tuscl

Three Year Old Review

doctorevil
Evil Lair
I just rejected a review that started out like this:

“was on weekend visit in Chattanooga back in summer 2016 when i stopped here”

WTF? A review from a visit three years ago? At least he was honest. If he had just left that part out I probably would have approved it. In my view, if you don’t post your review within a week, two at the very most, you shouldn’t bother.

21 comments

• Icey
    5 years ago
    Would you have approved it had he not stated that? STill would have been the same out of date review.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Doc I gotta disagree here. Although that is a long time I’d like to here to what he has to say on it. Doesn’t cost me anything. I’d like to see the rest of the review but if it was solid why not. Not all my reviews are immediate either although not that old.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    It would have been a useless review. The odds are that the place would have 100% turnover in employment, and possible even a remodel or maybe too much wear and tear. It just makes no sense to post, so good call on the rejection.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Most of time you don’t know. Reviewers usually just say they went on a Tues, Fri, Sat, etc, if they say anything at all beyond what is required by the drop down menus. They don’t say what month or year usually. So if it’s an otherwise acceptable review, who is to know. But when you say the visit is from 3 years ago, too much can change. Dancers move on, managers move on, ownership could change, prices change, the club could even be closed. I guess I can see the argument that more info is always better and this one did clearly disclose it was a stale review, but three years?
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    I don’t know Doc maybe I’m different. I like to see how shits kind of changed over the years anyway. What kind state is the club in. The history and all that. Too me if it had interesting stuff in a club in my area, I would like to read it. That’s just me though.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I agree with Doc and I voted no on the review also
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I agree. Reject it. Details get real fuzzy on anything more than 6 months ago. If I do a Review, it's within a couple weeks of going to that club.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Reject it like a fugly stripper
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    The irony of this thread is I know Rick would love chime in here lol.
  • Cristobal
    5 years ago
    What's next, reviews from the Hollywood Tropicana Oil Wrestling Club from 1995?
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    But it’s all fiction anyway, right?
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Right, it's all fiction, that doesn't mean TUSCL has to get in to period drama. What's next? future reviews from 2053?
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Review Nazis
  • RTP
    5 years ago
    I would reject an old review also. I cannot remember details after a week, certainly not after a few years. Might as well just make them up, which is what I think we are against?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    A 3 y/o review is not worthy of VIP (which I assume is the reason he wrote it) - useless being that old and seems like just a VIP grab - for me anything up to a month old is srill viable but anything more then seems you're writing just to get VIP (shouldn't take that long ro write a review)
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I pointed out in a recent discussion that too many reviews don't give your a specific date as to when you wee there. It was argued that, that could give too much personal information about the reviewer. Some one could been there at the same time including dancers that could put 2 and 2 together.

I'm not worried about it, So I always include the date I was there.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Only reviews I dislike are ones for closed clubs and ones that mention names
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    What if he wrote the review within a week of his visit but sat on it for a long time before posting?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Fish and guests stink after a few days
  • Member6532
    5 years ago
    Old review for VIP is still better than completely fake reviews I see here sometimes. I would reject it as well but the fake reviews annoy me alot more.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I don't get why anyone doesn't check if a club is closed or not before approving a review.... way too many for closed clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion