tuscl

California to pull plug on $77 billion bullet train, cites ballooning costs...AO

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

13 comments

• Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I wonder how much money has already been spent on the stupid thing. The article does not state that. Way to go Jerry Brown.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    At the heart of all these insane spending ideas is a belief that a dollar spent by government will generate many dollars of growth in the real economy.

It also provides an opportunity for graft for those with the right political connections. A Billion dollar public works project will generate a million dollars of campaign contributions and speaking fees for the politicians who vote for it.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    And yet we can still afford to subsidize Red States and run a surplus.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    ...and the legislature in California bankrupted their largest public utility with absurd liability claims for destruction of property related to wildfires. Good luck with all that...oh yea and the citizens will carry the freight for these liabilities. The money to provide a basic public service has to come from somewhere...
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Yeah, they had a surplus for one year. So do they pay down part of that $1.3 trillion of debt ? No, they come up with new ways to spend it.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    China has great electric trains that are smooth and quiet and travel at 300 KPH. But I think California should look at the hyperloop instead.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    The idea that Bliue states subsidize red sates is pathetically stupid and based on a statistic that doesn't exist. California is an economic basket case. They are trillions upon trillions in debt and because in just one year they don't spend everything in their budget, they think they somehow support us. If you assholes support us why were you going to secede when Trump one but had to =bend over and spread your ass cheeks to beg for federal money when your pathetic dams failed? You're rich. Fix your infrastructure yourself assholes. Pay your fucking debt. A state filled with illegals ain't worth shit.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    As a future ex-Californian, I have to say FINALLY! With 5 major airports in the LA area, and at least 3 in the Bay Area, I see NO reason for a bullet train. Flights between the two are plentiful and inexpensive. Spend the Bullet Train money to enhance the airports.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Spend the bullet train money on paying down your debt because we don't pay for foreign countries than cannot manage money.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    +1 for SkiBum (ya racist) ;)
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    lmao
  • founder
    6 years ago
    No worries... I have less than ZERO desire to go north of Santa Barbara.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Will this express train go to border with TJ?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion