tuscl

College Football Playoffs

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Alabama, Clemson, Norte Dame and Oklahoma are in. Big 10, Pac 10 and all of the G5s are left out.

What do you think ? Did OSU get shafted ? Did UCF deserve to be in ? Will Bama win again ?

14 comments

• Daddillac
    6 years ago
    I think bama and Clemson win big.... then bama wins big. At the end uga will have given bama the best game and you will realize last night was the national championship
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    1) Bama will beat ND for the championship
    2) OSU did not get shafted, while I think we are one of the 4 best teams right now we were far too inconsistent this year to earn a playoff spot. I don't know what the fuck happened against Purdue but it was unforgivable and killed our shot.
    3) UCF had a decent argument right up until their QB went down. They are not nearly as dynamic of a team without him.
    4) Notre Dame needs to give up its independent status and join a conference so they have a championship game to consider.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    With only 4-teams in the playoffs seems there will almost-always be worthwhile teams left-out
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ thus there should be a 8-team playoff
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Give everyone a participation trophy.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    Go to a 64 team field like Division 3
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I'm curious to see if the Sooner's high-power offense will still be able to do its thing against Bama's defense
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I agree that the play-offs need to be expanded. Take the committee out of it. Winners of each P5 conference, highest ranked G5 champion, then the two highest ranked non-champions. Everyone has a chance to get in but you will still get the 4-6 highest ranked teams anyway.

On this year, it all depends on the health of Tua. He has 4 weeks to get his ankle healed. If he is fully functional, 'Bama is just too much for anyone this year. Kylar Murray will make that game fun to watch, but will not put up 40+ points on the Tide defense. Clemson will take out the Catholics. But Alabama's defense will rattle Clemson's freshman QB.

Saban wins another.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    Tua is shit.... Georgia exposed him in th he first half. He is a decent qb running an excellent team. He should not even be invited to new York for Heisman
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    OSU did not get shafted, while I think we are one of the 4 best teams right now we were far too inconsistent this year to earn a playoff spot. I don't know what the fuck happened against Purdue but it was unforgivable and killed our shot.

Five starters out --including a field goal kicker which seems to get overlooked---instead of kicking for three on two separate occasions they went for the first down when they were inside the 30. Their top receiver and right tackle also were out that game.......

With all of that they still should have beat Purdue but they came out of the Penn State game very banged up......not to mention the loss of Bosa which most people are still projecting as one of the two top picks in the draft........

The Alabama Georgia game was closer than I thought it would be but then again Alabama seemed lost at times --was that Georgia or were they just flat.

I personally would have liked to see 5 play 6 and 7 play 8 just to see who really is that good.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    With all that said I do not believe Georgia got shafted.... I do believe they are one of the top 4 teams but they had their shot at Bama and blew it. I wish we were playing UCF instead of texas. Hopefully LSU will shut those bitches up.
  • TxVegas
    6 years ago
    I think the correct four teams were chosen. It would be difficult to say that a non-champion Georgia with two losses should be ahead on champion OU or OSU. Their most impressive performance was the loss to Alabama.

I also think that putting Georgia at 4 would be a problem in that it creates a rematch with Alabama. No one wants to see that rematch and Alabama may not see that as fair (having to beat a good team twice).

I would be all in favor of the eight team playoff and guaranteeing all conference champs in the power 5 get in. Then, you could really see the relative merits of each conference. For example, in the last few years, the Pac 12 champ has been weak in everyone’s opinion. But, what if the game showed them to be better than assumed. Give them all a chance.

Also, what about the fact that all championship games are in domes or warm weather. There are certainly differences in style that benefit some teams in certain weather, and the weather is almost always not a factor in these BCS and now playoff games. Of course, as a fan, I love the nice weather games. The Rose Bowl is a great place to watch a game.

As for UCF, I don’t see that they deserve a spot with their schedule. I do think it would be cool if name brand schools added them in the next few years. I think they have earned that right.
  • Mnaz
    6 years ago
    I think college football was perfect before there ever was a national championship. Good teams played good teams non-conference, winning your conference was a big deal, and all the bowl games were a lot of fun. Now it’s all about a pointless national championship. Typical left wing do gooders ruining something that was great.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Papi,

Remember back when we discussed who should be #1 after the season without any playoff? I said back then and maybe it needs repeating, "I'd rather discuss who should have been #4 rather then #1.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion