tuscl

Dallas 2AMer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Two security officers in Dallas are under arrest and facing murder charges after fatally shooting a man trying to leave a strip club parking lot early New Year's Day, police say.

According to Dallas police, just before 3 a.m. officers were called to a shooting at an overflow parking lot for XTC Cabaret along the 8500 block of Stemmons Freeway.

Dallas police are investigating a fatal shooting by security guards outside a nightclub, Jan. 1, 2019.

Investigators learned the 34-year-old victim, whose name has not been released pending notification of family members, was involved in an altercation in the parking lot and that an unarmed security guard had called for backup to help control the situation.

Two security officers, 25-year-old Daterrious Haggard and 27-year-old Eric Hansen, ran to the overflow lot and immediately tried to stop the driver of a white pickup from leaving the lot.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, the guards said there was an unresponsive person on the ground behind the truck and that they ordered the driver to stop backing up.

When the driver refused to stop, the security officers began shooting into his pickup truck. At the same time, bystanders moved the unconscious person to another area.

After the shooting, Haggard and Hansen were detained and taken to Dallas Police Headquarters for an interview where they waived their Miranda rights and admitted to detectives they'd repeatedly fired their weapons at the driver after he ignored their commands to stop.

The driver of the truck, who was killed in the shooting, crashed into several parked vehicles in the parking lot before his vehicle came to a stop.

"During the course of the investigation, detectives were made aware of and reviewed a video circulating on social media that captured a significant portion of the incident," police said.

The video referenced by police was a Facebook live broadcast by a man who, while sitting inside his parked car, said he'd been visiting the XTC strip club and started broadcasting after seeing a fight in the parking lot where someone was apparently knocked unconscious.

In the video, a person can be seen motionless on the ground with a number of onlookers nearby. Moments later, several security officers can be seen running into the area, attempting to stop someone in a white pickup from leaving the scene.

After a lot of shouting, more than a dozen gun shots can be heard before the truck rolls to a stop. The driver then lurches the truck forward and more gunshots are heard. The truck then accelerates a third time before crashing into several parked cars as even more gunshots are fired.

"Based on their interview, the social media video and witness testimony, Haggard and Hansen were both arrested and will be charged with murder," Dallas police said.

Bail amounts for Haggard and Hanson have not been set and it's not clear if they've obtained attorneys.

While two arrests have been made, the investigation into the incidents are active and ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this case is still encouraged to contact Detective McDaniel at 214-671-4236 or [email protected].

10 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    That's fucked up
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/01/01/1-de…

There's a brief video clip of the news story that ran on air, which had CBS 11 piece of ass @erinjonesnews reporting. Someone is probably going to think it's insensitive to bring this up because some dude got shot and killed while some security guys were getting their thug on. I'm not saying they should have shot dude up like that, but when two dudes with guns (who aren't supposed to shoot you) tell you to stop driving - with the bead on you from point blank range - the survival odds of stopping are better than the odds of driving backward. Then his ass drove forward toward the shooters? The same shooters who later waived their Miranda rights because why? Then the news report had some random guy complaining at the end about getting his ass beat by possibly the same guards like it's some kind of public interest story? Is that the guy who live streamed it?

In other news, while I was watching that incoherent coverage to get a few details on the shooting they cut to Erin Jones reporting from some random street location. Then all I could think about is what she looked like under her coat. Or how those skinny reporters all make that butch newslady voice that is improbably hot. Or why they didn't have her go undercover as a stripper to develop an expose into the seedy inner workings of Club XTC. Yes, I'm objectifying her without regard to her actual talent as a news reporter. Well, she also posted this photo of herself on Facebook looking like a streetwalker outside a Taco Bell so there you have it:

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…
  • Johny5
    6 years ago
    Dude i saw this on the new my friend works near the shooting. Crazy shit. That guy must of wanted some otc pussy and paid the price with his life
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Sad and more dangerous than TJHK.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    This is more interesting than most 2AM stories.
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    Isn't it, though? I really hope XTC gets back to Erin Jones, and not just to see more of Erin Jones. Inquiring minds want to know if a guy paid the price of his life chasing after otc pussy.

"Sad and more dangerous than TJHK."

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. When people get disappeared down in the Zona the only way the gringos here about it is if it's someone who'd be missed North of the border.
  • Musterd21
    6 years ago
    Wow, family members are going to know where he was and what about the wrecked cars. Explain that to the little women.
  • Bavarian
    6 years ago
    The thug factor is high at XTC. I’ve only been there three times. It is no Baby Dolls that’s for sure.
  • loper
    6 years ago
    Did I miss something? There was an unresponsive person on the ground. Were the security guards trying to keep him from getting run over, or was that just an excuse after the fact?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Sounds like he must’ve had some money left.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion