tuscl

Does Chivalry equate to Misogyny?

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
If so I'm a misogynist and proud of it.

It's just the values upon which I was raised and what I raised my son to uphold. If a woman gets upset at me opening a door or offering my seat, then fuck her. It's not going to stop me the next time.

31 comments

• 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    Brilliant! Keep being chivalrous flagooner!

You still have a long way to go before you catch up with juicebox69 though. I hear that he hangs out at the local Arby's and opens all the sauce packets for women. He also licks the curly fry grease off of their hands. You should try that! ;)

• nicespice
    6 years ago
    I’m triggered. :p
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    I’m curious as to how one equates horsemanship with misogyny.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    @Flagooner: "I'm going to impress this babe with my chivalry by holding the door open. "

Babe: "I hope this feeble geriatric dude doesn't hurt himself trying to keep the door open. I'll give em the obligatory smile, anyway. "
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    I love it when guys open doors/lift heavy objects/etc etc :)
  • JackAstor
    6 years ago
    Men are misogynists until the trash needs to be taken out.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ Well yeah, there are limits.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    @Randumb
    It figures. All you can think of is what your actions will get for you.

Sphincter
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Being serious, if it’s the way someone was raised, and they do it universally, then it’s just simply a norm someone follows. No need to question whether it’s misogyny.

Just like saying “bless you” when sneezing. I say that all the time, and I’m an atheist. I’ve seen several other atheists do the same.

With a younger dude doing such behavior, it could be one way or another. They will practice chivalry plenty with a female they perceive as attractive and do no such thing with someone viewed as fugly.

But even then, calling that behavior misogyny is too much of a stretch imo.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Funny think is, I've known women who think it is, and they thought I was an asshole for not being a gentleman lol This one bitch was moving and I dropped by but didn't help her with heavy shit, let her struggle with it and she thought it was rude of me. Yet she was so fucked up she didn't know if she was straight or a dyke and thought she was a chicana lesbian activist .

Personally, I like being a gentleman for women. I like treating them well.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I do it for ugly and old women too. They appreciate it as well.

But I won't do it for white women. I've offered to help a white woman who fell off her bike once, the bitch started screaming. Same when a bitch fell down and I started picking her shit up for her. Once tried asking a drunk bitch if she was OK and her friends started yelling calling me a rapist. Fuck that shit. Its all the wannabe hipsters fucking shit up here.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^If that’s not racist I don’t know what is, dumbass.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    They're the racist ones, their reactions are racist, I don't fuck with that
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    Hold the dam door and get over it already
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Ahh, as in they all look alike you need to rethink your words, dumbass.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    On second thought you’re not a dumbass, you’re a twit!
  • londonguy
    6 years ago
    Wonder if the misandrist is proud of it too?
  • londonguy
    6 years ago
    The one on here I mean
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Dont feel bad nobody really knows what woman of any generation want, but one things for sure, good manners are always in style.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    @DC9428

Making girls feel safe is a good thing. So is not pushing boundaries, the point is to make them push their boundaries...once you get a girl to think things are her idea, she'll do just about anything. You just need a little confidence and a game plan.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    @DC I didn't rly read all that and I'm tired. What part of girlfriend is hard? I don't think asking to go on a date is pushing boundaries. Also hanging out or finding mutual hobbies isnt pushing anything. What is pushing boundaries is trying to make out or fuck too damn soon. Whatever is too soon will obviously depend on the girl and circumstances.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Ask specific questions and Ill help you
  • lopaw
    6 years ago
    I love chivalry and don't care what gender it comes from. I have held doors open for both men & women, and both men & women have held them open for me and I think it's wonderful. It's just people being kind to other people. Why does it have to be politicized?
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    I still don’t understand in what way horsemanship equates to misogyny.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    it isn't just about approaching them. its how you do it. whether its a date or not comes down to how you make them feel, and obviously if you're out with her there's an interest.
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    It's hard to really give you advice not knowing you at all in real life, but you sound nice enough. Sounds to me like you have a hard time reading women?
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    Yes, men are simple creatures.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    it depends on the motive. a lot of men think that acting nice entitles them to something sexual or to some kind of attention
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    oh and to the guy who cant get a date, your attitude is the main reason
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion