tuscl

DJ’s playing better music recently, especially during day shift.

Mate27
TUSCL’s #1 Soothsayer!
Years ago I remarked often about DJs playing too much rap and hip hop at my clubs, and wondered why they would cater to the dancers’ tastes instead of the customer base? It seems you’d want to pander to the spenders it get them in a better mood.

I’ve noticed this past year that much of the music played is more classic rock and roll and less hip hop/rap. Although rap is still on the playlist it’s not as ubiquitous. I haven’t been out at night for years so maybe it’s a different play list at night, albeit club specific.

Do any of you veterans appreciate the pendulum of club music swinging back to customer base’s tastes? I know lately I have been enjoying the music more at the various clubs I visit. They mix it up with new and old for a better balance. I think it adds value to the entertainment factor. Watch how many people will comment “they play music at the club?”

7 comments

• Dominic77
    6 years ago
    Friday night shift on Brookpark Rd or down in the Flats they spin in a lot of '90s and early '00s music - hardcore, hard rock, grunge, alternative, metal. Not exactly classic rock or the 50 y/o target demographic. But I like it. It's my music. They still do mix in hip hop and rap, but upbeat stuff you can dance to. But this has been a 3 year trend so it's not new.

"Do any of you veterans appreciate the pendulum of club music swinging back to customer base’s tastes?"

I have noticed that strippers tell white lies or SS and say they prefer older '90s music. Maybe they really do. I know they like modern rap. But sometimes it's nice to hear the SS too. So at least the dancers are pandering to the customers' tastes. Smart girls.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Did your club get SiriusXM and start playing the 60s and 70s channels during day shift for all the Baby Boomers in there spending their kids inheritances?
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Lol shailynn you say some funny shit sometimes.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Shailynn, that would be awesome. Apparently all the clubs got their subscription renewed, except I don’t know how they tell Sirius to cut the songs short to 3 minutes or less. Must be the strip Club package that they purchase.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Smash that DJ’s like button.

I wish DJs in my area did the same.
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    Day shift always has better music. At night they have more stupid rules based off what managers think people wanna hear
  • wallanon
    6 years ago
    I haven't really seen that trend across the board. In a lot of clubs the DJs play what they want, but make sure it's a song the dancer on stage likes enough to move to. The other day I was waiting about an hour for a dancer to get ready and heard at least four Metallica songs. Maybe not everyone's a Metallica fan but it wasn't Hip Hop.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion