tuscl

Why the fuck do guys think dressing in a baseball cap, shorts, and t shirt to c

future POTUS and Senator in training
Retired Queen Troll of TUSCL...who will succeed my reign?
Like fucking disgusting

I only speak to ambitious and purposeful men on campus.

40 comments

• Icey
    6 years ago
    fake it til you make it, dress the part you want... most are too dumb to realize that
  • Before ppl start making assumptions and think this post is pretentious , which it is not :

1) there is a difference between guys who only dress in athletic attire bc that is all they can afford, and those who plan to become athletes, as well as those who neither plan to enter the sports world , nor are confined to wearing shorts because of lack of money. It is only this last group of men I am.referring to

2) I don't have a problem with sports fanatics, but there is a time and place to wear a base call cap and gym shorts .while such an attire can be worn on campus , wearing it every day is very amateur and does not reflect style or effort . again, if that is all one can afford , that is a different story and not a case that I am speaking of
  • No one is asking any one to wear a suit.

No one is saying dont wear gym shorts and base ball cap

But for God sake, unless you are going to run a quick errand, or see ur dentist , dont go to class as if you are a gym rat every fucking day.
  • More importantly , best believe that women , or women like myself , dont focus on what we will wear to class. Sorry, we are too busy studying in the mornings completing our class work a week in advance. In an effort to murder the semester ....

We just know what not to wear. A simple t shirt and jeans will do.

• Again , u missed my point. See above comment

U think I plan my outift ? Nah, I ain't even got time for that. I'd rather use that time in the morning to study to an extent to where I am ahead in all my classws by a few days

You dont need to plan what u will wear.u just need to know what not to wear .
  • More importantly , best believe that women , or women like myself , dont focus on what we will wear to class. Sorry, we are too busy studying in the mornings completing our class work a week in advance. In an effort to murder the semester ....

• U think I plan my outift ? Nah, I ain't even got time for that. I'd rather use that time in the morning to study to an extent to where I am ahead in all my classws by a few days

• U think I plan my outift ? Nah, I ain't even got time for that. I'd rather use that time in the morning to study to an extent to where I am ahead in all my classws by a few days

• Okay ...I guess my problem is more with these guys wearing base call caps every day to class.
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    How about, worry about your own damn self. Guys can dress in whatever the hell they want for college. I bet Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg didnt always dress the part in class yet look at them now. Who gives a fuck what they're wearing. Fools can come to class wearing all the nice shit in the world and still end up dropouts working at KFC.

Look the part when it's necessary. At school? It ain't necessary. Unless you're trying to impress classmates. You can be a straight A student wearing a baseball cap, t-shirts, shorts, and sandals everyday. What does attire have to do with your willingness to learn?
  • yahtzee74
    6 years ago
    Just so you know, that's how all TUSCL members dress all the time.
  • yahtzee74
    6 years ago
    Eh, it was worth a try.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I wore fucking pajamas to some of my morning classes. None of the profs cared, they cared that I knew the material and participated in participation-driven classes.

There are also times I would go straight to work from class, and since you are jobless, you don't understand that a lot of students work before or after classes and are tired as fuck, don't the desire or need to dress up, and will dress casually and comfortably.

Obviously I dressed to the nines if I had a presentation or something, and in general do like to dress to impress, but if it's midterms or finals and I've been preparing and studying for days straight, or if it's a time when I'd worked the night before or had to work later, my appearance at school was worth zero fucks to me.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    ^Oh and adding on to my last comment, I bought a lot of apparel from the school stores. Sweats, pajama bottoms, t-shirts, hoodies, etc. So I could show up to class looking bummy as hell and still showing school spirit. Win/win.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    I believe the word for your feelings here is “shallow”.

If you care more about how they look than with their ability to get the schoolwork, or the job, done, the problem is *yours* not theirs.

When you are in a position to hire these people, then you can be a discriminatory as you want agains their mode of dress. At which point your endeavor will fail, because all the best people will tell you to “have a nice day” while not really meaning it.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I kind of agree that how you look shouldn’t be the most important characteristic that is looked at, but I’m a believer in the old adage that you never get a second chance to make a good first impression, and you never know who you might run into on any given day, so I’ll fall in the camp of those that try to look successful all of the time.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    For myself, I try to dress in a way that shows respect to those I expect to encounter that day. For others, I don’t think it’s my business to concern myself with what they’re wearing or to judge them for what they’re wearing.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    In college? It's comfortable and the generally accepted attire.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    Yeah. I mean obviously the first couple weeks of school the coursework isn't heavy so I'm not drained yet, so I dress nicely. I dress well enough to make a good first impression, and leave an impression. So when school and work start to get me busy and tired, and I show up in sweats or PJ pants and a t-shirt, professor already knows I'm a good student and will be able to tell I'm busy with a job outside of work. They respect that and don't care.

I have always stayed on top of when special guests, seminars, discussion panels, (etc) were schedule to arrive on campus and made sure I looked professional then. I also made sure I looked appropriate when visiting my school counselor / academic advisor as well as the head of the law department since he had a wealth of information and getting to know him is good because his letters of recommendation for prospective law students matters. But as head of the law dept he was always busy and you needed to schedule an appointment to see him, unless you were an undergrad taking a rare undergrad course that he taught. He didn't care about what you wore, he cared about whether or not you completed the coursework, understood it, and stood out via substantial participation; didn't give a fuck about what clothes you wore to class, unless you were doing a presentation I assume (I always dressed snazzy for those).
  • JackAstor
    6 years ago
    @Fat Boy 99

You may want to rethink that now ancient mentality before passing it along . It's exactly what got all kinds of want-to-be clowns into foreclosure.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ You should just where your stripper gear, including heels. Then he will know that you are juggling the demands of work as well as school and not just lazy
  • two_bits
    6 years ago
    "In college? It's comfortable and the generally accepted attire.

Your memory is failing you again, flag. When you went to college, you wore a letterman sweater, straw boater, and a racoon coat.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ I thought they wore togas ;)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Actually I had to wear a uniform.
  • stripfighter
    6 years ago
    not all of us have our moms (or in some cases #1 law student dad) laying out our clothes in the morning ;)
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    I just took a shit! Is that cute?
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    I feel like you just want men to dress good to impress women. The tech industry may want to have words with you. Many men can switch their outfit to fit the occasion quickly if they so choose. Not every man cares to impress every John dick and Harry they pass by. Only the ones they care to see. If you notice, it was happenstance
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    @DC I spend way more time shitting
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^I admire that dedication.

“The tech industry may want to have words with you.”

Idk if I play to an anime girl look or what, but this is the easiest group of customers for me to make money off of. I *love* when dudes dress like slobs/dorks
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    I'm with you on baseball caps being part of the douche uniform.

But I'm a professional and my coworkers often still wear jeans and t shirts. It depends on your future industry.
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    OP's concern is symptomatic of the "dressing down" trend of the last few decades, what with business casual days in the workplace. As a child, everyone went to church in their "Sunday Best". Over time that evolved to "good" business casual, to now in summer months I see several grown adults with children wearing shorts and sneakers. So if adult role models are dressing like that in church, they can't very well rail against college students dressing like they're going to a summer picnic.to their classes.

Still, there's enough old school in me to maintain that there's an appropriate minimum standards dress to suit the occasion. How many Tuscl members would feel comfortable seeing your surgeon show up in shorts and a baseball cap ?

Lastly, does Nicole 94 wear a burka to class ?
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    @nicespice are you saying you look like the "cute" girl anime geeks drool over in strip clubs or do you have a job that specifically caters to geekily/poorly dressed dudes?
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    “How many Tuscl members would feel comfortable seeing your surgeon show up in shorts and a baseball cap?”

Me.

If they’re competent, which I’ve already researched by the time I’ve scheduled surgery, he or she can wear whatever they damned well please.

I repeat, if you care more about their looks than their skills, the problem is with *you*, not them.
  • rockstar666
    6 years ago
    OMG Nicole...Fashion Police....back in my hippie days I would go to class barefoot (back in the day you could do this). It probably didn't help me with the women but that wasn't a problem for me.

• NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "How many Tuscl members would feel comfortable seeing your surgeon show up in shorts and a baseball cap ?"

Undergraduate student during class vs skilled surgeon... Hm...
  • rockstar666
    6 years ago
    My surgeons wore dresses...but not during surgery.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I had more fashion in college. I almost always wore school colors. Red tshirts.
  • daddyfatsack
    6 years ago
    This is dumb. You are on a college campus and by the sounds of it not in post graduate work. Stop being dumb.
  • wellhungsac420
    6 years ago
    I would suggest to the OP that the clothing she takes offense with is the male version of yoga pants. So if she has no issue with women dressing in yoga pants in class, supermarket, everywhere else she should shut up about what guys wear.
    I personally hate yoga pants, of course they are great on gorgeous bodies where every curve is clearly visible. But too often I see them on inappropriate women, like fatties showing off their gunt and cellulite ass dimples or way underage girls making me fell like a total creep for noticing.
    I am going to start wearing yoga pants everywhere. I think it will change women's opinion that they are acceptable streetwear.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion