tuscl

Ot Getting Short Changed

crazyjoe
Colorado
I stopped at a 7 11 today and spend a couple dollars on a snack. I paid cash and the woman short changed me about 50 cents. She even said the amount she gsve me back while handing it to me and not the correct amount. I did not get a good vibe from the lady to begin with. I kind of looked at her to make her wonder if I noticed and she looked away quickly. I did not say anything about it. If she did do it on purpose she probably needed it more than me. I guess if someone did stuff like that all day and they counted the register at the end of the day and pocketed the excess, it could add up...

Would you say anything in somilar circumstances? Or let it go

23 comments

• TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    She might have needed it more than you Joe but if she makes a habit of that it could add up more than her salary. I've also let things like that go but I've also spoken up and told them that they short changed me.
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @Crazyjoe

Since it’s only 50 cents, I will let it go...

But if it’s $1 OR more, I will speak up...
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    I hate carrying loose change on me...

I prefer $1 & up...

Sometimes I purposely leave my change to the cashier when it’s only coins let’s say 20 cents, 30 cents OR 40 cents...
  • Spillthebeans
    5 years ago
    Same as over counting songs by strippers....NOT ACCEPTABLE !!! Earn your keep by doing the work.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Just curious around how old was she?
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    and what did she look like?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I don’t know about you guys but I dump my loose change into a jar every evening when I go to bed, every time I go on vacation I count the change and bring it into the bank to exchange it for dollar bills, there have been times when I’ve ended up with a few thousand dollars. It does add up.
  • 4got2wipe
    5 years ago
    Extract some vengeance crazyjoe!

What you’ve got to do is go back to the 7-11 and use their shitter. Do your worst to that shitter. I’m talking about eating $20 worth of Taco Bell, then chugging $20 worth of bad 7-11 coffee, and waiting until nature bad coffee and bad tacos take their course. Then leave her an upper decker combined with major clogging action.

On the way out you say “I noticed the shitter is in pretty non-brilliant shape, you better clean that up or I’ll call management and complain”.

You’ll be down $40.50 for the tacos, coffee, and original theft. But you’ll be up for some priceless entertainment! ;)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @25
    I did that for a couple years and wrapped the coins over Thannksgiving weekend to have a little XMAS fund.
    Every year it was $300-400. About a buck a day.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    @ Muddy probably 50's

@ MisterWonderful she looked haggared like she had a rough life. Probably lots of drugs

@25 i do the same thing..change does add up
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    @ forgot2wipe... lmfao I will try that
  • Musterd21
    5 years ago
    ^4got,
    So funny!
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    Most of the time I think it works best if I just walk away from a bad experience without saying anything. That’s not always the case but prefer to pick my confrontations as I see them to be worthwhile. She knew you busted her and that’s probably good enough.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    She may have just made a mistake. I would have said something for sure. Related subject: if the charge is an odd amount, say $2.53 and I have some pennies in my pocket, I will use the pennies when I pay to avoid getting more pennies back. With the $2.53 example, I might pay $5.03, so I should get $2.50 back instead of the $2,47 I would have gotten back if I just paid with a $5 bill. It’s amazing how often this completely confuses the cashiers who generally don’t know how to count change without the aid of an electronic cash register.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ yes - sometimes I don't even bother in order to avoid the confusion and I just say never mind and just give her the $5.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Kinda what Huntsman said - depending on the day.depends on whether me "being right" worth it considering the effort to sort it out for the amount in question
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^^ I'm the same way @Papi, but I give her a $20
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    Doctorevil nailed it. It's frightening how many people are employed and unable to something as basic as making change.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    Great comments. Thanks! Change should have been 81 cents and she gave me 31. She could have mistaken the 8 for a 3. I was in a rush and did not make a deal of it
  • orionsmith
    5 years ago
    I had a waitress the other night at a bar and grill try to short change me on they bucket of beer I bought. Apparently she had trouble remembering beer counts and didn't want to bring out an actual bucket to put 5 beers in. She would straws. I had to ask for the beer which was usually brought out one at a time. At one point I asked for a beer. She came over took the empty bottle and a straw. I'm thinking hold on now, she should only take a straw if that's her counting method when she brings a beer. Sure enough she kept the straw and got several other people drinks. Then after 10 minutes brought my beer over and then took the last straw. When I asked for the fifth beer, she said I already had 5. Trying to cheat me. After I spoke up, she suddenly says something about remembering but took another 10 minutes to bring the beer. I didn't care for all that. If she hadn't been hot, probably would have been a lot more upset about it all. Going to avoid going back and have her wait on me though, if I change my mind, not going to order their bucket of beer special.
  • orionsmith
    5 years ago
    She brought straws over instead of a bucket of beer. Too lazy or wanted to save ice and the bucket. Not sure which it was, she was hot and very busy, probably part of the problem. Apparently can't remember counts too well, hence she gives people straws if they order a bucket. Problem comes up if she takes a straw away when taking away an empty bottle instead of dropping it off. I didn't think she did it on purpose but I did wonder. I wasn't happy with the experience.
  • orionsmith
    5 years ago
    Just a year ago I remember I thought I was splurging if I spent two bucks on a McDonald's shake while unemployed so I get upset if I think someone is cheating me. When money is tight, it's hard to forget. When I ate out back then, it was only the one dollar cheap hamburgers, no fries, no shake, and if I wanted potatoes, I could fix some mashed potatoes from potato flakes and water.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    I would dump a load in that gas stations basement
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion