tuscl

It’s Chicago

mark94
Arizona
All charges dropped against Jussie Smollet. Case files sealed.

In separate news, large cash deposits made around town.

17 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    It was a stupid stunt but I don't think he should serve hard-time for it nor lose his entire career.

He should pay a fine and maybe probation, and his reputation has already taken a big hit.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    I disagree he should be charged the same as they would charge someone for a hate crime.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    If they did find two white guys and charged them for his fake hate crime, do you think he would step up and say no it wasn't them, not a chance he would push for them to get the maximum penalty.

Stop letting people get away with shit like this.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ you do know our President Trump actually led a charge against a group of black kids that were accused of rape because of him they actually were convicted eventually years later DNA evidence exonerated them and they were released, yet Trump continued to insist they were guilty, so yeah there is some precedence for this type of stuff.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    So he faked a hate crime, but its cool because other bad things have happened?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^Hell no I didn’t say it was cool just the opposite
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    I'm with IME on this.

The police spent countless man hours and resources trying to track down his fake attackers.
    The leftist fake news networks grabbed that story and ran with it for weeks further inciting racial tensions that were already elevated over his initial story.
    He was caught lying about the whole thing and all of a sudden all is forgiven.
    That jerk made up his story for publicity and to increase his earnings and it looks like he succeeded. He will get his job back and will probably make more $ selling book and movie rights and getting paid for a speaking tour or some similar BS.

The only thing that can possibly derail it is possible FBI charges that will probably never happen.

Only in America, what a country!
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @IME
    This was the prosecutor and the court throwing the mayor and the police department under the bus was actually point.
  • founder
    5 years ago
    Lol @ "throwing the mayor" under the bus.

Pretty sure Rahm is driving said bus.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Background from a few days ago

Kim Foxx, the Cook County State’s Attorney, tried to convince Chicago police to turn the Jussie Smollett case over to the FBI, Chicago newspapers reported.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the effort by Foxx came after a former Michelle Obama chief of staff reached out to Foxx. The newspaper reported that the chief of staff and lawyer was a supporter of Smollett. She was described as Tina Tchen, “a Chicago attorney and former chief of staff for former First Lady Michelle Obama,” by the Sun-Times.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    Chicago's mayor and chief of police have blasted the decision to drop charges.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article…
  • Lone_Wolf
    5 years ago
    Yet another reason the Dems should not be in power.
  • daddyfatsack
    5 years ago
    Only 12 comments in and the quota on stupid is full. This will be an entertaining shit show
  • NJBalla
    5 years ago
    I am always fascinated why cases like this resonate so much in america. With such looming threats like AI and exoplanet research why does everyone like discussing race? I sometimes think humans arent met to get along until the aliens arrrive
  • JamesSD
    5 years ago
    As Trump recently taught us, sometimes there is a difference between shady behavior and criminally probable behavior
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @25
    Did Donald Trump finance the 9/11 attacks too?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion