tuscl

Providence councilwoman-elect wants Foxy Lady reopened, prostitution decriminali

Call.Me.Ishmael
Rhode Island
From the Providence Journal.

https://www.providencejournal.com/news/2…

I wish her luck.

7 comments

• Muddy
    6 years ago
    Thank God there are people like this still
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Agreed. She has an uphill battle on her hands, though.
  • vajmon
    6 years ago
    God bless that bitch! Hope reason prevails and they go back to the way it was in the good old days, decriminalized or at least tolerated indoors.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    One of the idiot councilman keeps banging on the human-trafficking drum saying legalizing prostitution somehow opens the door to more human-trafficking - havung prostitution illegal is what often puts the women at greatest risk - that's like saying alcohol being legal opens the doors to alcoholism thus alcohol should be illegal - drugs are illegal but that doesn't stop people from using and becoming addicted, drugs being legal would probably make it easier for people to receive proper treatment and would likely drastically reduce drug-related crime.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    It could possibly be that all the current heavy-handed treatment of the sex-biz may create a counter-reaction - the sex-biz is HUGE, lots of $$$ at stake not to mention the livelihood of many women in particular - I'm of the belief that most people would not care if prostitution was legalized even if they don't engage in the practice themselves - to me it seems that it's those on the extreme left and right that have an ax to grind, but I think most people in the middle know prostitution is still gonna happen and it being illegal does more harm than good especially for the provider - anti-prostitution laws are archaic and thus ripe for change.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    @Papi, the problem is that it’s only the control freaks on the extreme right and left that make most of the noise. The ones in the middle, who don’t really care, don’t care enough to put up a fight and bring attention to themselves, because those control freaks have the political and social power to make their lives miserable.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Good for her. If it works it will show other elected officials being pro-sex work isn't career suicide(for those who would otherwise be pro-sex work).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion