tuscl

Pimsleur now offering a Subscription plan for $14.99 per month.

Monday, September 24, 2018 1:50 AM
Are you trying to learn Spanish before your next trip to Tijuana? Maybe brush up on your German so you can tour Germany and feel like a native when you go to an FKK? Pimsleur just recently began offering a subscription plan where you pay $14.99 per month to gain access to all the lessons for a language of your choice. If you wanted to purchase and download the entire course it would normally cost $575.00. Even more if you downloaded the course one level at a time. I recently signed up and I can download all the lessons for Spanish - Latin America through their new smartphone app. It's a little buggy at times, but the lessons have been great and the audio is of high quality. Keep in mind, Pimsleur focuses on teaching you how to converse in a particular language, so it's not going to be a comprehensive course on every aspect of a language. Things like writing and grammar are mostly ignored. If you are interested I provided a link to a special offer below. Basically, you get 1-week free and if you're not happy anytime during that week you can request your subscription be cancelled. I think it might be worth a try. [view link]

7 comments

• alexsa
    6 years ago
    Having spent 12 glorious hours at Sharks FKK once, at no point did I ever think speaking German would have enhanced my experience and I'm curious to know if others have been and think it does. I Obviously same does not apply to Tijuana and Spanish.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Learning a new language is a great thing. However, I visited both Tijuana and Frankfurt this year and found that I did not need to know Spanish or German. Some of the girls speak excellent English and all of them speak enough to get the job done.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Duolingo is a free app that lets you learn almost any language at your own pace.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    I have to second the recommendation for Duolingo. It's free with paid ads through there's a $10 plan that gets rid of the ads. Vocabulary seems stronger on duolingo than some of the others (rather than being just memorization of phrases and vocab for business traveler or for a business traveler looking to relocate his wife and kids to a new country).
  • arcserr
    6 years ago
  • Wanabefrank
    6 years ago
    I actually do both Pimsleur and duolingo. The former helps with conversational skill and the latter with grammar and vocab. I do feel my Spanish has improved dramatically this last month. After completing both I plan on watching a lot of Spanish TV and movies and start reading books. Luckily I also have Hispanic friends I can practice my Spanish with.
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    ^ Like Wanabefrank said, Duolingo and Pimsleur can work in tandem. I used Duolingo exclusively for a few months, and while my Spanish comprehension did improve quite a bit my ability to speak the language lagged behind. I think Pimsleur may be a bit more useful purely for visiting Zona Norte.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion