The beauty on my profile is from Garden Grove, California, unfortunately I did not eat her.

I met the BG on the right of Countryman's profile while visiting HK and she is a looker, unfortunately, she was at the end of her shift and no Interest in a ficha (or arriba).
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    If you don't mind the walk, try Caesars.
  • OldGringo
    5 years ago
    I live in TJ and wrote up a brief review of some of my favorite places to eat in this thread:

https://www.tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=…

However, I also highly recommend Uber Eats. There are a ton of TJ restaurants that deliver through Uber Eats and the delivery fee is only about 25 to 35 pesos for most restaurants.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Cristobal, I found report online that Sonora Grille has closed. When did you go there last ?

OldGringo, nice ideas in that other thread. But most of the look to be a cab ride away. If I take a taxi to one of these, are the wait staff at the restaurants going to be able to speak english ? And I assume I'll be able to find a taxi to take me back to Zona Norte ?

• OldGringo
    5 years ago
    Sonora Grille closed, but Monte Carlo moved across the street and operates in the same space that Sonora Grille was in. Essentially it's the same restaurant.

Ticuan, which I recommended, is walkable. A little bit of a walk, but walkable. They have English speaking waiters there. Miguel works almost every day as a waitet and speaks perfect English.

Yes, the others will be a taxi or Uber ride away. Most have someone who speaks English, but no guarantees.

If you walk up Revolucion, you'll find many restaurants nearby in centro, just out of Zona Norte.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    @warrior15

This past Monday (July 29, 2019) around 9am.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    My suggestion was based on Warrior not wanting to walk too much, he saves his energy for threesomes.

There are lots of decent, cheap places to eat up Revelution Avenue (10-15 walk).

All the places I ate at the staff knows passable English and they accept US dollars.
  • OldGringo
    5 years ago
    Monte Carlo is still using the Sonora awnings out front, so it's easy to spot. They have a temporary sign and a permanent sign above it with the new name. The food is okay. The chicas seem to like it. Traditional Mexican food. I'm not a huge fan of it, but they have good chips and salsa and I like their baked potatoes, but without the carne asada. The carne asada is not the best quality. Overall a decent option that is close though.
  • TJ Lee
    5 years ago
    Walking is a good exercise for the next sexssion. But Warrior is afraid of the danger in TJ. There're plenty if taxis to take you back to the zona. But some taxis kidnap people also.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    On Sunday mi amiga and I ate dinner at a sports bar in the Zona Río which is about a 10 minute taxi ride from the Zona Norte.

We walked about half a mile (or more) before she flagged down a cab.
  • Garfield84
    5 years ago
    Ceasars is really good. I took a cab there for lunch. F*ck a walk. The lamb chops and Caesar salad was amazing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion