tuscl

Comment counts on reviews incorrect

TFP
Adventures of Assjobman
Thursday, January 17, 2019 9:39 PM
When browsing through daily reviews, I'm usually inclined to check out a review if I notice it has a high comment count. However today I noticed that a lot of reviews show comments, sometime a very high number, yet when I click on it there are no comments to be found.
Or the number of actual comments isn't close to the number shown.

Anyone else seeing this?

17 comments

• shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Yes. I noticed it too and wondered if there were comments made by trolls that I have on Ignore.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Founder took TUSCL offline for a bit earlier tonight, I assume he was working on something so perhaps something got broken as a result
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^I was wondering this as well. But I doubt it could be that. Take that review of Follies today written by the guy from Cali. I looked at his past reviews, and his only other review besides the Follies one was a review of Hong Kong. It shows that it has 117 comments. But when you click on it it's more like 7 comments. I doubt that trolls I have on ignore made 100 other comments on that review.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    I hope that it is just a glitch showimg the wrong number of comments. The only other explaination would be trolls spamming the reviews as badly as they used to spam the discussion board and I pray that is not the case.
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    I couldn’t find the review you’re talking about because or me every follys review has 11 comments. I think it’s a bug.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    @BoringLoser that's why I said the guy from Cali. I'll just link it here. You'll notice his Hong Kong review shows 116 comments.

https://www.tuscl.net/rev.php?id=346977&…
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    Sorry I guess I just forgot what I was looking for when I noticed that every single follies review says it had 11 comments (and I scrolled all the way back to 2015).

I see the HK review now and it does show 116 comments with only 7 actual comments
  • 501traveler
    6 years ago
    There also seem to be quite a few of the daily reviews that dont have the any ratings filled out ( club, dancers, money value, etc ).
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    it looks as if that comment count is showing the number of comments for the club details itself and not the number of comments for that particular review.

it’s probably a bug that founder will correct.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Has anyone messaged founder?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    And this is important why?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    It's not earth shattering. But if something is broken, then it's good policy to report it. Especially if it might be a programming error that could cascade to other functionalities.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    25 - I like to read review comments on the clubs that I go to. I considered making a comment on this review calling it BS for a couple of reasons but refrained because I couldn't prove my accusations even though I was apparently there the same day.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Also, the ratings have all been zeroed out for the clubs I follow.

Club: 0.0
    Dancers: 0.0
    Dollar Value: 0.0

Etc.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Working on it
  • JeffTUSCL
    6 years ago
    Another issue is that in the discussions, the recent comment sorting is behind by about 24 hours. If that sorting is generated on a schedule, then the thing that generates the data is not running correctly. If it's done in real-time then there may be a time calculation bug.
  • BoringLoser
    6 years ago
    Funny thing. The guy we were talking about made an interesting post in the front room.

https://www.tuscl.net/app/discussion.php…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion