tuscl

Founder? Any chance we will see the return of the top 40 lists anytime soon?

Since 1963 ...
Friday, June 7, 2019 3:01 PM
I like to plan my summer forays with clubbing in mind and often used the top lists to identify what areas were getting/giving the most love lately.

It was possible to identify highest mileage areas, best looking dancer concentrations, who was doing a lot of clubbing around the country (by the number of diff clubs reported on) etc.

Anyone else think the lists were useful or at least interesting?

19 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I like data and liked having the lists not only w.r.t. the clubs but also TUSCLers - the rankings weren't perfect but it was interesting to have/see the #s
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    There seems to be a lot of interest for these lists. I would like to see them return.
  • chowder
    5 years ago
    These lists we're invaluable. Especially due to the way the cities are broken out. They aren't really cities, they are areas of town with way too much overlap. I wish we could filter the entire country, or by state, or by city and also filter for all of the other data points ratings are given for. It would make the data base so much more user friendly.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I would like to see discussion/argument/vote off threads to determine these lists. VIP only. Could bring a lot of interest to the discussion boards. Make it fun.
  • FTS
    5 years ago
    I agree. Founder, I've been making comments for several years about statistics. This site is probably sitting on a mountain of data that's just waiting to be analyzed.
  • chowder
    5 years ago
    Yep. Put it behind the VIP wall for sure. It would be a tremendous help for those who travel or would want to if they had enough of a reason to. I am fine with doing my own research and recon but the top 40 list we used to have cut a lot of unnecessary time out.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Yes, I liked them, too.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I liked the top 40 lists.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Papi says he’s thinking about it ;)
  • Darkblue999
    5 years ago
    The criteria to be in top 40 should be described in detail.For example you cannot compare Follies vs Delilahs or Playhouse vs Delilahs

People vote more for Follies and Playhouse Burlignton but not Delilahs because of just extras not because of quality of dancers or quality of dancers.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Those lists were bullshit.

They only served to delegitimize the credibiliy of this site.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ "People vote more for Follies and Playhouse Burlignton but not Delilahs because of just extras not because of quality of dancers or quality of dancers."

Wow, quality of dancers is mucho important to @DarkBlue with no definition of the criteria for what determines the quality of the dancer.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Damn the Russians were plotting to skew the top 40 lists
  • Darkblue999
    5 years ago
    @flag
    I just gave few as examples.Ofcourse one need to define the quality of the dancers.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    We need a top 40 trolls list
  • mjx01
    5 years ago
    The club rating values are HIGHLY influenced by the local competition. IMO it is impossible to compare / rank clubs from different metro areas.

My favorite historical example is Savannah's in Harrisburg PA. At one point in time it made it onto several of the 'Top' list on this site. Granted it is the best option in Harrisburg by a considerable margin, but it's no where near the best of PA and doesn't hold a candle to anything in a city with 'real' monger options.

FWIW, just number or review per unit time seems to be the most reliable metric IMO... or maybe number of review per time per capita.
  • IHearVoices
    5 years ago
    I agree with mjx on everything except SOH being the best club in Harrisburg. Number of recent reviews - say, last 6 months or since some big change in the club - would tell the best story without actually reading the reviews.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    I enjoyed the rankings. The flaws were a feature, not a bug. It gave us something to argue about.
  • Darkblue999
    5 years ago
    @mjx

I agree. After knowing SOH was in top 40 I went to the club. It was big disappointment. Nowhere comparable to clubs in Philly.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion