tuscl

Hands free driving.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
It is the law in Georgia. Yesterday a stripper told me that she got ticketed on the way to work for using the GPS function on her cell phone. I've seen the warning signs up all over the place but this is the first time that I've heard of anyone getting ticketed. I think the 1st offense is $25.

17 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Starting June 1 I believe here in Florida texting will become a primary offense, meaning that not only can they write you a summons but now you can be pulled over for that behavior, it’s about time.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    She said she needed to use the GPS function on her way to work? However did any of us get to work prior to having smart phones?
  • Spillthebeans
    5 years ago
    HAHA @Huntsman !!!! Hope she is not my future nurse .
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    @huntsman.... I know that is stupid to use GPS to find your work but.... Many GPS incorporate traffic patterns. I use it almost everywhere I go if it is further than a couple miles and I have lived here almost 50 years. Last week I was headed to a basketball gym and my GPS told me a different way to go, I got there first then everyone else came in bitching about road construction lol.

Now in the whores case, she was probably just too stupid/high to remember how to get to work
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ or she could have been coming to work from some place else unfamiliar to her?
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Yeah, that's when you 1) Program the GPS before you start driving or 2) Pull over and program your GPS. Geez, it's not Rocket Surgery......
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    I got a 4-point ticket for peering down at Google maps while driving. That's a pretty serious ticket and I probably deserved it. Cop assumed I was texting.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Orwell is turning over in his grave.
  • daddyfatsack
    5 years ago
    Good because looking down or away from a road while travelling at a high rate of speed to some is a great idea. Wreck your own car or go kill yourself and leave others out of it
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    In California it's already illegal to have your phone in your hands while driving. You can get a hefty ticket for that.

I witnessed one dumbass get pulled over for it. We were sitting at a stoplight and all of a sudden I see this motorcycle cop ride in between the two lanes of stopped traffic looking in each person's window. When he got to that guy's window he saw the guy on his phone and posted there. The motorist didn't look over for the next ten seconds, too engulfed in his phone. As soon as the light turned green he got behind him and threw on the siren.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    ^I've got a friend that's a motorcycle Cali Highway Patrol. He says in slow traffic he cruises between lanes glancing left and right for cell phone users. Says it's shooting fish in a barrel. I asked him from the time he starts looking until time he nails someone how many cars he passes - he said max ever was 10 and it's usually 4 to 5 cars
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    So how does a bluetoothed phone to the car work out for this?
  • TFP
    5 years ago
    Bluetooth is hands free, so it's fine. In CA at least.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    TFP,

Don't know about Florida, but I used it often in my company vehicle before I retired.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    I agree it’s Dadilac that I use it everywhere. It now also includes notices of speed traps on the highways as reported by users. I do keep it attached to th
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    *the vents though as looking down is asking for trouble.
  • joewebber
    5 years ago
    in GA, you cannot have your hands on the phone. it must be mounted. you can adjust the gps, but you cannot hold it
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion