tuscl

What Does A Stripper Spend Her Money On

Monday, March 26, 2007 4:10 PM
After reading DougS's Topic of "How Much Does A Stripper Make".... I thought it might be interesting to see the responses on this topic question.

30 comments

• Clubber
    17 years ago
    In my experience, those I've known, drugs, cars, or invest.
  • lopaw
    17 years ago
    Don't forget clothes, makeup, and deadbeat boyfriends.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I am sure that we can all come up with some but the one that stands out in my mind is medical costs. Most of them are not covered by any insurance.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    How about: Dancer costumes, shoes, etc. Weed, etc. I like the "deadbeat" boyfriends answer Babysitters Club payouts Alcohol in the club when they can't get a drink bought for them
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    Actually, you could say they buy clothes, which is technically accurate, but it's nothing they'd ever wear outside the club, and they don't spend much time wearing them in the club, either. There's also boobjobs and piercings and tattoos.
  • evilcyn
    17 years ago
    Ok, For me mortgage car payments, and KIDS !!!!!
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    That's my girl! Way to go evilcyn. You are one of a few who actually don't have expenses for the junk stuff like drugs, piercings, tattoos. You look GREAT the way you are. Still planning a trip up north to see you again, just don't know when yet.
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    Evilcyn may not be all that unusual with her spending habits. I think the younger girls, the ones that just dance for a year or so, do spend their money on drugs, clothes, etc... But I have certainly encountered a fair number of older, "professional" dancers that have bought houses on their stripping income. Not bad for a person with (usually) a limited education. One older dancer in Florida told me she had just purchased a home on 5 acres in suburban Tampa. And since she had danced at the Mons for several years, I had no reason to doubt her. And Tampa property is not inexpensive.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I remember meeting one dancer who told me she was a real estate agent. She was only moonlighting as a dancer. I was wondering if she was telling me the truth but then she told me her picture was in the paper or some real estate ads. She could have gotten me to go look at some houses. When I hear a dancer is paying a mortgage or bought a house, I sometimes wonder if she has a significant other to use as the income requirement or if she is reporting enough income and taxes to be accepted for a loan. Thinking about possibly easy mortgage loans, it appears it has been much easier in the last few years, it sounds like several million people got loans or mortgages they shouldn't have. They're all in danger of losing their homes even if they keep their jobs with housing prices dropping and/or adjustable rates skyrocketing mortgage payments by over $1,000 a month. I think the problem is so bad that the state of Ohio is offering a bailout plan with certain restrictions. It's my opinion the people there are trying to help stop a steeper decline in the price of houses. I read somewhere today the average price of housing is expected to drop 7% in 2007. If a dancer or anyone else has an adjustable rate mortgage, it's easy to know where their money is going. I was a bit surprised when I read a few million people are expected to lose their homes. Then I started hearing about the problem in the national news. This problem may not apply to dancers as much as others but I really don't know. a few million people is a lot.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I know a 31 yo married dancer with no kids. They bought their first house a year ago in a suburb of Columbia SC. $175K. She had to claim stripper income of $60K/yr in order to qualify for the loan. Now whe has to pay taxes on it just like the rest of us. She was not real happy about that.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    Of course, it also depends on where the house is. Where my favorite club is is the middle of nowhere and housing is cheap. So when my one favorite told me she bought a house the last time I saw her, I actually believe it. Of course, I myself wouldn't want to buy a house there.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I've met a surprising number of dancers whose main reason for dancing is to pay for college costs. Or maybe I'm just drawn to those girls because I prefer ones who can hold an interesting conversation.
  • parodyman-->
    17 years ago
    What the fuck do you care? Is it any of your business what they spend their money on? Too judgemental a bunch of people here. Sad.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Fondl: "Working their way through college"... yeah, I think we've ALL heard that one. I believe that story less than 5% of the time.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Candy and toys. I refuse to believe that strippers, creatures of pleasure that they are, can be bothered with everyday needs like food, shelter, child support. They blow it all on drugs (candy) or loser boyfriends, tattoos and boob jobs (toys).
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I'm more impressed with dancers who spend their money on a mortgage or something of value. I've met some who seemed to be blowing their money away on drugs or who knows what and then they have to dance away to have enough just to pay their bills. Now for a dancer to suddenly have to go from claiming almost nothing to $60,000 in income, that would be a big tax bite. She might get a large portion of it back with the tax advantages of owning a home and deducting interest but she essentially would be in the same tax situation as a lot of other people. Seems like maybe her husband could have claimed some income to reduce the amount needed.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Just added one more person to my ignore list. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if some dancers have enough extra to actually have investments in stocks and mutual funds but I've never had a two way discussion with a dancer on the topic of investments. That makes me think almost all of the dancers I meet are not saving that much and do not have investments other than perhaps a house. If I knew in college what I know now, I could have a ton of money by now. I guess that's easy to say with hindsight though.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    casualguy: from what I know, He is living on his military retirement income. May still be making payments to ex wives kids. She is his bitch. I think that she knows it, hates it, but doesn't have the guts to do anything about it. Does great lap dances though.....
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    casualguy: from what I know, He is living on his military retirement income. May still be making payments to ex wives kids. She is his bitch. I think that she knows it, hates it, but doesn't have the guts to do anything about it. Does great lap dances though.....
  • grrldancer
    17 years ago
    Ugh...don't you guys have anything better to do than play along with the stereotypes?? Yeah, some strippers blow their money on drugs and clothes and frivilous stuff-so do a lot of stockbrokers. I started dancing after college so most of my income goes towards paying off student loans, savings for a house/Roth IRA and of course taxes. Sure, I like to indulge in the finer things in life when I have the extra money to spend, but I don't need or want $200 purses to be happy. And neither do most of my coworkers ;) PS I would LOVE to get involved in real estate...
  • Daverinstl
    17 years ago
    Credit card bills run up by exboyfriends in her name befor the breakup.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    DougS, au contrare, I've met a lot of dancers who are working their way through college. In fact those are the girls who I'm often drawn to because I enjoy the conversation as much as anything else. And you don't have to talk to them long to find out if it's true or not. Just ask them what they're taking and then have a conversation on the subject. I think what dancers spend their money on is closely related to their age and family situation (just like the rest of us.) The 19 yo single girl with no attachments is going to spend her money a lot differently than the 35 yo with kids. I used to try to convince my ATF and her friends to start investment programs (I even offered to match my ATF) to no avail. Now she wishes she had done so. But how many of us cared about saving and investing when we were 20?
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I've also known a lot of strippers who were going to college. I've known a lot more who at one time may have taken a class or two but weren't seriously attending at the time they were telling customers they were. Or maybe they had a friend who was going, or they had gone by the campus once. Doug may be exaggerating the percentage, but his point is correct. "Working my way through college" is probably the most popular biographical stripper fib out there. I guess they figure PLs feel less guilty about giving large sums of money to a college student.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    In response to grrldancer, I guess this is one of the threads that came back from the dead. With the old format, all threads with no replies in the last 7 days were automatically dropped and disappeared off the discussion board. Answering the question of what do strippers spend money on, I know of one that is probably facing a hefty hotel charge since she is at the beach. Then there are all the tip out fees at the club she is working at. She makes sure to show up on time as well or else there is a $100 late fee charge as I call it for not showing up by a given time. Years ago I never knew some clubs had a scheme where they could charge the dancer a fee if they showed up late.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Wow. $100 late fee? I want to know what club that is, since it's clearly for high-rollers. Must have some hot girls ...
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    BookGuy: The Hip Hugger has a late fee that could certainly add up to big money. There, the girls are fined $1 per minute that they are late. Far from being a club for high rollers, but still one of my fave clubs, and usually in the top 40 nationally.
  • Texas8412
    17 years ago
    Strippers do NOT spend money on boob jobs. And, yeah, club fines are a BIG source of income for a club.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I think an excellent scam would be, to be a plastic surgeon, and offer boob jobs "on spec" and then keep raising the price. Girls could be hooked in to a perpetual "free services" contract, as long as you played it right ...
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I don't think strippers spend their money any differently than do other girls their own age and in similar situations. Strippers are people too. I think some people here tend to forget that.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Hold it, you mean this whole thread hasn't been a joke?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion