tuscl

Story of a stereotypical sex worker boyfriend.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 10:34 AM
My friend checked into a mental health facility yesterday. She is there because she had a breakdown and threatened suicide. As far as I can tell, this is something unsurprising. She has not been taking her meds for her mental health issues. Nor has she been in a rational state of mind lately. She’s displayed off and on manic behavior for a solid two months now. Yesterday, she got fired from her job. She was shocked and upset. I was unsurprised. She was constantly coming in late/no-showing. And she’s constantly had conflict with this coworker or that coworker. She calls me, and we chat briefly. Then we text back and forth and she seemingly calms down and says she will focus on her camming. I encourage her. When she has had her mania surges, she would “bounce back” after a few hours. I figured yesterday would have been like that. I find out she’s in the hospital because her boyfriend tells about it later that night when he comes home. (She, her boyfriend, and I are all roommates) And his main emotion is that he’s annoyed. Because rent is coming up due at the end of this month and he has to take care of paying. Her erratic behaviors and mental breakdowns didn’t even register as a potential problem. And hopefully she can get out soon so that she can start “helping out” again. I nod, and bite my tongue. And will instead vent to a discussion board: 1. Why is a dude in his late 20s stressing about paying 2/3 of the rent on an apartment below 1k/month? 2. Her current vanilla job makes below $15/hr. And that’s the only job he believes she has been doing. 3. She’s going to magically be able to possibly be able to contribute in a week? If she has to look for another vanilla job first? 4. She’s already tried asking “permission” to dance and cam. He said no. (She will cam behind his back anyways, but that’s beside the point.) 5. If she does get discharged soon, and is able to do so, where will he think she will have gotten the money? Hmm.

93 comments

• PinkSugarDoll
    6 years ago
    It’s always been my belief that you need to be with someone who supports what you want to do. Climbing mt Everest, going to college, dancing—whatever it is. Sounds to me like you two girls could easily afford to live there without that d bag.
  • houjack
    6 years ago
    1. Because McDonald's pays minimum wage. She better contribute, he wants to get back to playing Xbox.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Doesn’t sound like a very good situation for you, you need to remove yourself from this equation ASAP.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I’m not going to judge him by only recently getting bothered when he realizes an income stream is lost. (Well not completely anyways.) At the moment, I’m more confused than bothered by his behavior. I can’t tell whether he is: A) Really just that stupid B) Realize deep down what’s going on. But he enjoys being “taken care of” and so blissfully deludes himself.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Nevertheless you need to remove yourself from there before it gets any worse.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    I feel like Gawker could contribute here on his former ATF's money making opportunities while getting treatment. But I suppose she could say she got the money in the mental health facility for selling her real life sex stories to the staff and patients. Oh, ask her if some creepy guy in ankle chains hogging all the internet time in the institution library. He is likely from San Jose.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I’ll judge him. The guy’s a fucking loser. No wonder your friend is having issues. I hope she pulls through this.
  • Vantablack
    6 years ago
    Sounds like he is a top contender for worst boyfriend of the year
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @25 I’m not on the lease. If I wanted to bounce out, it would be easy to. Plus I know I’d definitely be leaving in May. That being said, I have been thinking harder about “getting out of town” more often. Probably in Dallas. But still staying here on Mondays-Wednesdays. Not only for school, but also to check up on my friend to make sure she’s mostly okay. But everything is still tentative there on my end.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I agree that he’s not the best kind of boyfriend. But she is emotionally dependent on him. And sadly the most likely reason she would kick him to the curb is if she meets somebody else to replace him for her emotional needs. He may be worthless. But he’s not actively abusive.
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    Sorry for your friend. I’ve been thru the ringer with someone who was diagnosed bi-polar. It can be overwhelming. Don’t withhold judgement. He’s rent is less then $333 a month and he appears to be healthy and able bodied. That guy should be more than able to pick up his girlfriends share for a little while till she’s in a better place. On top of that he’s limiting her income stream by saying she can’t cam. Fuck that. Slavery was abolished and he doesn’t get to say what she can and can’t do.
  • rickthevulture
    6 years ago
    She should dump that zero and get herself a hero! A hero vulture that is. Squawk!
  • rickthevulture
    6 years ago
    But not me. As a member of the council of ricks I have a duty to fuck hairless ape whores. Perhaps my bud ralphthevulture. He’s kind of milquetoast! I’d like to point him to a sexy hairless ape that likes to lick cloaca. Squawk!
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Sorry to hear about this. Sounds like you are stuck in the middle of a bad situation. I hope your friend recovers and I hope you can help give her the support she needs. What a jerk
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Thanks for sharing the story and I hope your friend is able to get the help she needs at the hospital and that she can move forward positively from there. As far as the boyfriend, he sounds like a lost cause but I don’t know what you can do about it. As far as understanding him, I’d guess the answer is “B”.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I don't understand a lot of "men".
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Im sorry you and your friend have to go through this. That guy is no BF, he's using her with no care plain and simple.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    I will dump a load on that boyfriend head. He be a dukey head then
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    He’s become immune to her drama. He’s probably dealt with it for so long, which shows in his lack of sensitivity. Not acceptable but he’s focused on himself, not her at the moment.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ the fuck he isn’t abusive, you’re confusing abusive with violent SMH He certainly is an abusive shithead !
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    ^^^ true mental abuse is worse than physical. There are no Mark's or bruises so it goes unnoticed
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    i dont get why yall are pouring it on the bf, he pays his half of the rent, and nicespices friend is clearly still stripping behind his back. its not like nicespice hasnt let him smash.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    I have a buddy that used to be a fireman. He said they had a call for a woman passed out in a car. She was going to give her boyfriend a blowjob when she passed out. When they were loading her up to transport her, the boyfriend was wining and asking... what about my blow job? When am I getting my blow job? The firemen told him to shut up. Knowing my buddy he probably would have put a boot in his mouth to shut him up
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    a) he's a dbag or b) he can't emotionally/financially handle the situation and is unable/ill-equipped to handle the situation
  • Iam4u2screw
    6 years ago
    I agree. He may not be physically abusive, but he is definitely emotionally abusive. By the simple fact that she is in distress, yet he focuses on the financial impacts of her situation means he has relegated her well being behind his. That simply demonstrates his total lack of empathy towards her and any concern he can show towards the person he should be loving and cherishing. Yes, she probably needs to ditch the guy and yes, considering her mental state, she is probably relying on him, but the chain has to be broken. With mental health, and I am speaking from personal knowledge, the patient has to focus on their recovery and yes the help and support of others is very important, but another key factor to improving is cutting out the negative influences to contribute to the issues. His lack of compassion shows he does not have the capacity to support her recovery, but your concern for her does. All I can say is that for her future wellbeing, she needs to get rid of this guy and if she is naturally co-dependent, then she needs to keep looking until she finds the person that will support her and help her to be better and become the person she has the potential to be. Keep yourself available to her and let her know that you only have her best interests in mind, and that if she needs help making life decisions, that you are willing to give your advice/suggestion when she asks/needs it, so she can be better. Finally, if he really loved/cared for her, he would have noticed she wasn't taking her meds and forced the issue. Stepping off my high horse now and paying my 2 cents.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    NiceSpice, about the girl, first of all the mental health system, psychotherapy, and psychiatric meds are what ruin people, deprive them of a life and deprive them of awareness and of any kind of a center. They need to remove themselves from all of that and flush the meds down the toilet. And the doctors who give that stuff to minors should be prosecuted in the International Court for Crimes Against Humanity, and then hung by the neck. About the BF, we do not walk in his shoes and so we should not judge him. Lots of people get into situations where they find it hard to go forwards. People who have been treated with dignity and respect and been allowed to develop and apply their abilities will be very unlikely to ever develop a problem with drugs or alcohol. And if further there have not been huge holes blasted in their social and civil standing, then they probably will be better at adapting to change and loss. And people often want to try and continue intimate relationships, these may be all the party has in life. This is strange world we live in. We have to always start with the premise that a person is doing the very best they are able to. Universal Basic Income is a much cheaper and simpler solution to these kinds of problems than the way things are now. SJG
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    i wish the best for your friend, that's a shitty situation. lazy entitled people love to take advantage of sex workers. sometimes i don't think they even believe they are doing anything wrong. it's not just the sterotypical deadbeat bf but it can be female friends. i've been taken advantage of a few who thought dancing was such easy money so i should pay for them bc they were broke and one i even caught stealing from me who said "come on dude it's not that big of a deal, you made it in one night". "B) Realize deep down what’s going on. But he enjoys being “taken care of” and so blissfully deludes himself." i vote this one. he might also be ignorant when it comes to mental health stuff. like people who think being sad for a few days over something is the same as clinical depression and tell you to do yoga outside and eat better and you'll be cured. so maybe he doesn't understand the severity of the situation and why she can't just go back to normal and make rent
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I have no idea what the fine line between “abusive” and “scumbag” is. What do you guys think the difference is then? There seems to be a divide in opinions here. ——— At any rate, her boyfriend is (most likely) is less of a scum bag than this salty.nutz troll is. Btw salty, get the basic facts right before you start distorting them. I already said camming, not stripping. You have a history of trying to pick fights with several dancers on here. I remember for me specifically, you were trying multiple times to claim I was racist and only liked white customers. But you were caught in the act just projecting the whole time. Remember this? [view link] You can try to intensify the smear campaign on me with even more outlandish claims. But keep in mind, I enjoy trolling on occasion too. And I’m better at it than you are.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I appreciate the warm sentiments guys. There’s nothing much I can do about it, aside from being an occasional ear. I’ve given up on trying to give her advice for the most part, since it’s going to be ignored anyways. I just aim for enjoying her friendship as is. I’m hoping that since she is getting medical attention, that will be even easier to do.
  • Lamo at these men on tuscl Thats cool that they sympathize , but I genuinely am.curious of they would have the same level of sympathy if the roles were reversed .
  • If thr gender roles were reversed *
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    On occasion? LOL ;-)
  • I think. The boyfriends anger is justified. But I equally sympathize for ur friend. I think k mental illness makes ur friend's problems justified, but it isnt sufficient for someone else to not be mad over how ur friends problems financially affects them. Thats just reality
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @Nicole If the roles were reversed? As in, if a female wants to contribute minimal emotional support to her man, and doesn’t even have any children with him, but nonetheless wants him to pay her bills? Best not to ask that question. ;)
  • Like I said, while I think ur friend shouldnt be blamed for her individual problems , while I am not saying that she is at fault for the financial problems the boyfriend is having caused by his girl friend's mental health, I'm just saying that thr boyfriend is justified at feeling mad...who gives a fucks if the rent is less than 1000.she mad a commitment to pay half knowing what he makes, and now because of that, they are having trouble.
  • Like I said, while I think ur friend shouldnt be blamed for her individual problems , qnd while I am not saying that she is at fault for the financial problems the boyfriend is having caused by his girl friend's mental health, I'm just saying that the boyfriend is justified at feeling mad...who gives a fucks if the rent is less than 1000.she made a commitment to pay half knowing what he makes, and now because of that, they are having trouble.
  • Like I said, while I think ur friend shouldnt be blamed for her individual problems , while I am not saying that she is at fault for the financial problems the boyfriend is having caused by his girl friend's mental health, I'm just saying that thr boyfriend is justified at feeling mad...who gives a fucks if the rent is less than 1000.she mad a commitment to pay half knowing what he makes, and now because of that, they are having trouble.
  • larryfisherman
    6 years ago
    He’s clearly not the best guy around, but I’m not going to bury him. From nicespice’s description, it sounds like he is going to pay the 2/3 rent this month, it’s just that he’s not happy having to do it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    So @ spice - are you gonna help out your friend in her time of need and pitch in extra for her part of the rent? She'll probably get out sooner than later and will need a place to come home to, no?
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    lol im not trolling its an honest opinion. Bills are due pay up. do you think the bank gives a fuck if im mentally or physically ill and dont pay my mortgage? no they dont, they will leave my ass and familiy in the streets. BF said no camming or stripping but she is still doing it behind his back. i have a history of smashing my roomates of the opposite sex, so yeah im projecting.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    “she mad a commitment to pay half knowing what he makes, and now because of that, they are having trouble.” I apologize if I made it seem otherwise. These two never had a clear discussion together about “fair agreements” and deciding how bills are split. They just pitch in for that stuff together on a joint bank account. And occasionally he picks up the slack when she’s in between jobs. But otherwise, the vast majority of stuff gets paid by her. Including his student loan debt. Before moving in an apartment at home together, he was living with his mom for the longest time. It might not only be the amount paid that’s stressing him out. He might also be stressed at the task of having to go to the apartment office to present a check.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @Papi. Nope. I already told her in the past, and maybe I’ll remind her again: if he moves out. I’m okay with going 50/50 on the rent. But if he’s there, I’m only paying my part.
  • ..if she is having to pitch in less cpmpared to what she usually does, then ya he has a right to.mad.....cuz if she wasnt fired she prob could have contributed a lot more. Like I said..I'm not blaming her for anything, but he at at least has a legitimate right to get angry , because it was thru her actions that he is having financial consequences , since even tho they didn't have explicit agreement , she IMPLIED how much she could contribute based on how much she contributed in past.
  • trickystick
    6 years ago
    @nicespice, can't you find better roommates? Or get your own place? You won't ever have to deal with or worry about crap like this again.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    ^^^ go to your room
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    ^^^ meant for nicole
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I understand where you’re coming from, Nicole. If for whatever reason your parents weren’t able to keep you financially afloat so that you could get away with being a jobless 24 year old sophomore/junior, then I’d hate to imagine how angry *you* would be. ——— But anyways, I’m copying and pasting my earlier question, because I’m interested in hearing what others have to say: I have no idea what the fine line between “abusive” and “scumbag” is. What do you guys think the difference is then? There seems to be a divide in opinions here.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @trickystick The thing is, is that this is mostly not *my* issue. Sure it happens in front of me, but I can mostly choose how much to participate. I was considering venturing out so that it would even be less of my problem. But that being said, I’m not going to outright ghost my friend.
  • If for whatever reason your parents weren’t able to keep you financially afloat so that you could get away with being a jobless 24 year old sophomore/junior, then I’d hate to imagine how angry *you* would be. Hey nice spice.what does my parents not backing out on supporting me have anything to do with ur friend who actually backed out of committing to something ?
  • ..l..like if my parents backed out, yeah I'd feel some type of way(I would get a job but I would feel some type of way) Bc they promised to commit. Kind of like how I am saying ur friend should be able to feel mad bc ur friend back out on a fucking financial commitment . Is that the similarity youre drawing lmao? That when people make finanical commitments, they have an obligation to commit .and if they don't commit, the other person obviously has a right to feel mad? Lmao .
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    With all of the back and forth my advice still stands for you to remove yourself from this situation, I understand friendship, but you really aren’t in a position to offer much more than moral support. Advice you can’t really offer without being asked, and even if she asked for advice, you’d need to be very careful not to get offended if she continues to do as she always has. If you had your own place even with another roommate you could let her come stay with you on the condition that he is not welcome. Guys like this never come correct anyway, so before you could help her she needs to help herself and ditch the bum.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @ Nicole “That when people make finanical commitments, they have an obligation to commit ” Ooh look. You tried to bring up the *same* thing up again. I’ll copy and paste what I *already* replied earlier: “These two never had a clear discussion together about “fair agreements” and deciding how bills are split. They just pitch in for that stuff together on a joint bank account. And occasionally he picks up the slack when she’s in between jobs. But otherwise, the vast majority of stuff gets paid by her. Including his student loan debt.” The reason I brought up a similarity between him and you, is that he’s comfortable with feeling entitled to keep the spoiling train going for himself. Just like *you* are. ——— That being said, that’s why I want to ask the question *again* whether the boyfriend is truly emotionally abusive? As opposed to just simply lazy and entitled? (Because if so, then I have to ask if Nicole’s relationship with her family would be considered abusive as well)
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @25 Thank you for your input. I have nothing much to say in response at the moment. I’ll just say that I’ll give it some thought.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ This guy is not only abusing her he’s abusing you believe it or not, I say he’s abusive in response to him expecting a GF to be his mommy and take care of his business. He needs to grow the fuck up and provide and not just sit around on his ass and expect to be waited on hand and foot. That’s why I say abusive.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^ I’ve never given him any money before nor ever done any favors for him. The only time I’ve ever hung out with him was when it was the three of us going out. Usually for food. I guess I just don’t understand how I’m impacted in this. As for the idea of men providing, I personally hold more egalitarian viewpoints. But I definitely don’t agree with men actively leeching either.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I’m not saying you’re impacted, but you seem to be, just having this much drama surrounding your home life has to have an impact, but those are your choices to make as you see fit, regardless I wish you well and I’m sure eventually, this too shall pass.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    FWIW, in the organization I am building all such problems would be eliminated by design. We won't ever deal with people who in any way support the mental health system, its drugs, street drugs or alcohol, or the recovery movement, or Born Again Christianity. Everyone will be pursing an appropriate and demanding career, as well as continuing their education. No one would ever have to rely on themselves. That is an idiotic idea. The organization has the responsibility of making things work for people. So the whole idea of who is a success and who is a fuck up does not even exist. Libertarianism does not exist. SJG Mainstreet [view link] Mary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty [view link] Golden Earing ~ Radar Love (extended) 1973 [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Attributed to Denis Diderot, "Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    He sounds like an idiot. He should be encouraging her and helping her make more.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    PhatBoy99, glad to see you back! SJG
  • 1) yeah but what relevance does u saying im lazy and entitled(I don't think that I am) have on this. like u say you are trying to make a similarity between her bf and I but what relevance does that have on you conveying your message other than proving your opinion about me that I am lazy....that's redundant or not necessary u say: And occasionally he picks up the slack when she’s in between jobs. But otherwise, the vast majority of stuff gets paid by her. Including his student loan debt. ….^ I think that I skipped that part when reading. if that is true, I guess you're right. but idk..if you are right, that would mean that she pays for his expenses and most of the groceries as opposed to them splitting these fees.
  • If he contributes rent I am sure he pays for other things as well, but I could b wrong.
  • Dblednmike
    6 years ago
    Does anyone else have a problem with the fact that he “won’t let her” strip or do a cam show? She’s a fucking adult who seems to be paying the majority of his expenses, yet he’s setting conditions on how she can earn the money. GTFO
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @nicole “what relevance does that have on you conveying your message other than proving your opinion about me that I am lazy” The relevance is that you tried to come in and make a harsh statement just because it’s different than others’ opinion here. You didn’t even ask questions first to see if there was a chance you were right. You even tried to make your usual “sexism” nonsense early on, before you gave up on that. But I’m in a trolling mood, so I will play along with your crap. @dblednmike I don’t care for it either. Ideally, she would dump him and cam and strip to her heart’s content. But it is what it is.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    I was gong to respond, but Nicole’s blathering made me want to vomit, so... Maybe I’ll try later.
  • The relevance is that you tried to come in and make a harsh statement just because it’s different than others’ opinion here.... Ok so lmao what does me having my rent paid for have to do with making a harsh statement that is different? Oh, and do I not have the right to make a harsh statement that is different ? Oh, u thought I was out of line by making harsh statement without giving u chance that u would be right ? I mean sorry I cant read ur mind to be able to know the exact details of the financial situation..a situation which it seemed like u conveyed the main details of Of.course I cant predict every little situation..
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    Dam nicespice is gas lighting you dudes up. how is a guy leeching if he pays for his part of the rent? Nicespice are your costumers this pathetic in da club....lol...wow
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    keep sucking that tit boyz
  • Especially when I don't know the ppl.involved.this doesnt mean I cant make harsh staments , but rather that I cant be hekd accountable for knowing things about ppl I don't know Me making a harsh statement wasn't assuming anything about ppl I don't know, but rather making a claim on a reasonable amount of information provided by you initially.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    ^^^あまりにも知的ではない
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    sometimes i start to wonder if nicespice and nicole are the same person
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^I’d love to take credit, but then somebody else would likely come at me for being “unoriginal.” Update: she has left the hospital and is home. I think she said she still has to do stuff to prove she’s taking her prescribed medication. So she will be able to continue camming and pay for (most) of the mutual bills, his student loans, and restaurant tabs. Plus occasional gifts every so often. So hooray for happy endings?
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    If she's paying most of the bills, he's using her. She can find better. Rent there is higher than what I'm paying each week for a hotel, ouch.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^Dang. How much is your hotel? ——— We hung out earlier today to walk the dog. We were in the car together. I road raged because someone merging on the freeway didn’t want to yield to me when I had the right of way. I yelled out “oh just try me dipshit! The one you’re trying to hit is suicidal anyways!” And she laughed at that and said “I do care! The dog might get hurt!” ...And I am reminded why I put up with her shit. It’s because she’s gracious enough with mine. Lol!
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I've been paying 55 to 75 a night but only staying 3 to 4 nights most weeks. I paid 37 a night for 5 nights one week but didn't stay the whole time and that hotel smelled in the outside hallways. Getting big discounts online. I could get cheaper than 75 but sometimes I think it pays to sleep good rather than get the cheapest hotel with lousy beds.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^Thats really good to know. If I do more out of town trips for my dancing(which is likely), then that is even more encouraging. Lol, DC. Your driving style would fit right in if you ever moved to Texas.
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    "So hooray for happy endings?" Does it really count as a happy ending? (That's rhetorical). This girl sounds like the kind of crazy TUSCLers might like. You guys know who you are. Is she cute?
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    I haven't read all of the comments, but that guy is garbage. If your friend wants to dance or do whatever, yet her significant other won't support it/is against it, it's not a match. There will come a time where he'll eventually find out whether accidental or not and he'll probably have a meltdown of his own. He sounds like a whiney, unsupportive, little bitch. Any guy who isn't okay with their s.o. dancing or being a sex worker has preconceived ideas and insecurities pestering that literally nobody has time for. Fuck that loser. I hope your friend is feeling better soon and good luck to you and her.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    SPICE - I read very few of the comments, but you said he is not "actively abusive" and by that I took it as he is not harming, hitting, raping, etc. her. I would like to tell you why. He doesn't have to. Its simple. She does what he wants. When she stops doing what he wants he will escalate. A shove, a slap, etc. When that stops he will escalate. That's all.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ those are logical and true points.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    She shouldn't be paying his shit at all- that is not a man.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    ^^^ exactly
  • ASUS12
    6 years ago
    From limited Information it's hard to say whether her boyfriend is a dbag or an abuser. But I'm leaning towards a dbag. There is no reason he can't come up with money for what little we say the Rent is. I feel for your friend who has the mental problems. Mental illness is very much misunderstood and as a horrible disease medications can be a big help the can also be a problem that it is almost impossible to find the right combination. Biggest Problem with mental illness is if they try to self medicate with street drugs. If you can get her to find a regular job instead of camming I think it would be better. More structure is better for someone with that illness. Have yourself an exit plan pre worked up. Situation could go from bad to oh my God quickly...
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^If someone is going to advise someone else to get a regular job, and how to find a good one, then it will have to be somebody other than me lol But I agree that a bit of structure would probably be good. I could use a bit more of that myself. ——— I appreciate the feedback guys. Especially from PSD, 25, DrEvil, Dblednmike, MackTruck, huntsman, shailynn, DC9428, blahblah, flag, iam4u2screw, papi, April, trickystick, OrionSmith, waffle, skibum, crazyjoe, and ASUS12. I’m considering asking my roommate to read this thread and allowing her to come to her own conclusions. ...But if I do that, then I will be waiting for a couple of months at least.
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    under $400 is pretty damn low. wtf do these people do for a living and why do you live with them? my rent is double that, with a roomie, and i live in a supposedly crappy area. no wonder you san anton girls come up here to work. at least you're in school and being smart about it, props for that.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I brought up what he said to her. She rolled her eyes and asked why he forgot she had a paycheck of $700 coming on the 31st. So even if they were still in the hospital it would have been fine. In her case, she has a relatively low paying (but above minimum wage) jobs. But until she gets a grip on her mental health she’s going to have a hard time keeping one stable. His income I believe is similar. I don’t think he works a full 40 hrs/wk. She’s decided now she’s going to just cam more seriously now. Idk how long it’s going to take for him to catch on. I live with them because not only because she asked me to, but the apartment location is nearby a bus route that is convenient to campus. ——— San Antonio is definitely more ratchet. One girl straight up asked me if I had a condom once (in a club without a private booth to do that discreetly.) And I’ve overheard more than one phone call in the dressing room where a dancer is on the phone asking for “permission” to leave the club. Income potential I think is less than Austin, but not as bad as a couple of years ago. Idk if it was me that improved or the customers. But yeah. I need to stop being lazy and get my butt out of town more often. Especially because my school schedule is currently lighter than I thought it would be a few months ago.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    @ nicespice. You were asking why some members were saying the room mates boyfriend was abusive even though there is no violence... At the very least he is taking advantage of her financially if she is paying most of the Bill's including his student loans. He is abusing her financially.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    @DC same here. For me, the whole point of dancing or any other kind of sex work is the freedom and flexibility. Also [view link] @MackTruck She wants to do it though. I don’t agree with her nonsense, but she likes providing for him. It’s that pesky codependency.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    DC, bragging about endangering people's lives on the road doesn't make you cool. Makes you even more retarded than you already appear to be. The guy doesn't have to be a douchebag. So what if he doesn't want her dancing? And so what if he has problems coming up with rent money. That doesn't make him a bad person.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    It actually is endangering everyone on the road. You're a clueless moron in every aspect of your life
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    The retard is above the law
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    We're not in France or Italy, we're in the US. Stop sounding like you're trying to write an essay.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion