tuscl

Where should I go?

Lovelyeast
New York
Wednesday, January 9, 2019 10:30 AM
Hey, So I’m thinking of traveling soon and, I narrowed it down to N. Carolina, Rhode Island or Miami. I’ve danced in Miami before, I have family to visit in N. Carolina, but I get requested a lot to come to Rhose Island. I’ve been hearing how AA dancers have a hard time getting hired in Rhode Island. So where should I go next? I’m tired of Nyc

27 comments

• Lovelyeast
    5 years ago
    Sorry for the typo.
  • steeldog65
    5 years ago
    I'm sorry I can't help you as those are areas I have not clubbed. However, Rhode Island has at least one club that was recently closed and is now re opening I think in Providence. If you haven't read the reviews take a look at the latest on each of those areas and see if they seem to fit the vibe you're looking for. We have quite a few people who club in those areas and I'm sure will be happy to give you specific recommendations..
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Selfishly, I will suggest that you come to Rhode Island. Because I'm in Rhode Island. Less selfishly, I'll ask what you're looking for in a club (aside from a steady income). That may help others here give you advice or feedback.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Steeldog65 is referring to the Foxy Lady in Providence. It is open now, but without private VIP rooms. Google will tell you everything about what has been happening there.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Cadillac Lounge and Wild Zebra are both a bit more diverse in their hiring standards.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Agreed. Cadillac Lounge is more upscale. Wild Zebra is more divey/working class. Club Desire has AA dancers, but it's not AA heavy. I think that Bharlem81 could get hired there.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    CMI, I don't know about Desire. Yes they have a smattering of AA dancers, but not really ones built in the urban club mold. The club caters almost exclusively to older white guys who have a preference for the classic looks. Even the few black girls that I saw there were more the sleek build types than the big booty beauties. Bharlem is most certainly attractive, but she might not be what that particular club tends to hire. I also failed to mention Club Fantasies, which is also more diverse. My only hesitation in bringing that club up is that it was a ghost town all of last Friday night, which is crazy for a weekend night in a PVD club. Maybe she could bring some guys in with her, but she might be better off in a club with more foot traffic.
  • Lovelyeast
    5 years ago
    Thanks guys. I don’t like working in predominantly aa clubs coming from NYC I have worked in diverse clubs. So my ideal club would have all types and not too strict as I am a handstand stripper.
  • Lovelyeast
    5 years ago
    I’m meant to say “handsy stripper”.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I would not recommend Fantasies. It's a large club that has been struggling for years to attract customers. Which is unfortunate. It used to be a great club. The renovated the interior a little over a year ago, but they've done nothing to update how they do business. I occasionally hear that it is improving, but I never hear that it's actually good. It's too bad. That place could be rolling in cash.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    A handstand stripper is impressive, but I'm glad that was a typo. #selfish
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Bharlem81... Skibum609 is a regular at Club Desire and several of the other local clubs. He's active on the discussion board and reviews. You could also reach out to "OldWhitGuy": [view link] He's not active on these boards at all, but he's a high-volume customer here in Rhode Island. He knows what he's talking about and should give you good feedback.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Bharlem, I don't think that you'd find either the Caddy or Wild Zebra to be stunningly strict.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Cmon down to Miami, we’re having a little get together at Tootsies 1/24 in the early evening you can pick the brains of a bunch of us that know SFlorida well.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I've got TUSCL friends in Durham, Fayetteville, Charlotte and Asheville NC and in Greenville & Columbia SC. They would not recommend any Carolina clubs. They would prefer to drive to Atlanta where 20 out of 27 clubs are listed as black. Providence is a lot closer than Miami where the Cubans rule.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @shadowcat we do have a lot of Cubanas but there is room here for all, and the weather is great.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    twentyfive - Why not try convincing all of the Cubans to come back? :)
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    I’m just as selfish, if not more so, as C.M.I, so Louisville. If your pics are you, you’ll do more than fine. Almost all of the clubs are diverse, and you can get as handsy as you want in most of them, though there’s a couple that are more strict. In fact, the National Farm Machinery Show is coming to Louisville in February (around V Day). And then the Derby Festival in April. And if you’re driving, it’s not even that far away.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Shadowcat I’ve been giving them bus fare to Atlanta 2 bucks at a time ;)
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    From my custy POV, it doesn't seem like Miami is a great place for dancers to make $$$ - I've had a couple of dancers contact me in the past since they were coming down and they found it hard to get hired at the better clubs, and found it harder to make $$$ compared to their home-area (these were both black and white dancers). As shadowcat mentioned, Miami and most of South FL is dominated by the Cuban dancers to where even white dancers seem to not be able to do well and there are few of them - also IMO most of the clubs in South FL, at least the better ones, are not very AA friendly when it comes to hiring - perhaps some of the West Palm Beach clubs may be more AA friendly but that is an hour north of Miami. The only South FL mixed club that hires a good # of AAs is Porthole Pub in Pompano - it's a mixed dive but has decent foot-traffic and custies and decent spending custies although at night many of the younger guys don't seem to spend much. I hit the Miami black clubs all the time - aside from dances just being $5, seems 80% of the custies are just spectators and don't buy a single dance. I have not clubbed in RI or NC, but most areas I've been to outside South FL, particularly Miami, seems the custies spend more - not saying you would not get hired at a good mixed club in Miami or that you could not do well, just that it seems to me most out of town dancers don't do well in Miami (it's kinda a different animal).
  • Lovelyeast
    5 years ago
    Who would of thought Kentucky for diversity , lol. George I’ll definitely check out the club reviews out there. Omg it doesn’t seem to promising for me as far as Florida goes. I used to dance at boobie trap. But I don’t want to spend the money if it’s that hard now for dancers to get hired. I guess Rhode Island it is. I’ll probably go out there late February or early March for a week.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Good news (specifically for me). Reach out when you're in the area.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Things in Miami have not changed that much - if you were previously hired at Booby Trap then you may a decent chance at other Miami mixed clubs - some ebony dancers are just too-thick or sometimes too-tatted and have no-chance. Tootsies is starting to become more popular w/ AA clientele and it seems they are slightly hiring more AA dancers - by more I don't mean 10+ ebonies but more like 4 - 6 on a shift where in the past often times I would not see one on a Fr or Sat night w/ 100+ dancers on shift.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Being a custy I just don't know exactly how hard it can be to get hired at the clubs - my comments are mostly from observation and some dancer comments; but it's not like I have firsthand knowledge so my comments are just an FYI
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    @Bharlem81: LOL! There are those who say that Louisville is *in* Kentucky, but not *part* of Kentucky. :) It’s by far the bluest of the two blue areas in an otherwise red state. Lexington is the other, and it’s more purple than blue, despite hosting the University of Kentucky.
  • DrStab
    5 years ago
    Metro Detroit is also good for diversity — your pictures look nice!
  • Assmanjoe
    5 years ago
    @Bharlem i can think of at least five clubs in jersey that would be a good fit for you based on what youre looking for. *most* clubs here are mixed and with varying degrees of strictness for your handstanding lol a lot of the clubs in union/essex counties would fit the bill and some in middlesex and theyre all within 30 minutes of 95/turnpike (traffic permitting). actually your pictures and description remind me a lot of a dancer i met at hott22 in union a few years ago who i had an awesome time with. youre a real beauty and i bet the accents a killer :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion