tuscl

Suggestions for additional discussion boards.

datinman
Not in Kansas anymore
Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:20 AM
"As time goes on we'll add more discussion boards." ~ Founder Apparently TJ is popular enough to warrant it's own board. While I feel too much fragmentation would be unwieldy, I am curious if there are any ideas on beneficial expansion. Obviously, this is at Founder's discretion, but I can think of two that might be useful. The Parking Lot (already named by SJG) - This is for threads that are so far off topic that they don't really belong in the Front Room. This would be the spot for Bitcoin, historic quotes, law school fantasies, diary entries, race baiting, and about 90% of SJG's recurring posts. Jokes and Humor - this is self explanatory. I am not sure if a Jokes board is truly necessary, but I feel an off topic board would be beneficial. I love that I can now block threads, but I am not wanting to block dozens of threads, just reorganize them so I can chose when I want to read the OT's. Any thoughts about this? Any suggestions for other boards that might develop?

18 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    The split boards aren’t as good as the previous setup my 2 cents
  • law school fantasies Umm its not a fantasy when you're an above average candidate lmao
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ ditto the pot is up to 4 cents.
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    25, I can't say that I disagree, but if the discussion groups is headed in that direction anyways...
  • law school fantasies ^tell that to others but not me. I have only created thread about such a tipic probably 3 times no more than 4 times at best. But apparently others want to initiate discussions and comments about my schooling on a strip club forum? Lmao irrelevant
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    Nicole, no offense intended. Perhaps fantasy seems somewhat derogatory. Sub dream for fantasy and it is an admirable dream. Have you scheduled your LSAT to see if it will become reality?
  • No after I get done packing amd moving out I'm.gonna study for it and since I have a respectable GPA I only need like a B Plus on the lsat to get into a school that will give me a chance [view link] with judges and I only need like a B minus to get into a school that will allow me to become a lawyer at the minimum I habe higher grades than many applicants amd from a better school than many applicants so I'm sorry it isnt even a dream admirable or not lol
  • I have higher grades than many applicants and not only that but also from a better school than many applicants so I'm sorry it isnt even reducible to a dream (admirable or not lol ) ****
  • I have higher grades than many applicants and not only that but also from a better school than many applicants so I'm sorry it isnt even reducible to a dream (admirable or not lol ) ****
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    -->"The Parking Lot (already named by SJG) - This is for threads that are so far off topic that they don't really belong in the Front Room. This would be the spot for Bitcoin, historic quotes, law school fantasies, diary entries, race baiting, and about 90% of SJG's recurring posts." This by itself would make the board much, much more usable and enjoyable. But someone would need to be moving threads into it, since I can't imagine that the small crew of dingbats who create all these off-topic threads, would voluntarily post there instead. No way founder wants to do it. So he'd need to be okay with appointing a mod whose sole role is to move OT threads to the parking lot.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I think *some* splitting may be good - an "OT (Off Topic)" group is a good-idea - the current TJ group also seems like a good-idea since it's kinda a niche and seems to have a fair-amount of interest. I think the Front Room and VIP groups should be merged as in the past w/ the menu-option to only see VIP threads (I think having VIP only threads was overkill to begin with especially now that one can block individual threads) - From Room and VIP threads are pretty-much the same content and why they should not be split IMPLO.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Yeah. If more splitting becomes a thing, then a moderator to at least move threads may become necessary. Off the top of my head possible categories are: LDKing Seeking Arrangements Rate this Woman Club Recommendations for city xyz
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I'll throw in another 2 cents. I don't want to see extra boards. Look at the activity in the TJ board. There has been exactly one thread started since the Room was created. The other threads in there were moved to that Room.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    +1 for one board
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    ++++1 to Off topic board with active moderation to move threads over
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    Jokes and humor have no place on TUSCL. A separate humor board would encourage so-called humorists to make jokes about inappropriate subjects such sexual assault and murder.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    1 board but go after spammers. Their only mission is to distrupt. Fuck them. Why should we have to check 10 boards because them. Fuck that. Limit them or ban them. No reason one should have the ability to post 10 threads in a day.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... ++++1 to Off topic board with active moderation to move threads over ..." Perhaps semi-active would be more-doable - e.g. once 3-TUSCLers have put in the move, then it gets moved (to avoid any one single TUSCLer be a decider)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion