tuscl

So I don't have VIP and writing a review today won't get me VIP status.

Liwet
If she walks away smiling, you spent too much.
Monday, February 11, 2019 4:27 PM
Something seems off here. I have a review for a club on January 1st and January 3rd and I think one of them got me VIP status until February 6th. I'm not trying to put up a review today on February 11th and I'm getting this message: [view link] I don't have VIP status now, so I should be getting it for this review. I also wrote a review on January 23rd for the same club which didn't affect my VIP status (which I'm fine with) but apparently that review is preventing me from getting VIP now. If this new review goes up, does that mean I won't be eligible for VIP until early March despite not having it now)?

22 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    As the message said, you cannot get VIP if you have reviewed the *same* club within the last 28-days - you can get VIP if you review a different club, or wait till the 28-day period has expired if you wanna review the same club *and* wanna get VIP.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    So if I'm a good little PL and review the same club every 2 weeks, there's a possibility that I'll never get VIP status?
  • Lurker_X
    5 years ago
    I suppose if someone reviews the same club every day, only the 29th review would actually extend VIP status.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Have you messaged founder about this? I suspect that he has answers. It's his website...
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Just follow the rules man - or just pay for a fucking VIP if it's stressing you out so much
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    Papi explained the rules. If you email Founder I think he will tell you the same thing. Or - you could whine about it in this discussion...
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    >"Just follow the rules man" I'm not breaking the rules though. This seems like it incentives me to write fewer reviews which doesn't seem right. I should have the same amount of VIP time writing two reviews a month versus someone who only writes one a month or one every other month. If the earliest day I can qualify for VIP gets pushed back after every review I write, that means I could write 2 reviews a month and not get another day of VIP for the rest of the year.
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    If it’s bumping back your eligibility for VIP each time that sounds like a bug. Founder will probably see this eventually, but I’d message him just in case
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I'm sorry to hear that Liwet. Hopefully you get VIP status again soon.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Liwet said "This seems like it incentives me to write fewer reviews which doesn't seem right." Or, it's encouragement to review a wider variety of clubs, if you want VIP without paying for it. Also, a club regular could possibly write multiple reviews of the same club in the same month to extend VIP without actually going to the club. But if what you're talking about is a site error, then message founder.
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    I'd guess it was a scenario that wasn't considered when the logic was written. I'd certainly never considered reviewing the same club twice inside the 28 day period, then again within 28 days of the 2nd review. I'd message founder or wait for him to read this thread to clarify. I agree with your premise but you could also argue that there is some justified incentive to prevent someone from reviewing the same club over & over & over every day or every week. I wouldn't want to look at reviews for a club and have it look like a SJG thread where every post is from the same person. Some clubs that's probably not an issue, but at some it is. Most of the clubs I visit, if I was reviewing them every other week you'd have to scroll past a dozen of my reviews to see someone elses. Like I said originally, I think its more likely just a "bug" or whatever you want to call it and the intent isn't to not give 2x 4 credits for reviewing the same club 3 times in less than 56 days. The logic for tracking that scenario is just more complex and requires more data points. For example the review would also need a flag indicating if VIP credit was earned for its publication and then the check would be if VIP was earned for this club by this user in the last 28 days, then don't grant more - rather than a simple if a review was published by this user in the last 28 days then don't grant credit. It could vary drastically depending on how the eligibility is determined.
  • Dolfan
    5 years ago
    I'd guess it was a scenario that wasn't considered when the logic was written. I'd certainly never considered reviewing the same club twice inside the 28 day period, then again within 28 days of the 2nd review. I'd message founder or wait for him to read this thread to clarify. I agree with your premise but you could also argue that there is some justified incentive to prevent someone from reviewing the same club over & over & over every day or every week. I wouldn't want to look at reviews for a club and have it look like a SJG thread where every post is from the same person. Some clubs that's probably not an issue, but at some it is. Most of the clubs I visit, if I was reviewing them every other week you'd have to scroll past a dozen of my reviews to see someone elses. Like I said originally, I think its more likely just a "bug" or whatever you want to call it and the intent isn't to not give 2x 4 credits for reviewing the same club 3 times in less than 56 days. The logic for tracking that scenario is just more complex and requires more data points. For example the review would also need a flag indicating if VIP credit was earned for its publication and then the check would be if VIP was earned for this club by this user in the last 28 days, then don't grant more - rather than a simple if a review was published by this user in the last 28 days then don't grant credit. It could vary drastically depending on how the eligibility is determined.
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    >I wouldn't want to look at reviews for a club and have it look like a SJG thread Savage
  • NJBalla
    5 years ago
    I like the system the way it is. If you review a club every 2 weeks im not sure what new intel you can add. Clubs can change in 3 months, but ive never seen a dramatic drop off or upswing in a few weeks. Now a comment section that other sites have would be perfect to collect intel on new dancers or to discern the whereabouts of other dancers.
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    I believe this rule is in effect to keep someone from just writing review after review of the same club in a short putrid of time To build up VIP credit. There is usually not much that is going to be different after a couple weeks at a club. I understand what you are saying, but I honestly don't think it is necessary to write a review if a pace every two weeks. If there is something significant you think people would need to know (popular dancer leaving, a new must see dancer, significant change in cost) you could put it in a discussion until your 28-day moratorium was up. When I had multiple trips in a short period, I combined the info into one review.
  • BoringLoser
    5 years ago
    When you’re not eligible for vip you could make a comment marked “update” on your most recent review
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    I actually can't read the comments of my own reviews right now including for a review of mine that went up 2 hours ago.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    ^^^ Have you messaged founder yet?
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Maybe you could just review more than one club every so often? Now that you know how the algorithm works, you should be able to manage this better. Besides, do you really think that anyone besides you wants to see your string of bi-weekly commentary reviews?
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    >do you really think that anyone besides you wants to see your string of bi-weekly commentary reviews? I do think there are others that want to read what I say.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Do you review the club or just offer a recap of your visit? I'm sure the club doesn't change much every week or so and I think that is why @founder enforces the limit. There isn't much value to regurgitating the same relevant info over and over again.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    Coz you really need to read all those threads about underage girls, cumming in your pants and questions about the same Atlanta clubs 2 times a week.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion