tuscl

ID Scans At Clubs/ Update on Denver Louisville Slugger

crazyjoe
Colorado
Sunday, June 16, 2019 5:44 PM
This is a spin off from my previous thread. It involved the same visit to the club but I felt it deserved its own thread. Clubs that scan your ID. It has been mentioned on here that most people asking about their ID’s being scanned are told that the info is deleted from the system daily. Now I am not so sure after this conversation with a dancer… I am talking with the dancer I mentioned in the previous thread about the Baseball bat wielding guy at the Pt’s Show Club on Evans in Denver because she works at that club also. I ask her about that incident. She knew the dancer that was beat with the bat at first. The guy came into the club and entered the women’s restroom and started beating one dancer in there. I guess this dancer had bad enough head injuries that she will never be the same again, and will be unable to dance again. Very sad. Another dancer tried to intervene and the guy started beating her. She quickly played dead and he stopped hitting her. Then when a manager tried to intervene he was hit in the arm while blocking the bat and broke his arm. The fourth person who was attacked was a pedestrian in front of the club who was walking by and tried to help. He was the one who was killed. When the cops showed up the assailant was telling the cops to shoot him and he wanted to die. That is an update on that Denver incident. However, during this conversation, the dancer I know told me that they looked this guy wielding the bat up in the data base and he was not there. He had never been to a strip club. I asked about the database? They do scan ID’s at most clubs in Denver. She told me that this scan goes into a national database and is saved. These can be accessed when an incident happens at a club. It will also let the club know if the patron has been kicked out or banned form any other club on the database, and will tell why they were kicked out. The club can then decide weather or not to allow entry. It also is supposed to detect fake ID’s.

18 comments

• RandomMember
    5 years ago
    Thanks for the update. I guess they don't bother scanning your ID if you show up with a baseball bat. My understanding is that this was not a 2AMer but on a Sunday afternoon. I don't mind ID scanning and it may help protect everyone
  • Spillthebeans
    5 years ago
    I have a rule regarding ID scans. You want mine, then give me yours first. That way it protects both of us from illegal activity. I do this at hotels, clubs and any other places wanting to get a copy of my ID.
  • SergeD
    5 years ago
    @Spill what do you mean? When you check into a hotel you ask for the desk person’s ID first? Check in for a flight and do the same? And then you make a copy of it? Obviously that’s not possible so you must mean something else.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    No strip club scans my identification. Deal breaker every time.
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    I feel the same way. Total deal breaker. I can't trust Targets data security, so I'm going to trust a strip club? I feel that is a vital piece of info that should be included in the club listings and in every review of a visit where it happens.
  • 4got2wipe
    5 years ago
    Brilliant question SergeD. But I do think it Spillthebeans means that he scans a lot of hotel clerk IDs. And it works. It turns out that demanding to scan the desk person’s ID will consistently get you an upgrade to a beautiful suite in the alley behind the hotel. The suite is detached from the actual hotel but it has delightful smells and free food (albeit partially eaten food). All you have to do is vacate the suite when the big truck removes a day’s worth of food. The best part: this beautiful suite is free! ;)
  • northwest101215
    5 years ago
    Yes, ID scan info should be in every review. I'm more interested in that than whether the cover is $5 or $15. Having experienced ID theft, it's a non-starter for going to a club.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    Don't come to Denver then because all of the clubs are scanning as far as I know. Dispensaries, too -- although that's not my thing. My calculations show there's a 1 in 100,000 chance that some drug-addled stripper will get into the scanned data and hunt you down with a frying pan. So beware.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    For me ID scanning is a complete nonstarter, but I rarely hit a strip club when I travel so .............
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    I think it's outrageous, but it's also the case that if all SCs adopted it and I didn't have a choice, I'd probably just deal rather than stop SCing, although I'm at a point in my life where I don't have huge downside risks here anyway. I do most of my SCing during the day, and luckily, it's not even an issue. It does become an issue at night, which is when most of the clubs switch to ID scanning; I only SC rarely at night, but when I do, I strongly bias towards clubs that don't ID scan.
  • northwest101215
    5 years ago
    Interesting, it's more common at night? I can understand why a club would perceive fewer "risks" during the day but seems like it wouldn't be any more difficult to scan during the day. Or is it a local legal thing?
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    ^^^ they may have scanned it and it dod not show anything previous to that in the database
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    -->"Interesting, it's more common at night? I can understand why a club would perceive fewer "risks" during the day but seems like it wouldn't be any more difficult to scan during the day. Or is it a local legal thing?" I'm speaking only about my particular area, could be different elsewhere. Yes, there are clubs here that don't scan during the day, but do scan at night. All I can do is guess: - There are few problems during the day, so why even bother if there's no problem to be solved? Especially if you know your customers hate it -- and most assuredly, the clubs know we hate it -- there better be a good business purpose that makes it worth doing. - Dayshift runs for more on regulars and return customers, than the typical nightshift which is often full of guys who will never be seen again... at least until their wives are out of town visiting their sisters in November, - Dayshift around here is already incredibly slow. Doing yet another thing to make it even worse may not make sense. As a counterbalance to the last point, the one dayshift club that does ID scanning, is also one of the slowest and deadest. You'd think they'd be the ones who would be MOST likely not to want to introduce ID scanning.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    More often than not the rowdy custies are at night - many clubs are slow on dayshift w/ a good portion of custies being older guys - some clubs I know have a patdown on nightshift but not on dayshift - in most clubs there are multiple differences b/w dayshift and nightshift often making it seem like two different clubs altogether.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I've been to a few clubs that do it and I don't like it. It's becoming more common in the northeast, though far from universal. Pumps in Brooklyn, Mystique in Bridgeport CT and Hollywood in Southington CT scan IDs. So does Lust in Martinsburg WV. They all seem to be on the same system, with a slot to deposit the ID down into and a green light showing that it is good. It's not necessarily enough to get me to never visit a club again, but it makes the club a lot more borderline for me and if I have other good options close by, then I'll avoid. Though I've seen guys walk away when they saw that a club was scanning IDs, which is consistent with how some guys feel here. It happened with a guy walking behind me when I was entering Hollywood - he saw the bouncer scanning my ID, said "fuck that" and turned right around.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    One good thing about the id scan is that if you reenter the club later in the day they can check and make sure you were there and not get charged again for cover
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    Been about a year since I got my fake id and it has been working flawlessly including all scans: [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    It might be that the insurance companies want the scans. It probably increases the safety. It could be that they present themselves to LE as a membership club, and that solves lots of legal problems. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion