tuscl

Follies - 2 new points to keep in mind.

Friday, November 30, 2018 8:05 PM
Pep Boys. They were towing there today! I was parked there, and luckily one of the employees warned me and moved to Fiesta Plaza. Guess it helps to be regular. Always park AWAY from Follies at Fiesta Plaza, and buy some food there. Great bakery and decent food court.

Second. Arrived at 4:00PM and there was 20 minute wait to get in. Usually no wait at that time. Guessing the fire department gave them another warning about over crowding.

Follies still the best strip club in Atlanta, but not as good as it used to be. YMMV.

22 comments

• wallanon
    6 years ago
    Towing at Pep Boyz?! This means...yeah, I guess you can't war with the Pep Boyz. Better do what BigDawg says.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Follies gets crowded early on Fridays. They start enforcing the reserved tables as soon as the club opens. I won't go on Fridays anymore.

Some may want to try parking in the apartment complex on the other side of Pep Boys or just pay the valet.
  • VeryBigDawg
    6 years ago
    ^^^ Good point. Busy today on a Friday.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    A reviewer a few days ago talked about getting his car booted while parked at the Fiesta Plaza - apparently the current security guard at the plaza is keeping an eye on PLs parking at Fiesta then crossing the street to Follies.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Papi - That is why VBD says to buy some thing from the Plaza. Just keep your receipt to show that you were a customer of the Plaza.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    @shadow

It crossed my mind that's what he meant but I wonder if one can still be booted if seen going into Follies - sorta claiming the Fiesta parking is while shopping at Fiesta and not being at Follies?
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    Can't war with the Pep Boyz, but why not with the bird dogging rent-a-cop across the street? Is that parking lot ever full?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    The review stated the guard across the street was heavily-armed and it costs $75 to unboot your car.
  • himoverthere
    6 years ago
    How much is parking at follies during day shift? Cause if it's just a little more than what food would cost at fiesta pizza, I'd rather just park at the club and just save myself the hassle.
  • joewebber
    6 years ago
    $5 parking at follies until around 3:30 ish than depending on the day, $10 afterward. $20 at night (supply and demand)
    kinda silly to park in other lots to avoid a $5 parking charge....even more silly to buy something in plaza fiesta (usually more than $5) only to walk across the street. follies has the 4pm buffet EVERY DAY.
    I know you guys are cheap, but seriously how little money do you have that you are griping about $5 valet, and tipping the door girl during the day?
    do us all a favor and stay home if you can't afford to tip.
    the club needs $$ to stay open, and if you're gonna be stingy about a few bucks, you're part of the overcrowding problem.
    it only took me one time years ago for my car to get booted in downtown atlanta to realize that putting $3 in the slot was a lot cheaper than paying $75 for someone to remove a boot.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Follies is one of the few places where I don’t mind paying for the valet parking. Because of the small parking lot and the big crowds, it’s a needed service versus merely being another way to extract money from your wallet. Five dollars during the weekdays is not bad. During the weekends it’s a little pricier during the day at $10. I don’t know the night time prices cause I’ve never been at night. Anyway, definitely better than a boot or towing charge.
  • captainfun
    6 years ago
    If you valet you car it may get dinged up. I was there on Wed via Uber. A dancer told me that he watched her own car get backed into others’ cars twice by the valet guys.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Yeah, it's not just about the valet-charge, it's about giving an early-20s guy access to your car - some of those valet-guys drive the cars like race-cars.

A TUSCLer once told me that the valets leave the keys in the cars and that his dad's car was once stolen from the Follies parkin-lot bc the valet had left the key in it (IDK if they still leave the keys in the cars)
    - as tight/overcrowded as that parking-lot is I would not be surprised dings happen from time to time
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    It's certainly not about the money to me. I usually leave my cell phone in my car rather than take a chance on losing it ITC. I have seen the valets hot rodding it around the parking lot. Even saw them do it with my Mustang one of the few times I gave them the keys.

One morning several months ago when I arrived at the club there was a meeting going on OTC on the back side with all of the valets. The reason for the meeting was that one of them had given a drunk driver the wrong car.
  • VeryBigDawg
    6 years ago
    Good points. Valet is a valid option.

@shadowcat. Speaking of cell phone in the club, I did lose mine at Follies several years ago. Surprisingly a PL found it and turned it in, so got it back. Now I just leave the cell phone in the car.
  • ime
    6 years ago
    I usually get to Follies around opening time and just park myself and it hasn't been a problem. I haven't been there in a while though and probably be spring before I can get there again.
  • joewebber
    6 years ago
    regarding the valet behavior: please report anything wrong to the follies management. otherwise nothing will get done.
  • joesmama69
    6 years ago
    Pep Boys takes a cut from the tow truck drivers. Those hookers work for me
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    I hate walking across that busy 5 lanes road to the circuit plaza. Drive up the hill away from PepBoys to find plenty of parking, just buy something.
  • TJ Lee
    6 years ago
    Oops, it's a 7 lanes road.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Yeah - that street is a bit dangerous to cross and cars drive pretty-fast on it
  • VeryBigDawg
    6 years ago
    The master (shadowcat) just confirmed the towing at pep boys. Wonder how they know who to tow?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion