tuscl

Always ask for "anything".

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The third of three dancers from a famous Rhode Island strip club who had been charged with prostitution has been cleared.

The Providence Journal reports that 30-year-old Lindsay Hoffmann was found not guilty by a judge Wednesday of offering sex for money.

The Waterbury, Connecticut woman and two other dancers at the Foxy Lady in Providence were arrested in December. Authorities say the women offered to perform sex acts on undercover officers for cash with the knowledge of club management. Management denied knowledge of illegal activity.

The case came down to the word “anything.” An officer testified that Hoffmann offered to do “anything” for $300, which he thought meant a sexual act. But the judge said “anything” did not necessarily mean something sexual.

The other dancers previously pleaded no contest

13 comments

• skibum609
    5 years ago
    Reasonable doubt rules the day and perception creates an idividual reality for each of. Two embarrassing attacks on strip clubs/amp in Ultra blue providence and Palm Beach.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    I love it when the Law actually works correctly for the citizens.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    She probably ble...er, knew the judge. ;-)
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    I’ve never had a girl offer “anything,” but have been offered “everything” quite often.
  • Tiredtraveler
    5 years ago
    Providence: so pious NOT. The only reason they are still prosecuting now is because several years ago the Pink Palace had a stupid 14-15 year old dancer openly selling her ass. The manager was a buddy of the pimp who kidnapped the girl in MA had badly faked an ID for the girl and the dumbass manager accepted it later admitting he knew it was faked and to taking a cut of her earnings. She was openly offering it to anyone and everyone including the cops. That set off a fire storm because of her age especially since she was the second underage girl caught dancing there.(the other I think was 17 but was not caught soliciting) I was actually in the Palace just (the night before) before the bust. I may have even been propositioned by the girl but I did not seek the favor of any of the dancers that evening(none were appealing). I left and went elsewhere. The self righteous twits in the city have continued the quest to close the only businesses in Providence that bring in any revenue. The industrial districts of the city are ghost towns since the extreme taxes and regulations have driven them out of business or elsewhere.
  • joewebber
    5 years ago
    anything? would you paint my house?
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Copyright, Chris Rock.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Another court in which the good guys win and the police are limited in how they charge someone for a silly fucking misdemeanor.

I hope these keep coming. ;)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    The judge was probably a PL
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    In clubs where extras are allowed, they should teach classes to the girls on how to ask for certain activities. Here is the perfect example on how to ask. Of course, when a dancer says "anything" or "everything" to me , my dirty mind immediately thinks anal.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Right Papi. The judge in the PVD case was secretly a RIL, the judge in the Kraft case was clearly bought off, etc., or...

The police are becoming increasingly brazen in using unsavory tactics to catch people exchanging sex for money, so people are finally standing their ground and turning to the courts to keep the police in check.

I'm gonna have to vote for the second option, but each man will have his own opinion. ;)
  • yahtzee74
    5 years ago
    >anything? would you paint my house?

>Copyright, Chris Rock.

I'm sure that joke is older than he is.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Maybe. I first heard him tell it in the 80’s when he got a 5 minute set on an HBO young comedians special. I laughed my ass off as his delivery was spot on.

“I’ll do anything you want for $300.”
    “Bitch, paint my house.”
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion