tuscl

Strippers and Pawn Shops

goldmongerATL
The Square Above Charlie Weaver
There have been many discussions about strippers pissing away money and always being broke.

A friend helps out at his brother's pawn shop. He says they do some business pawning jewelry from strippers, usually at the first of the month. Some are there monthly.

He remembered one girl that had pawned about $1500 of jewelry. She pawned it every few months when she needed rent money and would recover it a couple of weeks later. She was short on paying off the loan by over $100. The shop would not let her take some of the jewelry until she paid it all off.

She walked over to a male customer looking at shotguns. They talked for a minute and both left. She was back a couple of hours later and had the rest of the money.

Just sayin.

15 comments

• bubba267
    6 years ago
    Great story.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    You'd think they'd pawn electronics and shit more often
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    You'd think they'd pawn electronics and shit more often
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    My guess is the jewelry is impulse purchases they can easily do without for a while. The smart thing would be to sell it and be permanently over the hump (pun intended). But if they are pawning to make rent they suck at managing money plus they would probably blow the money on some ink and have no rent money AND no jewelry.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    If she was willing to hook up with a random guy for money why did she bothsr pawning the jewelry to begin with? She could've just cut out the middle man and gone straight to the OTC action.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    There is also a good chance the jewelry were gifts from men.

It’s easier to get a man to shell out $500 on trinkets than $300 in cash.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    My ATF would pawn items when she needed money. She would also go shopping at pawn shops.
  • gawker
    6 years ago
    Way back when I first became a regular with my ATF, I bought her some gold and sterling jewelry. Some were hand tooled and I spent between $500 & $600.
    A month later I was at her house and asked if she ever wore them. She said no, she’ll just wears cheap costume jewelry. Then she told me that she got $150 at the pawnshopfor them the day after I gave them to her. Lesson learned!
  • Electronman
    6 years ago
    Cut out the middle man and just fuck the pawn shop owner.
  • goldmongerATL
    6 years ago
    My buddy says they often offer to pay the loan in trade. He and his bro turn them down. Hey they are professionals.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    I'm guessing a PL bought that jewelry for her. She probably doesn't care about it but the PL would care if it was gone
  • PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    Could be stuff from an ex that she keeps for emergencies like this.
  • Westcoastclubber
    6 years ago
    Pawn shops fit perfectly with a lifestyle that's broke one week, flush the next.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I just guessed they pawned stuff RILs give them that they would rather just have 50 cents on the dollar for.
  • max_starr
    6 years ago
    thats why I always give them cash, clothes, cigarettes....but mostly cash.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion