Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:34 AM
Does anyone know?

26 comments

• MackTruck
    5 years ago
    Flagooner has no idea
  • FishHawk
    5 years ago
    He was the main character in a SitCom back in the 70’s I think, called “All in the Familyu”
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    always thought he was kind of anti-meathead.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Now deceased Carroll O’conner
  • Warrenboy75
    5 years ago
    For its time it was funny.......and the irony is that Carroll O Conner was a very liberal guy playing the part of a conservative bigot.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ You just outed flagooner
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    On this site, this could be our "I am Spartacus!" moment...
  • BGSD3100
    5 years ago
    He's the current President of the USA.
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    Lol! Luv the Archie character and Flagooners prop of him
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Archie Bunker is one of two Iconic America Heros for the common man. The other, of course, is Al Bundy.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ You’re forgetting Ralph Kramden
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    Al Bundy and Colin Crappernick..... both sucked at football, both sell shoes now
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ lol. But, Al Is a Hero. That differentiates him.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    @25. Holy shit, how could I forget Ralph?! He was probably Archie’s and Al’s mentor.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    If Archie were still around he would be a Trump supporter --100% guaranteed. What's amusing is that a certain kind of conservative doesn't understand the fact that Archie is intended to satirize a conservative bigot. For example the humor would go over the head of people like @Mark94 and @Clubber.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I think most people understand the satire..... what most liberals do not understand is that they elected Trump
  • lotsoffun201
    5 years ago
    Add Fred Sanford to the mix. Also one of the best characters TV ever produced.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    @BGSD3100 wrote: "He's the current President of the USA." _______________ Maybe you were kidding but how far off is that from reality? Wouldn't it be in character for Archie to compliment the "very fine people" who started the race riots in CHarlottesville? And wouldn't Archie come up with a cartoonish wall idea to keep the Mexicans out because they're all rapists and murderers? Or perhaps these things are so cartoonish that Norman Lear would have avoided putting into the TV series. LOL, we really did elect Archie Bunker as our current president!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    How about the movie Peter Boyle made “Joe” And who remembers Archie being in the silent majority;)
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Maybe I’ll have to watch a few episodes of this show. Flag is awesome. Smash that like button
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ try to find the episode That Sammy Davis Jr. guest starred in you’ll laugh from beginning to end And check out The Honeymooners with Jackie Gleason you’ll enjoy that just as much
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    [view link] SJG Biopower: Why We Don’t Revolt [view link] Alvin Lee – The Bluest Blues [view link]
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    How could none of you mention George Jefferson on this thread? He was the yang to Archie's yin. All in the family was and always will be the single most important show in the history of television. What it did was bring up unomfortable issues and splash them on tv. In fact its even the first tv show to have the sound of a toilet flushing. Maybe none of you remember the show, but the day after people discussed it and by doing so actually discussed real issues. The Sammy Davis Jr epsiode is funny, but not even half as funny as the episode where Edith undergoes the "change". I don't want to go to disney world, I want to go to Scranton. The single best line is when Archie is locked in a basement; gets drunk; believes God is coming for him (black working man actually) and Archie says: "forgive me Lord, the Jeffersons was right."
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^?Of course we remember George Jefferson, but the thread was going in the direction of who is “Everyman” George was supposed to be the example of a black man done good to counter the stereotypes that were common to those times
  • Warrenboy75
    5 years ago
    My favorite clip is the one I linked to the board.....his ideas on gun control....especially taking the inside of an airplane and making it the wild wild west.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion