tuscl

latest thing the fucking SJWs are gonna be pissed off about

JohnTitor
don't sweat the petty things-pet the sweaty things
Apparently Dr. Seuss books are racist and NOT INCLUSIVE ENOUGH

For fuck's sake ugh

https://people.com/books/dr-seuss-books-…

28 comments

• steeldog65
    6 years ago
    FUCK
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    I roll my eyes are inclusivity for its own sake. My kids book shelves had some legitimately good books written by and featuring people of color, but there are some that are below average but skate by on inclusivity.

On the other hand some of the lesser Seuss books are pretty fucking racist. Mulberry Street has an offensive charicature of an Asian person. So while I love Cat in the Hat and Wocket in my Pocket, there are some books I'm ok with quietly shelving.

Bottom line is Seuss was a genius and a product of his time. I mean I'm sure Mozart and Beethoven were extremely racist by our standards. I do hope people of color continue to work hard to put out new quality work that can compete with the Canon, but the Canon often survives for a reason while it's lesser contemporaries did not.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I'm torn on this.

I don't think books should be censored. They're a product of their time. Maybe instead of treating them as childrens' books, keep them around and use them in high school classes for textual analysis and critical thinking skills. Teach about how times and images have changed... rather than simply labeling something as racist and getting rid of it. American society needs a very candid dialog on these matters.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Fuck SJW'S
    they can suck a dick, or give some balls a lick, or take razor and give their wrists a nick
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Hitler believed in torturing and killing political opponents too. #RightWingNutJobs
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    It's weird how we're collectively being forced to move backwards and are supposed to freak out about shit that's existed for decades or longer.

Fucking pussies with thin skin controlling how we are supposed to think.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    You'd rather have wannabe Nazis controlling how we think? The right wing is moving backwards.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    That’s pretty ironic, since from what I heard Horton Hears a Who was the starting point of him second guessing his own anti-Japanese racism.

http://www.openculture.com/2014/08/dr-se…

But even despite his anti Japanese sentiment, he was surprisingly progressive on his views of black people and Jewish.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I thought he was Jewish
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Being racist against one group while supporting another doesnt legitimate anything
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ shut the fuck up you’re like a 12 year old, with an opinion about everything. Is there anything you aren’t an expert on ?
  • txtittyspice
    6 years ago
    “Being racist against one group while supporting another doesnt legitimate anything”

Very true. Why do you hate Cubans so much? :o
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Go change your Depends
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    “Being racist against one group while supporting another doesnt legitimate anything”

Very true. Why do you hate Cubans so much? :o
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Cubans aren't a race.... I don't "hate" anyone.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Now go get on another troll profile meth head spice
  • Lurker_X
    6 years ago
    Seuss was a political cartoonist before writing children's books - he lampooned isolationist stances. His philosophy could be quite a patchwork at times. Thidwick the big hearted Moose is one of his more interesting books. It speaks to the limits of generosity, and allowing a dependent class to outgrow the working class.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    LOL remember when Icey said Cubans live like total animals? Sounds like something the hypocritical trick bitch would say.

https://ibb.co/KqbCBRr
    https://ibb.co/rt9srJC

@25 I tried a quick google search on Seuss’s religious views. I have no idea what they are but I’ll take your word for it.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I believe his name actually was Isadore or Theodore Geisl, it certainly sounds like it could have Jewish roots.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @fat head try some depends for your mouth, it appears you have runny diarrhea emanating from it.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Theodore Geisl was in fact NOT Jewish, but as a political writer he was one of the first to take up the cause of Jewish people back in the day of Hitler. Icey you're a fucking know nothing pussy. Just shut the fuck up you loser. You are literally stupider than Alendra Ocasio-Cortes.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I wasn’t sure I’ll guess he was German than.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Wait being a vegatarian or vegan puts you above racism? I think iceyloco's boy Adolf would disagree. T
  • ime
    6 years ago
    he guy sees nazi's everywhere, if you don't agree with icey your a nazi.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    but they are delicious
  • ime
    6 years ago
    i'm not for factory farming, but I will let every SJW commit suicide in solidarity with dying animals before I give up meat

No idea what you are going on about with hire people but not pay them...but you do tend lose me with your rambling posts.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Dehumanizing your perceived enemy has always been in style.

Look at today's portrayal of Muslims or linking immigrants to criminal gangs...its no different from the dehumanization the Japanese felt back then.

And sadly to say, kids growing up without white privilege don't need books to show them racism, they experience it in their daily lives.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Why would anyone dislike Cubans?

And who is Alendra Ocasio-Cortes?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion