tuscl

Tom Brady cements his status as the GOAT and the Pats as the greatest dynasty in

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
They won 9 AFC championships in the last 18 years and played in 3 other others in that time. This means 9 Superbowl appearances in the last 18 years, with 6 of them resulting in wins. That's half of all Superbowls played in over 18 years and 1/3 going of them going to a single team. That was never supposed to happen in the salary cap era, yet it has.

As a life long Pats fan who spent decades with a mediocre to downright miserable team, I can only say: "Holy shit, this is fucking awesome!"

18 comments

• rickdugan
    6 years ago
    As one great song's lyrics say:

We are the champions, my friends
    And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
    We are the champions
    We are the champions
    No time for losers
    'Cause we are the champions of the world
  • gawker
    6 years ago
    It’s interesting that Brady year after year accepts a salary far below what other top notch quarterbacks demand and get. Brady’s reasoning is that by doing so there’s more room under the salary cap to hire his “supporting cast”. An unselfish professional athlete - how unusual. Another factor at play is that the Patriots have relatively few stars. They’ve been drafting after 25 or 30 other teams for decades. And not infrequently when a player excels with the team and goes “on the market”, their performance drops off. Somehow Belichek and the Krafts have assembled a TEAM. And for the fan it’s a great ride.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    At least Brady is a University of Michigan grad! (Take that, TheeOSU, lol)
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    Very good points gawker and ATAC!

Boy did Goff look horrible. He looked like an overwhelmed kid who was just playing in a game too big for him.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    As far as Super Bowls go, this was one of the most boring forgettable ones, as far as long suffering Patriot fans go, its been 20 years since they had a losing season, it’s time for them to quit complaining about being long suffering.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ +1
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Michel had 94 yards and the only touchdown of the game..... avg 5 yards a carry..... If not for edelman going off for 140 yards Michel is MVP
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    The Saints and Drew Brees would have made it a more entertaining game. As it turned out it was an old school defensive struggle instead of the high flying offensive show that the modern NFL is trying to promote.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    ^ Agreed. For die hard football fans like myself it was a hell of a game, but I could see how more casual fans might have been disappointed.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Many years ago the Browns played at Oakland and the final score was Browns, 7-3. It was a good game.
    With all of the rule changes protecting QBs and receivers the agenda is as much for big scores as it is safety. I suppose Rodger Goddell has his staff working out details for more rule changes in an attempt to prevent another low scoring SB in the future.
  • _Constantine_
    6 years ago
    How the fuck can anyone consider anyone else besides Brady the GOAT?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Yeah, he guided his team to 13 points. Why can't everyone see his brilliance?
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    The Patriots aren't a good team.... its just that the Ram's were worse...
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    It takes nothing away from Brady or the Patriots but that was not a good game to watch, particularly the first half. Even the announcers were joking about the record punt being the most exciting thing of the night.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    The pats deserve credit. i'm not sure how much credit brady deserves for a 13 point game. this was about defense. the pats holding the rams to 3 desreves serious credit.
  • Stripclubaddict1
    6 years ago
    Celtics-11Championships in 13 years
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Or Drew Brees
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^How the hell could Mahomes be a GOAT, he’s barely in the league a rookie, not saying he’s not a very good QB, but rookies can’t be GOATs, by definition. SMH
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion