tuscl

Bottle Service

samiel
DFW, Texas
Monday, May 13, 2019 7:29 PM
I'm pretty new when it comes to clubs. Since I don't drink alcohol, I have no idea what it means to "get a bottle" as in "a bottle is $250" or "for $500 you get a bottle" kind of thing. Can anyone explain this to me? I understand getting a table and a server, but does this mean just the service or do I actually get to pick a "bottle" of something... and what would I pick?

27 comments

• jackslash
    5 years ago
    Bottle service is simply a rip-off to be avoided.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    In some cases, it is simply part of the VIP. One of my favorite clubs sells 30 min VIP for $150 which include a bottle of champagne on ice. Or you can get 4 dances for $100. The VIP is definitely worth it. They also have a $300 VIP that includes a “better” bottle of champagne. I usually just buy 2 x 30 min VIPs so I get 2 bottles of champagne. I suspect each club has their own style of “bottle service”.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Hm, I notice you like to hang out at Bucks in Ft Worth. If it’s on a Tuesday, it’s definitely pointless. Since the drinks are like $2 lol. Bottle service is typically whatever alcohol and two kinds of mixers as far as I know. I don’t recall what normal drink prices are, but one 750 ml bottle yields about 17 mixed drinks according to google, so I guess you can compare the prices that way to figure out if worth it. In some clubs bottle service also determines what part of the club you can sit in. But since you seem to club during the day so I don’t think it matters that much?
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Bottle service is a sucker play for the "boys night out wooo!" guys, and usually, a terrible deal. Also, I love bottle service :) Typically we only get bottle service if there's a special that makes sense (one of the clubs I go to puts bottles they're closing out on special, so at a pretty low price, we get all the benefits of bottle service) or if someone just wants to be a baller for the night. Last time we had bottle service, we were SCing on a Saturday night (basically, my most hated time); one of the guys had just gotten a huge raise, and surprised us by buying bottle service. What we got was a giant booth in the best part of the club, waaaay more strippers hanging around than we deserved, and so much alcohol that we and the strippers didn't even quite finish it all. Bottle service is pretty fun. Unless you get a good special, it's not practical or smart, but if you have the money to blow and you're SCing with buddies rather than sitting in a dark corner like a mushroom (aka the tuscl special), there's some fun benefits.
  • PaulDrake
    5 years ago
    Samiel if you're going to bucks a lot you should get their membership. Gets you free access to cabanas and vip. Also I would agree with nicespice that bottle service is pointless at bucks since drinks are dirt cheap there. Bottle service is a lot about showing off. Feel free to message me about the membership.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Have never done bottle-service since I rarely club in group - i.e. drinks tend to be expensive in a club so maybe a bottle for a group of let's say 4 or more people, a bottle may make sense - as has been mentioned one often may be allowed to sit in a VIP seating area - I assume those bottles are over-priced and I assume many people that do bottle-service do it trying to be wannabe ballers and make an impression - seems even less practical to do it if you are not a drinker - clubs usually push for bottle-service b/c it makes the club a good chunk of $$$ (and I assume you are expected to tip better) - seems a much-better deal for the club than for the custy - some dancers may also push for bottle-service b/c they wanna get drunk on your dime or they may get some kinda cut from it - i.e. if it's the club or dancers pushing this it's likely good for them and not so good for you.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    It depends on the club. If its a more expensive club, then bottle service can be worth it. A bottle service package usually gets you admission to the club, a bottle of your choice, mixers, your own waitress/hostess for the night. Sometimes snacks and transportation are included.... Its worth it if its like $300 to $400 and the club has like $20 drinks and a $50 cover charge or something. At some clubs, prices vary by bottle and can go upwards of $1000 which is definitely not worth it. I'd limit it at like $500.
  • BGSD3100
    5 years ago
    Isn't bottle service where you pay 500 dollars for something the club owner picked up at Walmart for 10?
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    -->"but does this mean just the service or do I actually get to pick a "bottle" of something... and what would I pick?" Did we ever answer this? Typically, for some set price, you get a bottle(s), table, more responsive service from a bottleservice girl. The prices are tiered, so, maybe $350 buys you the house vodka, $450 buys you Kettle One or Don Julio reposado, $1000 buys you Macallan, etc. You might have several choices at each price range. Papi-->"I assume those bottles are over-priced and I assume many people that do bottle-service do it trying to be wannabe ballers and make an impression" Right, the clubs do bottle service because they make even more money per bottle that way. In strip clubs, I do think that when we order bottle service, we do tend to get more attention from strippers. As I mentioned, last time we got this was a typical wall-to-wall sausagefest Saturday night and 1. we could not have gotten a table without bottle service, we would have had to stand, 2. strippers were all over our table in a way that just doesn't happen without bottle service at usual sausagefest hours (maybe nicespice can confirm, bottle service is expensive and gets the strippers attention, either just to hustle free drinks, or because it represents $$$ spent). And bottle service waitresses do provide better service, even in a strip club. Ironically, on day shift, where you least need bottle service -- because prices are already lower and there's plenty of tables -- is when strip clubs seem to be most likely to have bottle service specials that actually favor bottle service over individual drinks. We always keep an eye out for this and indulge whenever it happens. In hot dance clubs, bottle service makes more sense. But I imagine very few of us are of clubbing age lol
  • samiel
    5 years ago
    Thanks for all the replies! A membership I was offered included a "bottle" and I wasn't sure what that meant. I would only consider personally getting something like that on a busy night where I wanted a space for some friends. I guess it includes a bottle of whatever I'd want plus a table space and a waitress for the night.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    A 750 mL bottle of liquor has a little over 25 ounces in it. In most clubs bottle service is not a particularly good deal when measured against per drink costs, unless of course you are in a clip joint that short pours its drinks.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Any bottle service on 2 liter bottles of coke?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    shadowcat is a baller
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    That's actually something I never thought of.... a discount rate on bottle service if you just want mixers, no alcohol... Like a designated driver special.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    That's actually something I never thought of.... a discount rate on bottle service if you just want mixers, no alcohol... Like a designated driver special.
  • NJBalla
    5 years ago
    Yeah bottle service means you are at a rip off club that makes money off of newbies and bachelor parties. In the good ole NJ Days you could bring a champagne bottle and a six pack to a BYOB club, pay the barmaid 10 dollars and she'd put everything in an ice cooler for you. The dancers would stop by for a few sips and sit on your lap for hours. Those were the days...
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Sounds a lot better than now... night life is a rip off in general these days...the prices are anyways
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    >Any bottle service on 2 liter bottles of coke? It better come unopened; I don't like my soft drinks watered down.
  • bullzeye
    5 years ago
    Never done bottle service but I’ll second/third the observation that guys who do bottle service seem to get hostesses/dancers to spend a lot of time with them. What I wonder, (1) is that included in bottle service (girls HAVE to spend time at the table), (2) is not included but girls CHOOSE to spend time with at the table because the alcohol is there or (3) is not included but girls CHOOSE to spend time because those customers are spending “big” money and the girls are hanging out with the big spenders/fun table? If any dancers want to share their insights, it’d be appreciated.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ I assume it's (2) and (3)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^^ but probably mostly (3)
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Yeah, the waitress comes with the bottle service -- and if I understand things right, among waitresses the bottle service gig is the most desirable one. The strippers do not come with bottle service, but hey, given a bunch of guys who just spent $1000 for 2 bottles of mediocre tequila, they are basically desirable targets. Plus girls will definitely wander in just to get some drinks regardless of whether they get dances.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    If you're in a group, and you add in cover charges and prices for rounds of drinks, bottle service can make sense if its under $500
  • TrollWarnBot_Updated
    5 years ago
    Warning! The following profiles in this thread have been classified as troll profiles. txtittyfag: Malicious/harassment troll profile. IceyLoco: Undercover malicious/harassment troll profile.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    ->“(1) is that included in bottle service (girls HAVE to spend time at the table)” The closest I got to that was a manager walking up to me and saying “these guys just dropped $600 just now”, should go talk to them. Since I was tied up with a profitable customer at the time, I didn’t. And I didn’t receive any negative consequences for that. -> “(2) is not included but girls CHOOSE to spend time with at the table because the alcohol is there” I think that may be the case for some. But I always drive rather than rideshare, so that doesn’t apply to me. I do, however, find it a big plus to be able to just start drinking rather than have to wait on the waitress. It can get frustrating sometimes when I already closed the customer on a few dances, but the drinks haven’t arrived yet. (Sometimes it’s out of her control, but other times it’s absolutely in her control.) ->“3) is not included but girls CHOOSE to spend time because those customers are spending “big” money and the girls are hanging out with the big spenders/fun table?” Yes. The free flowing alcohol and also a collective happy mood, makes for an open wallet. Ideally, I like to appeal to the entire table and then be constantly busy with dances one after the other for the whole table. The con however, is whether you’re dealing with the (usually younger) “I don’t need to go to the strip club to get laid” bravado of guys too cool for dances. But this is also assuming we are dealing with normal rates rather than Tuesday $69 bottle special or something, when nearly every table has a bottle anyways.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    If you're paying bottle service, have your hostess mix your drinks...I wouldn't do it myself for that kind of money.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion