tuscl

Foxy Lady to reopen, but without dancers, pending full review

Call.Me.Ishmael
Rhode Island
Thursday, December 27, 2018 3:57 AM
PROVIDENCE — The Foxy Lady gained a partial victory in its legal battle against the city’s licensing authority Monday when state regulators agreed to let the longtime strip club reopen on a temporary basis as a nightclub, but with no adult entertainment. [view link] I dunno. I'm not sure they're going to do quite as well... It's progress, I suppose.

12 comments

• skibum609
    6 years ago
    This way the liquor license retains value for a future sale if they lose the appeal.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Once a strip club is in the crosshairs of the powers to be, it often ceases to be a worthwhile strip club
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    could the club survive as a no-alcohol establishment? Of course, I'd greatly prefer for the elected officials to say, "let them alone as long as they are consenting adults."
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Skibum is likely on the right track here.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    In CA all our nude clubs are no alcohol yet they still do quite well. But that's only because they all have to abide by those rules. If this club was the only club that didn't allow alcohol and down the street was alcohol and naked women then yeah, this club is doomed.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There are areas that have both BYOB clubs and alcohol clubs - the the non-alcohol places are usually BYOB so you can still drink if you bring your own booze - but it seems most SC owners want the alcohol in place since it looks like they make a killing off of it - almost aeems like the dancers are.secondary and more like an excuse to sell way overpriced alcohol
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Nudity isn't the overriding background issue here. It's the allegations of prostitution that led to the club's adult entertainment license being pulled.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    ^^^^definitely the case. In Vegas at Spearmint Rhino they sell Coronas for $13 a pop. Even the casual consumer can get them for $1 a pop at Costco. I'm sure they get a much better discount since they buy in bulk. And let's not even begin to talk about their mixed drinks they sell for $17 per drink. A killing indeed.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    ^^^^That was just agreeing with Papi's comment about the killing SCs make on drinks.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    The FL didn't get closed due to alcohol or full contact dances. They got closed because of boards like this place and three nitwits propositioning strangers.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    A strip club without the stripping? So just cut straight to the point and set up OTC over a drink at the bar?
  • sp
    6 years ago
    I don't know about this whole issue with Foxy. Everyone around here knows that this stuff happens at all of the local clubs so why just go after Foxy? I'm thinking someone missed a payment somewhere that led to this unless this is the first stop of many in the neighborhood. Keep your eyes and ears open my fellow mongers when you visit your fav PVD place. Also, I don't believe the issue is the booze but just the adult entertainment aspect of the business. It's a nice enough place with a good amount of parking so it could survive as a regular club if they market it right.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion