tuscl

How many hours do u need to sleep 4

future POTUS and Senator in training
Retired Queen Troll of TUSCL...who will succeed my reign?
Honestly if I'm depressed its like 8 or 10 hrs..but when I'm perfectly myself I just need 3 lol

9 comments

• Mood is a big deal 4 me..I prefer to sleep only 3 hrs and prepare to kill my exams at 6 I'm the morning . even on weekends .

My work ethic is steel ...c u in a few yrs supreme court
  • Musterd21
    6 years ago
    I like 8 but do well on 6. I need 4 at the least. I am an early riser.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I can function on 2 or 3 hours of sleep. But there are days when I'll crash for like 12. It just depends on my mood, on whether I drink, lots of stuff
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Usually I sleep around 6 or 7
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Good for you. My roommate has also been manic lately and also sleeping for about three hours as well.
  • Iam4u2screw
    6 years ago
    The brain actually needs 4+ hours at a minimum to function properly. And that is proper sleep cycle sleep with periods of deep sleep in between cycles of dream sleep (REM). The 'normal' person actually needs 6-8 to function on a regular basis and for good brain health. If you go for periods where the brain is unable to properly rest, you will start to loose focus sooner and eventually face the potential of hallucinations as the areas of your brain get backlogged with thoughts and images.

The function of sleep is actually to allow the area of your brain that handles all your cognitive thought to clear out all the memories it has pulled from your long term memory and to file them back in your long term memory. Without the rest periods, eventually that part of your brain is unable to receive new inputs, both from your senses and from your long term memory, so it essentially shuts down.

People can function on just a couple of hours of sleep, for a very short period of time, but eventually the sleep deprivation will force you to sleep. The average person can go about 72-96 hours without sleep, but by the end of that window they will be mentally worthless and incapable of making a sound decision.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    I need 25 hours of sleep 8 days a week
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    I was diagnosed with insomnia more than 20 years ago so I don't get much sleep. According to the sleep tracker on my fitbit I averge about 3 hours per night. Usually at least once every week I go an entire night without any sleep and I can't remember the last time I slept more than 6 hours.

I can function for about 3-4 days without sleep but I avoid driving after about 48 hours just in case. The longest I ever went without sleep was 5 and a half days but the last 30 hours of that I was admitted into the hospital for exhaustion.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion