tuscl

Tijuana

I had planned a trip to TJ this month but, between Trump's rantings, the Caravans, and these articles in the LA Times I'm reconsidering

https://www.latimes.com/world/mexico-ame…

https://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-mexi…

Any thoughts?

18 comments

• rh48hr
    6 years ago
    If you stick to the clubs (Hong Kong, Adilitas) you'll be fine. I'm sure other mongers who go on the regular can tell you about esse of entry and return.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    It's no more dangerous than going to Chicago or LA or New York. Just don't be stupid. And there really isn't any problems with the border crossings. There are lines to get back to the US in the mornings but that is not new. Read up on it. Several Articles and Discussion pieces on this site.

I'm going in March and can't wait.
  • eastsidecap
    6 years ago
    There is a firewall for this article. It sounds really good though
  • thatotherguy70
    6 years ago
    I live in San Diego, and I was down in TJ a week ago, I'll be back probably tomorrow. What everyone else said. Don't buy or sell meth and you're good to go.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Seems the article is mostly about killings among drug dealers, and users - and mostly in the poor non-tourist areas and the tourist area is probably much more heavily-patrolled to protect those American-dollars flowing into the local-economy.

I'm sure if someone did and expose on the street-crime in cities like Detroit, LA, Miami, etc, that it would look like a place you should never visit.

Anything can happen - you can also die in your sleep tonight - seems like Americans continue to cross the border into TJ like they did b/f - if one is gonna wait till it's "safe", w/e that exactly means, one may be waiting a long-time - once it starts spilling into the non-drug population, then it's time to reconsider, IMO.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    6 years ago
    never been to tj. but i love mexico this time of year. sounds like you if you kike whores this is a great place to go. just don't get really drunk outside of the hotel and watch your drink at the club
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    You've been to TJ before so this is your 2nd or 3rd trip, it'll get better.
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    I went through shortly after they shutdown the border when the migrants stormed the gates and didn't have a single problem. I noticed the tents going in and the crowd waiting on the lottery when I was coming back through but otherwise they didn't affect me at all.
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    I've been going to TJ at least three times a month for the past 5 months and I have not any problems crossing the border on either side.

When I stay the night in TJ, I have had no problems within the Zona Notre.

I feel less safe going to downtown Los Angeles or Long Beach.
  • bang69
    6 years ago
    Stay in the clubs watch your back at all times. Hide money in various places on you ie socks, shoes. Really the safest thing to do. is not go TJ
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    barricade yourself in your residence.
    it is dangerous outside.

me... i’m omw to tj right now.
  • thatotherguy70
    6 years ago
    I know I rang in earlier, but let me be clear about this. I live in San Diego. I monger. And sometimes I go to TJ for lunch without mongering. It's cool, bruv. There's no emergency down here.
  • Cristobal
    6 years ago
    Due to the fact that so many TUSCLers are worried about visiting TJ, I consider it my duty to continually visit and take one for the team to gather intel.

So with a day off from work, I take the 2 hour drive and while traffic was a little busier than normal, I crossed the border both ways with no incident.

My walk from the border to HK took 15 minutes and was also without incident.

My cab ride from HK to the border was also without incident.

The only incident was trying to find the best bargirl to take arriba but that was a fun incident.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Has anyone been random-selected by a CBP agent or by the computer, at the border checkin, to be "interviewed"? I heard they can search your phone and you've to unlock it?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Adelitas was shut down today for lice infestation.
  • devl_dawgg
    6 years ago
    Yeah, I get that the news is usually overblown. Thanks for the advice!
  • JAprufrock
    6 years ago
    Was there a couple weeks ago and I saw no issues with the border crossing or migrants or anything else, like others are saying.
    Not sure how this gets overblown, probably from pipe-smoking benders like Fagooner.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    at ped west i got sent to secondary just after i applied for global entry. they wanted to know why i had three addresses.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion